Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

our draft order

OT La'el Collins would be my #1 choice. He could start as RG, then move to RT after the 2015 season. After him, I'd also like Vic Beasley, Denzell Perryman, and Jaelen Strong as round 1 options.

Round 2 options would include OT Spencer Drango, OT Ereck Flowers, S Anthony Harris, OLB Lorenzo Mauldin

Vic Beasley, Gerod Holliman, Danny Shelton, Eddie Goldman, Denzel Perryman, Landon Collins, Dorial Green Beckham. I want Green Beckham bad BTW, we may be able to get him in the 2nd. I wouldn't mind Cody Prewitt in the 2nd round either. I'm kind of hoping for Josh Shaw in the 4th or 5th, I think he can be a solid corner.

Going O-line in the 1st and 2nd wouldn't be a bad idea, as long as the talent is there. Imagine Luck consistently getting 3-5 secs. in the pocket, or wide open lanes for our RBs to run through.

I think our most critical need is protecting Luck. Overall, I prefer a defensive heavy draft but agree with drafting two beasts up front, even if it's early.

La'el Collins is a lockdown tackle. Really strong, once he gets you, you're done. He also likes to finish you to the ground in the run game, and he's athletic enough to get to the second level and run block. I could see him playing guard for a year and then moving to RT.

The problem with him is he has balance issues, he doesn't use his hands well in pass protection prior to engaging, sometimes keeping them too low and getting beat by rushers who can swat his hands away, and he gets eaten up by speed rushers. Very strong, very talented, but has a lot of need for refinement.

I'm ok with a top pick to the O-line.  But we have to go defense everywhere else.  

Honestly I think we should just sign someone to be our #3 receiver or something.  But defense defense defense is what we need.  Especially along the front 7 where we lack a star outside of maybe Mathis . . . and there is no telling how well he comes back from injury.

We could use safety too but it would be really nice to get a star player on the front 7.