Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Broncos Playoffs?

rabidfan77

FACT #1: Peyton Manning built the "Indy" Colts and their stadium. I pull for him now and would pull for the Broncos against this years Colts. I want at least on more ring for him so when he and Tom Brady are old and grey the arguement well continue as to which one is king. #18 gave me and all Indy fans more joy and pride thant the entire current Colts organization combined.

FACT #2: The Colts are not going to the playoffs thjis year.

No not thjis year but this year

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize deeply Jason. I had no intention of saying you should leave the forum. And 100% you are right, fans of all teams/players are welcome here with open arms. In fact I am hoping more RG3 fans join so we can have more of those r

I love the fact that you have the nerve to chastise others when they post something you deem to be impolite but then you can come back with a post like this. Though i didnt expect anything different. You're right back to your preseason "you're not a real fan" form. Get over yourself.

You are not a Colts fan by your own admission because hoping your team loses a PLAY-OFF game to garner the stats and legacy of an ex-player tells me everything I need to know. And to insult the intelligence of every Indy fan by your idolisation of a false god was a joke. The funny thing is, I feel your wish may come true, and I don't mind, as long as it is not at the expense of 'our' team. Over myself already pal.

I find it absurd that even although we beat the Packers, who went 15-1 and had the NFL MVP behind centre only a few weeks ago, people think we could not beat the Broncos in a one off match in 10 weeks or so. I feel the Manning effect is kicking in again.

If we reached the play-offs, I suggest it would mean we have continued to grow, and that can only mean one thing. We could beat anyone in a sudden death game. Saying we would get destroyed is ridiculous.

I feel the same. Though right now I'd have to lean towards a Denver win, I don't believe in sure things. See

'69 Colts.

However, I believe much of this topic has morphed into 'if this game ever happened', and that's pretty much the angle of my responses.

Maybe they should. However before peyton or brady get another ring they should probably give phillip rivers a turn. That only seems fair. They should probably work out a rotating schedule for who will play in and win a sb to keep it fair for everybody.

Well that was fun. Unfortunately the patronizing, condescending attitude you took in the latter half of your post prevents me from knowing if the first half was serious or not.

What a wonderful idea Jason!!! I would love to see old Rivers get himself a trip to the Super Bowl!!! And also when Sean Payton comes back lets throw Brees in there too so he has a chance to grab another ring before his time is over!!!!! And lets not forget about Schaub. Seems fair to throw the Texans a title since he had to wait all this time for the division to belong to them!!!!

On a serious note. Yes I meant the first part. I never intended to say you or anyone else should leave. I like fans of any team and I like reading various opinions even if I disagree.

Peace. :hat:

Good point, simply made. But then again, Edge didn't put Indy on the map or single handedly build hospitals etc.

Man, and watching the hospital go up at the hands of that one man... As an architect, I've never seen anything like it... One man footing the bill, doing the design, and pounding all the nails... All while playing QB in the NFL.

Look, I adore Peyton too, but all he did was make a generous contribution, one that came with naming rights that conveniently help build his brand, and one ultimately funded by COLTS fans who paid for season tickets throughout his career... Like me. I paid for those tix every year because I follow the horseshoe, not a deified #18.

Looks something like this?

:cuss: :censored::Nuke::rawr::puke::hissy::flaming: :cuss: :catfight: :slapfight:

Actually I think that is pretty much how Bears/Packers fans are too before and after games.

haha:lol: Yeah, a little something like that. The Bears and Packers comparison sounds about right too. Oh what a great sport we have.

You are not a Colts fan by your own admission because hoping your team loses a PLAY-OFF game to garner the stats and legacy of an ex-player tells me everything I need to know. And to insult the intelligence of every Indy fan by your idolisation of a false god was a joke. The funny thing is, I feel your wish may come true, and I don't mind, as long as it is not at the expense of 'our' team. Over myself already pal.

Lol. Here we go again. Im not a colts fan because my priorities dont meet your standards. What a load of crap. I dont know who you think died and gave you the ultimate right to determine who is a fan and who is not. Havent there been numerous threads and posts by the mods specifically prohibiting another's fanhood? Nice to See you can follow the rules.

Believe it or not you are not the czar of the colts fan club so it is not your right to determine who can be in the club and who cannot. I am a colts fan but i am also a peyton fan and if forced to choose between the 2 in a specific game i would root for peyton. Not because i worship him or deify him. Thats just stupid. I do have a respect for him though because of the type of man he is and for what he's done for this team and city. If you cant understand that its not my problem. Youre not going to change my mind and your childish, patronizing replies say a lot more about you than they do me. ;)

Man, and watching the hospital go up at the hands of that one man... As an architect, I've never seen anything like it... One man footing the bill, doing the design, and pounding all the nails... All while playing QB in the NFL.

