Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need Help With Fantasy Football 2016 Season Edition

chad72

8 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Desmond trufant has been shutting down number 1 wrs though. That's why I'm worried.

And the bears have given up double digit fantasy points to Miller, Mathews, and Elliott

Go with your gut then. If you are worried about Benjamin, I'd actually be fine with playing Cooper based on the fade route TDs that Allen Robinson caught vs the Ravens. 

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Go with your gut then. If you are worried about Benjamin, I'd actually be fine with playing Cooper based on the fade route TDs that Allen Robinson caught vs the Ravens. 

He also only got 57 yards and Cooper hasn't scored.

I do appreciate your input Chad

20 hours ago, chad72 said:

Different league of mine:

QBs: Flacco at Jax

RBs: Gurley at Ari, Latavius Murray at Bal, Tevin Coleman vs Car, Christine Michael at NYJ, Jordan Howard vs Det

WRs: Dez Bryant at SF, Brandon Marshall, Randall Cobb, Will Fuller, Kelvin Benjamin at Atl, Mike Wallace

TEs: Zach Miller

DEF: Bills, Eagles (bye)

K: Justin Tucker

Thoughts on the bolded?

I think Dez had an MRI and is a maybe for this weekend. Cobb is on bye so I'm with Marshall or Fuller over Dez. Also would go Murray or Michael over Howard.

13 hours ago, CR91 said:

haha well I am playing Robinson so I can't go with the colts. I'd go with the jets. Seahawks line is terrible and their offense is off plus Wilson might not play

I don't think it's the worst thing in the world to hedge yourself with Colts D if you have their opponents number 1 WR. If it's PPR it won't affect the D. I just remember I went all in on Cutler and Marshall and sat Packers D in week 2 2012 and the packers shut down the bears and it burned me bad. At least you'll get something by hedging yourself.

Just now, bababooey said:

I don't think it's the worst thing in the world to hedge yourself with Colts D if you have their opponents number 1 WR. If it's PPR it won't affect the D. I just remember I went all in on Cutler and Marshall and sat Packers D in week 2 2012 and the packers shut down the bears and it burned me bad. At least you'll get something by hedging yourself.

I'm playing the Vikings d vs the giants

33 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I think Dez had an MRI and is a maybe for this weekend. Cobb is on bye so I'm with Marshall or Fuller over Dez. Also would go Murray or Michael over Howard.

Yeah, I'm thinking Fuller for this weekend over Dez if Dez cannot go.

I also have the Vikings defense vs. NYG. 

In one of my leagues I have to stay within the salary cap, and I need one more wide receiver. I'm thinking:

Terrelle Pryor vs.Washington (He had a great game last week) or

Macklin vs. Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh's defense is suspect, so this might be a good match up.  Thoughts on who I should have? Both are app. the same value.

20 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I also have the Vikings defense vs. NYG. 

In one of my leagues I have to stay within the salary cap, and I need one more wide receiver. I'm thinking:

Terrelle Pryor vs.Washington (He had a great game last week) or

Macklin vs. Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh's defense is suspect, so this might be a good match up.  Thoughts on who I should have? Both are app. the same value.

Even when the match up is juicy, Maclin tends to disappoint, very hard to trust him especially when Mr.Dink and Dunk Alex Smith doesn't drive the ball farther than 20 yards often. Terrelle Pryor seems to be the better option.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, I'm thinking Fuller for this weekend over Dez if Dez cannot go.

it looks like Dez missed his MRI, and missed meetings both tuesday and yesterday, the cowboys are basically trying to sugarcoat it that he's afraid of bad news. he's basically being a baby and not wanting to find out that he's injured because he doesn't want to miss time because he has the emotional capacity of a 9 year old. Fuller will be a good replacement this week

Tajae Sharpe vs Houston or Michael Thomas vs SD this week? I think Snead will be back so looks like Sharpe is the WR1 for his team and Thomas is the WR3 for his. I actually have a claim in for Dorsett (stupidly dropped him yesterday for Thomas then had a change of heart) so if I get him back should I play Dorsett or Sharpe?

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I need a flex

Dwayne Washington

Sanu

Asiata

T Austin

12 team league with 7 bench spots.   Literally nothing to be had on waiver

I don't like Asiata simply bc the Giants have a pretty stout D line themselves and he splits carries w McKinnon. Matt Ryan is the NFC player of the month so could be worth rolling with Sanu. I think the most safest bet and potential for points is definitely Austin. I know Washington is being pretty hyped right now but he still hasn't done much yet as it's still Riddick's role right now. I'd roll with Austin because he has been trending upward and scored the most points of all so far and Sanu only had one good game in week 1. Sucks that the Falcons scored almost 50 points and Sanu and Jones got combined like 7 points last week. I vote Austin

Just now, bababooey said:

