Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ReMeDy

So who gets punished for the Miami-Seattle sprinkler system?

9 posts in this topic

http://www.nfl.com/v...go-off-in-Miami

If the NFL doesn't punish someone, you're going to get teams thinking they have a "get out of jail free" card to punish an opposing team's ground game.

How this happened in a game I will never know. This trumps the one time the fog machine went out of control during a basketball game. At least the fog doesn't make the ground slippery!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js2ekhS1hiI

That was so funny....the linemen got towels out and took a shower...classic stuff...great day

If teams intentionally destroy their field to handicap the opponent I think the removal of a draft pick is in order. Teams wouldn't dare to try it if this was the punishment.

All proceeds from the fines will go to Buffalo Wild Wings for making more "sprinkler" commercials. :)

1 person likes this

All proceeds from the fines will go to Buffalo Wild Wings for making more "sprinkler" commercials. :)

Funny you should mention that....

Because the Buffalo Wild Wings corporate office tweeted something along the lines of....

"Oops. Guess someone was really, really into that game and wanted it to go longer!"

Pretty darn funny! Corporate types aren't generally known for having a good sense of humor.... perhaps this was the exception to the rule....

LOL, Buffalo wild Wings...

Anyway, no big deal. Sun Life uses prescription athletic turf system. There is no muddy spots, drains itself quickly. Being Florida, it is likely a southern turf like St. Augustine or Floratam on a sand base (even natural soil in FL is very sandy and drains exceptionally quick too) over a system of irrigation and drainage pipes. You could have a typical Florida summer deluge of an inch or two per hour per hour (or tropical depressions/storms etc..) and it would be ready in short order. Colts won a Super Bowl in constant medium to heavy rain on that very field in February 2007, sloppy play because of wet, but neither was Thomas Jones nor our running game (Rhodes Addai) wasn't hampered that night. ;)

Non issue... a few moments from sprinklers...

https://news.uns.purdue.edu/html3month/1990-95/9111.Tally.AthleticTurf.html