Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton cant play in the cold?

oldunclemark

Thanks Barry for the added information. I guess I need to start reading the Denver Post. :thmup:

,if u want 

DENVER POST

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/

Mile High Report  sister publication of Colts stampede blue

http://www.milehighreport.com/

Bronco Website ,

I like Colts better , but I have seen some really bad team sites checking out who colts play team sites

http://www.denverbroncos.com/

Technically, Peyton has never won a playoff game in weather 40 degrees and colder (0-3), so yeah, it's somewhat true.

It's supposed to be 20 degrees for the game on Saturday, so we'll see what happens. Moreno will get a lot of handoffs, I think, and Peyton will be great with those timing throws to the sidelines.

I have some more respect for Manning now that he's actually a man and has to play in a real football climate.  People loved to pretend that him playing 9+ games a year in a Dome didn't affect his stats, etc when he was in Indy.  The weather does affect your stats, sometimes you play in wind, sometimes you play in icy snow, sometimes you play in 110 degree heat...  Unless of course you're in a dome.

Now hes a real quarterback, playing real football in real elements, the way football was meant to be played!  Good for Manning, I can finally stop picking on him for being a dome baby.

Now hes a real quarterback, playing real football in real elements, the way football was meant to be played!  Good for Manning, I can finally stop picking on him for being a dome baby.

Don't worry, you will find something else to pick on him for!!! ;)

So you are saying that the Ravens will beat Denver...nevermore, right?  (Couldn't resist that.)

Your response did make me chuckle & it was clever. haha But, no let's just say Ray Lewis has down his last Squirrel Dance & Peyton Manning needs a new Davy Crockett hat okay. 

Gry-Squirrel-Hat-2.jpg

ray_lewis.jpg

Technically, Peyton has never won a playoff game in weather 40 degrees and colder (0-3), so yeah, it's somewhat true.

It's supposed to be 20 degrees for the game on Saturday, so we'll see what happens. Moreno will get a lot of handoffs, I think, and Peyton will be great with those timing throws to the sidelines.

As long as #18 isn't facing Ty Law anymore VL, temperatures do not concern me in the slightest. Looking forward to the chess match next week with NE myself...The best 2 teams in the AFC colliding for a chance at the SB as it should be...To quote NY Jets LB  Bart Scott "I can't wait!" 

As long as #18 isn't facing Ty Law anymore VL, temperatures do not concern me in the slightest. Looking forward to the chess match next week with NE myself...The best 2 teams in the AFC colliding for a chance at the SB as it should be...To quote NY Jets LB  Bart Scott "I can't wait!" 

Yeah, there is always that gut feeling that much anticipated matchups do not happen as frequently in the playoffs!!!

I am hoping this one does. To be the best, you got to beat the best.

One of those losses was when Peyton and Co. were smoked by the Jets, so it wasn't just a Patriots' situation.

I would look for how much wind there is. Cold and windy is far > than just cold.They are calling for winds around 8MPH (last I looked) , so should be no big deal that PM has lost arm strength and never threw a tight spiral.

Yeah, there is always that gut feeling that much anticipated matchups do not happen as frequently in the playoffs!!!

I am hoping this one does. To be the best, you got to beat the best.

One of those losses was when Peyton and Co. were smoked by the Jets, so it wasn't just a Patriots' situation.

While it true gentlemen that I do not possess a crystal ball & anything can certainly happen, the last time I checked the Jets aren't in the Playoffs this year & Peyton is on a mission this year to quiet all the naysayers. #18 is wearing a special glove to counteract cold, nerve finger sensitivity & he will pull a Michael Jackson & "Moonwalk" his way to the Championship Game in 2013. 

Yes, it is a hint of poetic license on my part I will admit. Denver is not the same squad & neither is NE. I have mad respect for both franchises & these 2 teams are destined to go head to head next week. Baltimore is done. Whatever happens next week, either the Broncos or the Patriots will win the SB. Colin Kaepernick & Russel Wilson's youth in Playoff games troubles me. Either Manning or Brady are hoisting the Lombardi trophy this calendar year. 