I don't like Asiata simply bc the Giants have a pretty stout D line themselves. Matt Ryan is the NFC player of the month so could be worth rolling with Sanu. I think the most safest bet and potential for points is definitely Austin. I know Washington is being pretty hyped right now but he still hasn't done much yet as it's still Riddick's role right now. I'd roll with Austin because he has been trending upward and Sanu only had one good game in week 1. Sucks that the Falcons scored almost 50 points and Sanu and Jones got combined like 7 points last week. I vote Austin

They have him listed as questionable.  I haven't taken the time to look into his injury.   They have sanu as questionable as well

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

They have him listed as questionable.  I haven't taken the time to look into his injury.   They have sanu as questionable as well

Rotoworld has both of them non-serious and are both WR4s this week, so PPR definitely flex worthy. Def play Austin for now and if worse comes to worse and he's scratched as a game time decision (afternoon game for him this week) swap him out for Asiata (Monday night game).

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

I need a flex

Dwayne Washington

Sanu

Asiata

T Austin

12 team league with 7 bench spots.   Literally nothing to be had on waiver

I'd lean towards Dwayne Washington given that he will get the between-the-tackles load while Riddick gets passing targets. Because it is the Bears, I feel the Lions will get to a lead and play with a lead, which would mean more runs for the Lions, that is my logic. But then, the Rams could also be playing from behind making Tavon Austin a good play as well. It has to be between those 2.

27 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

I'm trading Denver D/ST and Lamar Miller for Ezekiel Elliot and Phillip Dorsett. I am rolling with the Vikings D/ST for the rest of the year and I feel I'm just upgrading Lamar Miller for a small price. What do you think?

If you have two top D's it's a luxury to have but it's definitely an upgrade to get Elliot (less mileage, more carries, better blocking) and also take a guy who is a great flex option with Moncrief gone. Plus with Watt out the Houston D may suffer and the O may not be on the field as long or will be throwing to catch up (like the Colts in 2015). You basically turned one bench player into a better starter and an extra flex. Great job

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

This is the 3rd week in a row somebody scored 30+ on TNF. Forte, Blount, Green, let's hope when it's our game that it's Hilton or Dorsett

Yes, I have Blount and Forte,  two of the reasons I've done well so far haha   However, AJ is killing my team so far this week.

Gurley, Latavius Murray, Jordan Howard, Matt Jones, Christine Michael

Pick 3

Im going Gurley, Howard and Jones (vs Cleveland). Mainly because road match ups vs Ravens and Jets will be tougher for Murray and Michael.

My WRs are TY, Benjamin and Maclin and I'm playing TY and Benjamin.

Maclin has not done much but my FLEX is where I'm undecided - Maclin, Murray, Michael, Jones to choose from.

Thoughts???

On 9/28/2016 at 9:47 AM, SilentHill said:

Pick 1:

Eric Decker VS SEA

Allen Hurns VS IND
Markus Wheaton VS KC

I also have these guys, but i'm not even considering it, lol:

Victor Cruz @ MIN

Tajae Sharpe @ HOU

Decker is out. Hurns burned us last year when Vontae was on Robinson so go with him 

10 hours ago, teganslaw said:

I'm kind of surprised that Le'Veon Bell hasn't been mentioned yet. I have him on a couple of my lineups this week, and even if he starts off slow, I think that he'll gain productivity as the season continues. Still staying with Minnesota defense.

Bell is playing the Chiefs.

21 hours ago, chad72 said:

Gurley, Latavius Murray, Jordan Howard, Matt Jones, Christine Michael

Pick 3

Im going Gurley, Howard and Jones (vs Cleveland). Mainly because road match ups vs Ravens and Jets will be tougher for Murray and Michael.

My WRs are TY, Benjamin and Maclin and I'm playing TY and Benjamin.

Maclin has not done much but my FLEX is where I'm undecided - Maclin, Murray, Michael, Jones to choose from.

Thoughts???

Bump :)

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Bump :)

I would avoid Murray. His carries have diminished because he is in a time share with two others but non owners wouldn't realize that because he's scored every week. At this point he's become too touchdown dependent to rely on.

53 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I would avoid Murray. His carries have diminished because he is in a time share with two others but non owners wouldn't realize that because he's scored every week. At this point he's become too touchdown dependent to rely on.

In the scenario above, would I be fine with Matt Jones vs Cleveland or would you rather me play Christine Michael or Jeremy Maclin for the Flex?

On 9/29/2016 at 9:46 AM, chad72 said:

My first instinct suggests Marvin Jones and Kelvin Benjamin. It was his first no-catch of his career. I doubt it happens again. Falcons have given TD passes to Mike Evans, Crabtree, Andre Holmes, and Michael Thomas, so it is not like they're rock solid vs wide outs, I am playing Benjamin in every league that I have him.

Riddick, because they won't be playing a shootout vs the Bears, IMO, might have less value with more between the tackles RBs used in an RBC. Riddick cannot punch it in between the tackles as much as the damage he can do in space.

