Photo

So who gets punished for the Miami-Seattle sprinkler system?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 ReMeDy

ReMeDy
  • 2082 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

http://www.nfl.com/v...go-off-in-Miami

If the NFL doesn't punish someone, you're going to get teams thinking they have a "get out of jail free" card to punish an opposing team's ground game.

How this happened in a game I will never know. This trumps the one time the fog machine went out of control during a basketball game. At least the fog doesn't make the ground slippery!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js2ekhS1hiI

Posted Image

Charles "Chuck" Pagano ~ Master Defensive Tactician.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 17131 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

That was so funny....the linemen got towels out and took a shower...classic stuff...great day

#3 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6750 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

If teams intentionally destroy their field to handicap the opponent I think the removal of a draft pick is in order. Teams wouldn't dare to try it if this was the punishment.

#4 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6260 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

$50,000 fine for the lead grounds guy :highfive2:

#5 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 17131 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

..the water came on....Its Miami....big deal...

#6 chad72

chad72
  • 9282 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

All proceeds from the fines will go to Buffalo Wild Wings for making more "sprinkler" commercials. :)

#7 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 8211 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

All proceeds from the fines will go to Buffalo Wild Wings for making more "sprinkler" commercials. :)

Funny you should mention that....

Because the Buffalo Wild Wings corporate office tweeted something along the lines of....

"Oops. Guess someone was really, really into that game and wanted it to go longer!"

Pretty darn funny! Corporate types aren't generally known for having a good sense of humor.... perhaps this was the exception to the rule....

#8 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR but on to the PUP list

• Forum Moderator
  • 3260 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

LOL, Buffalo wild Wings...

Anyway, no big deal. Sun Life uses prescription athletic turf system. There is no muddy spots, drains itself quickly. Being Florida, it is likely a southern turf like St. Augustine or Floratam on a sand base (even natural soil in FL is very sandy and drains exceptionally quick too) over a system of irrigation and drainage pipes. You could have a typical Florida summer deluge of an inch or two per hour per hour (or tropical depressions/storms etc..) and it would be ready in short order. Colts won a Super Bowl in constant medium to heavy rain on that very field in February 2007, sloppy play because of wet, but neither was Thomas Jones nor our running game (Rhodes Addai) wasn't hampered that night. ;)

Non issue... a few moments from sprinklers...

https://news.uns.pur...hleticTurf.html
“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.” -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#9 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

Posted Image

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      30 Sep
    T Y Goodbye

I'm out of the hospital, FINALLY...this was the 4th time in the past 2 months..for status, please read my soon to be posted update in the Fantasy Football forum here...and thanks everyone, for the love, caring, thoughts and prayers...

Show comments (8)
  • Photo
      30 Sep
    Skelly

I thought I'd stop in to say I have nothing to say. Enjoy your day or night.

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      30 Sep
    Jules

I really want to see "Gone Girl". I read the book a while ago and it was excellent. The movie does not look too bad but I am sure it is a bit different then the book.

Show comments (11)
  • Photo
      30 Sep
    ruksak

I saw a sign that said "Watch for falling rocks". It seemed so negative. I think it should say "Watch for pretty rocks".

Show comments (3)
View All Updates