Look, I adore Peyton too, but all he did was make a generous contribution, one that came with naming rights that conveniently help build his brand, and one ultimately funded by COLTS fans who paid for season tickets throughout his career... Like me. I paid for those tix every year because I follow the horseshoe, not a deified #18.

The point is how many celebrities do that kind of thing with their money and how many spend it on cars, drugs, jewelry, dogfighting etc etc. I realize peyton is not the only one and i by no means deify the man. But he has gone above and beyond to help those who have needed it. For the contributions he has made both on and off the field i wish him nothing but success, even if that temporarily comes at the expense of my favorite team that will be around long after peyton is done.

I have no problem with people feeling differently about the matter. But others should show me the same respect and not have a problem with the way i feel. Making comments that i deify a man or saying im not a colts fan is just a petty way for someone to try to make them feel better about themselves. "Look at me, I'm a better fan than you." So, what you want s cookie? I must have missed the memo that being s fan became a competition. Guess i wont win the trophy. Shucks

The point is how many celebrities do that kind of thing with their money and how many spend it on cars, drugs, jewelry, dogfighting etc etc. I realize peyton is not the only one and i by no means deify the man. But he has gone above and beyond to help those who have needed it. For the contributions he has made both on and off the field i wish him nothing but success, even if that temporarily comes at the expense of my favorite team that will be around long after peyton is done.

I have no problem with people feeling differently about the matter. But others should show me the same respect and not have a problem with the way i feel. Making comments that i deify a man or saying im not a colts fan is just a petty way for someone to try to make them feel better about themselves. "Look at me, I'm a better fan than you." So, what you want s cookie? I must have missed the memo that being s fan became a competition. Guess i wont win the trophy. Shucks

"who single handedly put this city on the map". These are your words. And you wonder why some will offer you little respect?

Lol. Here we go again. Im not a colts fan because my priorities dont meet your standards. What a load of crap. I dont know who you think died and gave you the ultimate right to determine who is a fan and who is not. Havent there been numerous threads and posts by the mods specifically prohibiting another's fanhood? Nice to See you can follow the rules.

Believe it or not you are not the czar of the colts fan club so it is not your right to determine who can be in the club and who cannot. I am a colts fan but i am also a peyton fan and if forced to choose between the 2 in a specific game i would root for peyton. Not because i worship him or deify him. Thats just stupid. I do have a respect for him though because of the type of man he is and for what he's done for this team and city. If you cant understand that its not my problem. Youre not going to change my mind and your childish, patronizing replies say a lot more about you than they do me. ;)

It is only my opinion sir. I'm speaking for myself. Oh, and having arguments about sport on an internet forum is a pretty childish pastime when you break it down, so I'm way comfortable being branded a child.

Czar of (Brave)Hearts, a catchy tune indeed.

"who single handedly put this city on the map". These are your words. And you wonder why some will offer you little respect?

Well the same colts team that was winning conference championships and getting into the playoffs every year with peyton struggled to eek out only 2 wins without him. Just sayin

And your posts in this thread have gone far beyond just stating your opinion. Claiming i deify peyton, that i consider him the second coming of christ. Saying im not a colts fan because my priorities dont meet your expectations. Claiming that im somehow insulting the intelligence of other colts fans, which i still dont get where you got that from but dont really care. It is possible, believe it or not, to express a differing opinion without being a patronizing, condescending *. Again, just sayin ;)

This thread was a discussion (kinds the point of the forum) before you, jules and a few others decided to turn it into "well if you dont agree with us then you cant play in our yard anymore" which is exactly what you guys did in all of the similar discussions towards the end of last season and in the offseason. We couldnt just have a civil discussion because you couldnt just express an opinion, instead you insisted, and still do, on turning it into some kind of "who is the better fan" argument.

I must be some sort of psychic cuz somehow I knew this thread would go extremely smoothly, and with no crap talk between my fellow Colts/Peyton fans. If someone would root for Peyton over the Colts, that should be fine. No need to question someone's character over their football allegiance. Not everyone sees this game the same. I agree with what Jason said about not rooting for a picture on the side of a helmet, but rooting for a franchise that you've grown to love. If all of a sudden that franchise isn't what it once was, and it turns into Mike Vick/Gregg Williams/etc, I would not begrudge anyone the right to cast aside such a franchise....I would too. I root for people, not colors. One thing about our Colts and Mr. Irsay, they transcend all class. Irsay will not allow this franchise to turn into the Bengals, so I have a team for the foreseeable future.