Hence my suggestion of Marvin Jones and Kelvin Benjamin. Good luck!!! :)

well I wasnt completely wrong about kelvin. he only had 30+ yards. its the TD that saved him. cooper didnt produce either course jones and riddick werent any better

45 minutes ago, CR91 said:

well I wasnt completely wrong about kelvin. he only had 30+ yards. its the TD that saved him. cooper didnt produce either course jones and riddick werent any better

Marvin Jones and Kelvin Benjamin at least had a history of being red zone targets coming in. If I had to bet they'd hit the end zone over Cooper, it would be based on recent history, that is why I played Benjamin.

Ultimately, you have to get lucky in FF. Last year, Stefon Diggs went for 8 catches and 87 yards vs the Broncos' passing D with Bridgewater, then came the bye week and I picked him up during the bye week. But I waited before playing him, so he went off again for 2 weeks before having sub-par numbers for 2 weeks and fading but by waiting, I got only 1 good week out of him. This time, I got Steve Smith Sr. on waivers following a 8 catch 87 yards performance vs the Jaguars. I learned my lesson and did not waver and put him in the line up. My opponent had Luck who had a TD to Dorsett on a blown coverage who had not caught much till then. It was only poetic justice that my QB, Flacco threw to Steve Smith Sr. :) and I felt a lot of redemption, not just for putting him in the line up but for applying a lesson I learnt from last year. If I strongly felt about a waiver pick up, I should play him right away. Luck smiled upon me this time, I will take it when I get it.

59 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Marvin Jones and Kelvin Benjamin at least had a history of being red zone targets coming in. If I had to bet they'd hit the end zone over Cooper, it would be based on recent history, that is why I played Benjamin.

Ultimately, you have to get lucky in FF. Last year, Stefon Diggs went for 8 catches and 87 yards vs the Broncos' passing D with Bridgewater, then came the bye week and I picked him up during the bye week. But I waited before playing him, so he went off again for 2 weeks before having sub-par numbers for 2 weeks and fading but by waiting, I got only 1 good week out of him. This time, I got Steve Smith Sr. on waivers following a 8 catch 87 yards performance vs the Jaguars. I learned my lesson and did not waver and put him in the line up. My opponent had Luck who had a TD to Dorsett on a blown coverage who had not caught much till then. It was only poetic justice that my QB, Flacco threw to Steve Smith Sr. :) and I felt a lot of redemption, not just for putting him in the line up but for applying a lesson I learnt from last year. If I strongly felt about a waiver pick up, I should play him right away. Luck smiled upon me this time, I will take it when I get it.

well I havent lost yet. I still have the vikings d and rudolph, but he has sterling shepard and the giants kicker. Im hoping eli's bad history vs the vikings continues tonight

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Thanks. I played Matt Jones over Maclin and Christine Michael, turned out to be the right call. :)

I am currently up by like 15 with blair walsh against a guy who is 0-3 with sterling shepard and kyle rudolph. Stafford, Snead, Riddick all had single digits, Jordy on bye, and Evans and David Johnson were just ok. Praying to make it to 4-0

In my other league I was 2-1 going against the top dog AND I lost Rodgers and Cobb for the week due to bye. Ended up picking up Bortles and Dorsett plus with Gore I had 60+ points before 1pm, then Julio Jones happened and it was a wrap. About to trade Forte and Cooks for Jordy but my problem is I don't have any other RBs beside Gore, Riddick, and Ivory, and I also have Cobb.

14 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I am currently up by like 15 with blair walsh against a guy who is 0-3 with sterling shepard and kyle rudolph. Stafford, Snead, Riddick all had single digits, Jordy on bye, and Evans and David Johnson were just ok. Praying to make it to 4-0

In my other league I was 2-1 going against the top dog AND I lost Rodgers and Cobb for the week due to bye. Ended up picking up Bortles and Dorsett plus with Gore I had 60+ points before 1pm, then Julio Jones happened and it was a wrap. About to trade Forte and Cooks for Jordy but my problem is I don't have any other RBs beside Gore, Riddick, and Ivory, and I also have Cobb.

I think you got it, unless Rudolph snags 2 TDs which would be rare against NYG that has not given up a TD to a TE.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I think you got it, unless Rudolph snags 2 TDs which would be rare against NYG that has not given up a TD to a TE.

I am hoping for a mostly defensive matchup as Minnesota is a top D and Giants look to be the most improved D, Blair walsh scored like 25 points against the giants last year with 5 FGs and 5 XPs, would like that again very much.

17 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I am hoping for a mostly defensive matchup as Minnesota is a top D and Giants look to be the most improved D, Blair walsh scored like 25 points against the giants last year with 5 FGs and 5 XPs, would like that again very much.

At some point, a team is going to put up 20 points on the Vikings but that would have to happen with a pass rush and a possible turnover by the Vikings offense. I have a feeling it would be a closer game than people expect. Eli always goes the opposite way of what people expect from him because he is unpredictable. He will give you the bad Eli and good Eli tonight, I feel, it won't be all bad.

Vikings 24 Giants 17