Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Decisions on the Horizon?

TKnight24

Happy Gameday Folks! :colts:

Before the forum gets locked into the game, wanted to get some opinions here. As you all know, the trade deadline in the NFL is coming very soon. 

November 1st, 2016 4pm ET is the deadline 

2 questions:

1. Who do YOU want the Colts to trade for? Try to be detailed if you're including draft picks 

2. Who do YOU think the Colts will trade for if they trade at all?

6 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Happy Gameday Folks! :colts:

Before the forum gets locked into the game, wanted to get some opinions here. As you all know, the trade deadline in the NFL is coming very soon. 

November 1st, 2016 4pm ET is the deadline 

2 questions:

1. Who do YOU want the Colts to trade for? Try to be detailed if you're including draft picks 

2. Who do YOU think the Colts will trade for if they trade at all?

Bad teams do make trades bro you build thru the draft. We need all out pick and thing short of Joe Thomas or Joe haden being available we absolutely should not make any type of deals 

8 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Colts are to bad to make any trades our picks our gonna be high this yr, we need to get lucky in the draft with a pass rusher. 

What has the Colts record or being bad have to do with trading for a pass rusher if the right one was available?

Wouldn't that player still be a good pass rusher next season?

3 minutes ago, Devildog said:

A trade isn't going to make the team better right now. Save the picks.

If the right player is available why not make a trade? Wouldn't he be just as good next season?

Most rookie picks do not come right into the league and be as good as one already established.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

If the right player is available why not make a trade? Wouldn't he be just as good next season?

Most rookie picks do not come right into the league and be as good as one already established.

That is true. I guess what I was trying to say was don't give up on our picks just yet because a certain player is available. However, I don't mind trading some of our players we have now for future picks.

3 minutes ago, Devildog said:

That is true. I guess what I was trying to say was don't give up on our picks just yet because a certain player is available. However, I don't mind trading some of our players we have now for future picks.

I am not one who likes trading picks away at all. But if an impact player could be traded for with a reasonable deal I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Our best defender (Davis) was acquired with a draft pick.

34 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

What has the Colts record or being bad have to do with trading for a pass rusher if the right one was available?

Wouldn't that player still be a good pass rusher next season?

Well if a young guy was available but not and older player simply because of we draft one we control him for 4 years etc...  But assuming a young good one was available yes , we make the move. 

25 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am not one who likes trading picks away at all. But if an impact player could be traded for with a reasonable deal I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Our best defender (Davis) was acquired with a draft pick.

True,  

2 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

Colts might trade someone to get more picks. Doubt they would be trading FOR someone at this point.

I agree. I highly doubt any player that could help the Colts at this time is even available.

I don't know of any team right now who is dumping any players let alone any starters.

If we couldn't trade for a starter I wouldn't want to get rid of any draft picks.

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I agree. I highly doubt any player that could help the Colts at this time is even available.

I don't know of any team right now who is dumping any players let alone any starters.

If we couldn't trade for a starter I wouldn't want to get rid of any draft picks.

I can see Cleveland being tempted when they lose a few more.