While it true gentlemen that I do not possess a crystal ball & anything can certainly happen, the last time I checked the Jets aren't in the Playoffs this year & Peyton is on a mission this year to quiet all the naysayers. #18 is wearing a special glove to counteract cold, nerve finger sensitivity & he will pull a Michael Jackson & "Moonwalk" his way to the Championship Game in 2013. 

Yes, it is a hint of poetic license on my part I will admit. Denver is not the same squad & neither is NE. I have mad respect for both franchises & these 2 teams are destined to go head to head next week. Baltimore is done. Whatever happens next week, either the Broncos or the Patriots will win the SB. Colin Kaepernick & Russel Wilson's youth in Playoff games troubles me. Either Manning or Brady are hoisting the Lombardi trophy this calendar year. 

Im gonna have to agree on this Brother,I realy like Seattle but the wisdom and and experience will prevail,AFC wins this hands down

The only exception is Aaron Rodgers and the Packers, I would give them the edge over the Broncos or Pats. Just my opinion though.

Im gonna have to agree on this Brother,I realy like Seattle but the wisdom and and experience will prevail,AFC wins this hands down

Yup, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that Seattle does scare me a little bit. That defense with those corners is solid & QB Wilson is smart with the ball & he avoids costly hits. I fear Seattle more than I do San Francisco & no I am not heavily medicated or intoxicated either brother.  :thmup:

The only exception is Aaron Rodgers and the Packers, I would give them the edge over the Broncos or Pats. Just my opinion though.

I can respect that GB choice Chad. The Packers are getting healthy at the right time. Can that line give Rogers decent protection though all game long down the stretch? That's my only concern there.

What does Jules think? I'm curious...

Im gonna weigh in on this one IMO ,GB doesnt have the D to stop either the Broncos or Patriots,and i can tell you right now Denvers D is for real !

No argument there Jay. Nobody & I mean nobody has slowed down Broncos LB Von Miller & DE Derek Wolfe this year...They just keep collapsing pockets baby.  :rawr:

No argument there Jay. Nobody & I mean nobody has slowed down Broncos LB Von Miller & DE Derek Wolfe this year...They just keep collapsing pockets baby.  :rawr:

Yes they do,this is just a very very good,all around team right now,with home field it will be a very big hill to climb for any team to beat them,and i do mean any team,allthough i do believe the best 2 are in the AFC,If Seattle were more experienced i might like they"re chances much better

Look, I can admit it when I was wrong & initially I thought it would take Peyton & the Broncos 1 more season to click & fire on all cylinders & even though I have profound respect for NE, I am rooting 100% for the Broncos to win the SB now. Only 1 trophy matters to me: Vince Lombardi. The Broncos might loose their OC after this year & the AFC West is changing with new HC's in Kansas City & San Diego. Jon Fox, John Elway, Jack Del Rio, Pat Bowlen, & #18 must close the deal from here on out. 

I am sick & tired of these short sighted fools with their cold weather weakness analogies, their he's not really clutch analogies, & Bob Sanders & Rex Grossman helped Peyton win in 2006 analogies...Shut them darn fools up once & for all...

Peyton Manning has a stout defense now, a solid line, & a kick caboose running game now...It's time to reek havoc, unleash Hades, & do some lethal damage now...To quote rocker Alice Cooper "No More Mr. Nice Guy."

"Not 1 step back!!!"

Brother I will be very suprised if he doesnt do just that! :thmup:

If Seattle were more experienced i might like they"re chances much better

I ran out of likes Jay...Grrr! It's so irritating! Here are 5 thumbs up for you... :thmup:  :thmup:  :thmup:  :thmup:  :thmup:

Peyton knows what needs to be done & he will deliver the goods because he isn't expected to do it all alone. He can still win without playing mistake free football this year. Denver's defense & secondary is really that good. 

Regarding Seattle, yup their inexperience is their only achilles heel...I secretly hope that the SB is Broncos vs Seattle...A Great SB that #18 would win in the last 45 seconds IMO. 

I can respect that GB choice Chad. The Packers are getting healthy at the right time. Can that line give Rogers decent protection though all game long down the stretch? That's my only concern there.

