Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Le'Veon Bell facing 4 game suspension

RockThatBlue

Their first 4 games are pretty tough too. I know they have the Bengals and Chiefs in those 4. They could very well start 2-2 or 1-3 without him which could cost them HFA in the long run or even the Division. I had them winning the Conference but stuff like this is why predictions and picks should be made the weekend of opening day. I may change my mind now on who wins the Conference.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Their first 4 games are pretty tough too. I know they have the Bengals and Chiefs in those 4. They could very well start 2-2 or 1-3 without him which could cost them HFA in the long run or even the Division. I had them winning the Conference but stuff like this is why predictions and picks should be made the weekend of opening day. I may change my mind now on who wins the Conference.

I am not too sure about that. They did pretty good last season with DeAngelo Williams. He had 907 yards and 11 TDs in 10 games. He is 33 so I don't know if age will slow him down or not. As far as the division I think Cincy will still win that one. But as you say not having Bell could hurt their chances of staying even with Cincy the first 4 games.

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

He has the talent to be the best RB in the league, but he can't stay available for his team.  You can't be the best if you're not allowed to play.  Million dollar talent, ten cent head

THIS    .... is why teams want to know what type of player they have regarding the Substance abuse policy {which is not going away people, not for many years}.  Skipping/missing a drug test in the eyes of the NFL is tantamount to failing the drug test outright. Maybe worse because it could be hiding something bigger? (PED's?)  Thus the auto suspension.  There's really nothing to win on appeal, the player must always keep league updated on their whereabouts/location at all times in the offseason and be avaialble for a drug test. Now his team may lose HFA, or even miss P.O. altogether now?  Because a guy on the team is not responsible enough to rehab well and stay clear and clean of MJ and the like.  Maybe it's more than MJ... thus his not being available for a test at all.  He did have an MCL and PCL he is recovering from, but it is easier to find snippets of his Rap career than rehab progress.  This is his big year to produce and get the "Huge" second contract.  He's not approaching it very well, from what is out there. And his team may suffer as much as he does.

48 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

THIS    .... is why teams want to know what type of player they have regarding the Substance abuse policy {which is not going away people, not for many years}.  Skipping/missing a drug test in the eyes of the NFL is tantamount to failing the drug test outright. Maybe worse because it could be hiding something bigger? (PED's?)  Thus the auto suspension.  There's really nothing to win on appeal, the player must always keep league updated on their whereabouts/location at all times in the offseason and be avaialble for a drug test. Now his team may lose HFA, or even miss P.O. altogether now?  Because a guy on the team is not responsible enough to rehab well and stay clear and clean of MJ and the like.  Maybe it's more than MJ... thus his not being available for a test at all.  He did have an MCL and PCL he is recovering from, but it is easier to find snippets of his Rap career than rehab progress.  This is his big year to produce and get the "Huge" second contract.  He's not approaching it very well, from what is out there. And his team may suffer as much as he does.

When I originally read the story, I wondered if Bell could appeal using the excuse that he was on vacation somewhere. From what you wrote, I guess not. It's unfortunate -- he could be a very productive player if he showed better judgment and made smarter decisions.

38 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

When I originally read the story, I wondered if Bell could appeal using the excuse that he was on vacation somewhere. From what you wrote, I guess not. It's unfortunate -- he could be a very productive player if he showed better judgment and made smarter decisions.

Indeed.  I'll put up a few snippets from the NFL/NFLPA handbook on the Substance Abuse Policy.  These are relevant as Bell was suspended 2 games last year for MJ possession and DUI, and thus he's officially in the Intervention Program--

DrugTest_PreSeason_zpsoe8p18ae.jpg

DrugTest_Away_zpsv6620ebe.jpg

DrugTest_Timeframe_zpsmskqudqz.jpg

DrugTest_MissedAppt_zps4mf5d13n.jpg

So they get tested once in the off season, and never during the season... IF, a big if... you have never tested positive or been placed in the NFL Drug Intervention Program.  It's so easy to NOT get caught it isn't even funny.  But get busted with it, or test positive, then you are now in the program and can be tested multiple times anytime of the year for it.  This is why I have little sympathy for those who do get caught.  Tons of smarter Vets know how to 'play the game' and get to do what they want without repercussions...  Most_Of_The_Time.  They pass their one time off season test and Voila... home free until next year.  These are the only substances tested for in the off season (all year for Drug Intervention players)

DrugTest_NFL_zpspk94rkai.jpg

This was to be a huge payday year for Bell too.  Now, between this and the MCL/PCL rehab mystery, I have no idea what his future holds.

Oh he missed "Many" tests!  LOL and SMH...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/23/report-leveon-bell-missed-several-drug-tests/

15 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Indeed.  I'll put up a few snippets from the NFL/NFLPA handbook on the Substance Abuse Policy.  These are relevant as Bell was suspended 2 games last year for MJ possession and DUI, and thus he's officially in the Intervention Program--

DrugTest_PreSeason_zpsoe8p18ae.jpg

DrugTest_Away_zpsv6620ebe.jpg

DrugTest_Timeframe_zpsmskqudqz.jpg

DrugTest_MissedAppt_zps4mf5d13n.jpg

So they get tested once in the off season, and never during the season... IF, a big if... you have never tested positive or been placed in the NFL Drug Intervention Program.  It's so easy to NOT get caught it isn't even funny.  But get busted with it, or test positive, then you are now in the program and can be tested multiple times anytime of the year for it.  This is why I have little sympathy for those who do get caught.  Tons of smarter Vets know how to 'play the game' and get to do what they want without repercussions...  Most_Of_The_Time.  They pass their one time off season test and Voila... home free until next year.  These are the only substances tested for in the off season (all year for Drug Intervention players)

DrugTest_NFL_zpspk94rkai.jpg

This was to be a huge payday year for Bell too.  Now, between this and the MCL/PCL rehab mystery, I have no idea what his future holds.

Oh he missed "Many" tests!  LOL and SMH...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/23/report-leveon-bell-missed-several-drug-tests/

Thanks again for sharing. It is always appreciated.

So Bell missed more than one? That's a shame. And here I am telling my fellow Vikings fans that I would take Bell over Peterson, as he can catch passes out of the backfield. haha (Most agreed with me too.)

Now Peterson said he did "a little weed". I assume he never tested positive because I don't believe he is in that program.