Pack's case is a case of defense getting healthy, plus their offense, if given a chance to play at Atlanta or even in the SB in NO, will do a great job because they play like an indoor team on offense.

Belive that was their very first playoff gamne & MORA ,, playoffs , plaayoffs , dont talk to me about playoffs was the coach

Packers have found a running game in little but elusive and surprisingly strong Harris I believe his name is, that has given offense a new dimension to utilize

What does Jules think? I'm curious...

About the Packers vs. the big two in the AFC?

Jules thinks the Packers need to get through this weekend first, which is going to be a war likely. Of course I don't know what to expect from Kaepernick (who ARE you?) and if Justin Smith is limited that could really hurt SF. Not to mention the kickers of both teams kinda suck all year.

But, I learned last year never to take it for granted with the Packers and I got cocky with them. Everyone last year who was a fan of the Pack seemed to think it was gonna be Saints vs. Packers in the end. Brees vs. Rodgers.I always said watch out for the 49ers and Jim Harbaugh. I always wanted and thought it might come down to GB and SF. I always had the feeling SF would go far.

And instead the Packers get the one and done boot and I didn't get my dream title game but I am getting it Saturday night.

This year I felt GB was in a golden spot to get back to the SB if they got the second seed, so I hope that final Vikes game did not doom them. Playing in SF is no freaking joke. I know Aaron Rodgers is Aaron Rodgers but if they expose his o line and that run game goes out the window and he is trying to win the game like Brees did last year with up to 60 pass attempts/no run game I don't like their chances. But, the Saints D did suck badly vs. SF and maybe the Packers D will man up on the road. This has been a better road playoff team then home playoff team under Rodgers if you go by their SB run.

BUT, if GB pulls this game off I think they might win the whole enchilada or at least get there. SB history would favor Rodgers too due to his age and status as a QB.

And with all due respect to Seattle and their heavy wagon I am not sure they would get by GB in GB after that mockery of a regular season game this year. The GB players were so mad they almost boycotted the NFL after that game. Besides, if RG3 didn't get hurt I almost think Seattle loses. I honestly really don't like this Seattle team either even though many seem to love them. On a personal level they have always rubbed me the wrong way for some reason.

It's a tough game for me Saturday night. I love Harbaugh and Rodgers. I am pulling for GB but if the 49ers win I will be fine with it too.

The wild card in all of this and chad would know more, is the NFC East pattern. :) If it is still alive it is alive with Baltimore and Atlanta who most are low on......since the NFC East winner is OUT. I don't know if the AFC West jinxes cancel each other out now for the remaining two who have played the NFC East or it all goes out the window now? Time will tell this weekend if the pattern is dead or alive.

Those 3 loses...    03, 04, and the Jet game in 02?

I would hardly ref any game a decade ago as any kind of trend.

Manning will be fine.

the weather is going to be an issue....daytime high in the high teens....

Little wind..but the coldest day of the year so far...

Yeah it is gonna be freezing. Which is why you need to get the troops to Denver and lead the cheers mark, "Brrr it's cold in here there must be some Broncos in the atmosphere."

:cheer2:  :cheer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0Xnmi8p1z4

Don't worry, you will find something else to pick on him for!!! ;)

hehe perhaps, but i love the fact that he plays outdoors out in Denver, thats legit weather. Really hope we see a Broncos vs Patriots AFCCG.. There are so many exciting matchups in this years playoffs, the Giants would have made it slightly more interesting but I can live with them missing the playoffs ;)

Those 3 loses...    03, 04, and the Jet game in 02?

I would hardly ref any game a decade ago as any kind of trend.

Manning will be fine.

....sure.  Make that 0 - 4 in temperatures below 40 degrees.  Though I don't think the weather was a factor...in the end, they were just out-played.  It was a great game!

Your response did make me chuckle & it was clever. haha But, no let's just say Ray Lewis has down his last Squirrel Dance & Peyton Manning needs a new Davy Crockett hat okay. 

Gry-Squirrel-Hat-2.jpg

ray_lewis.jpg

...good luck wit' dat!  It was a great game...but Ray's still got at least one more dance left in him.  We're saving that for after we get the Lombardi trophy! Go Ravens! Relentless!