Personally, I have no idea how I'll feel when the inevitable Colts/Broncos game takes place. If I'm less of a Colts fan then so be it. This year, at least for the regular season, I can comfortably root for both the Colts and Broncos. In fact, Denver winning out would help our Colts team this year in playoff seeding...they give some losses out to our competition.

Can't we all just get along?

Um im not insinuating it, im saying it very clearly. Football is just a game.

Clearly I could go on and on about how religion is a sham and how politics is an even bigger "game" than football, but I know that will end with us both being banned for a substantial amount of time.

That being said, You are going to catch a lot of flack around here. I just want to point out that this is the Indianapolis Colts forum, and not the Peyton Manning forum. Expect to be jabbed when you say your going to root against the Colts when we play Manning. It's really no different than going on the Patriots forum and telling them you'll be rooting for Manning when they play Denver.

I must be some sort of psychic cuz somehow I knew this thread would go extremely smoothly, and with no crap talk between my fellow Colts/Peyton fans. If someone would root for Peyton over the Colts, that should be fine. No need to question someone's character over their football allegiance. Not everyone sees this game the same. I agree with what Jason said about not rooting for a picture on the side of a helmet, but rooting for a franchise that you've grown to love. If all of a sudden that franchise isn't what it once was, and it turns into Mike Vick/Gregg Williams/etc, I would not begrudge anyone the right to cast aside such a franchise....I would too. I root for people, not colors. One thing about our Colts and Mr. Irsay, they transcend all class. Irsay will not allow this franchise to turn into the Bengals, so I have a team for the foreseeable future.

Personally, I have no idea how I'll feel when the inevitable Colts/Broncos game takes place. If I'm less of a Colts fan then so be it. This year, at least for the regular season, I can comfortably root for both the Colts and Broncos. In fact, Denver winning out would help our Colts team this year in playoff seeding...they give some losses out to our competition.

Can't we all just get along?

Wouldn't that be nice...??? Unfortunately too much " do as I say, NOT as I do" going on around here. I personally don't worry too much about what anyone else says and does. As my "status" states today, Say what you mean, and Mean what you say, just don't be Mean when you say it. Wouldn't that be nice if everyone would adhere to that.

Clearly I could go on and on about how religion is a sham and how politics is an even bigger "game" than football, but I know that will end with us both being banned for a substantial amount of time.

That being said, You are going to catch a lot of flack around here. I just want to point out that this is the Indianapolis Colts forum, and not the Peyton Manning forum. Expect to be jabbed when you say your going to root against the Colts when we play Manning. It's really no different than going on the Patriots forum and telling them you'll be rooting for Manning when they play Denver.

Well i actually agree with you on both the religion and politics comment.

And yes it is different than the patriots analogy. Peyton was not a member of the patriots and the new england community for over a decade like he was here. I have no problem with people disagreeing with me but many of the accompanying comments are simply uncalled for. Not that i was surprised mind you, i knew as soon as i posted that it was only a matter of time before a select few went on the attack.

And yes i realize this is the colts forum. Thats why i come here, to talk about the colts. I dont litter every thread talking about manning. I only talk about him here when he is brought into the discussion. He was brought into this discussion by the op and i answered honesty.

Re-read my post, FJ. I may be inclined to knock on your assertion that PM is solely responsible for building the franchise in Indy, or building a hospital in town, but I have no issue with who you root for, how you do so, or why.

Yes, PM's sustained success in Indy paralleled a significant growth in the fan base. Yes, he deserves some credit for it, but so does Dungy, and so does Polian. None of these guys would have had a chance to be here or set new standards here under Bob Irsay, so JI gets a lot of the credit too. And this city had no clue what winning NFL football was until Harbaugh showed them.

I admire Manning, and am forever grateful for what he accomplished for the horseshoe. But just like you want to be afforded the right to be whatever kind of fan you wish to be, I'd certainly appreciate the opportunity to move on and appreciate this new version of the Colts without people bludgeoning everyone with descriptions of past players as more than they were.

Golly gee shucks... I guess I didn't live thru the last 14 years with the clarity of vision that you did, tho.

Well i actually agree with you on both the religion and politics comment.

And yes it is different than the patriots analogy. Peyton was not a member of the patriots and the new england community for over a decade like he was here. I have no problem with people disagreeing with me but many of the accompanying comments are simply uncalled for. Not that i was surprised mind you, i knew as soon as i posted that it was only a matter of time before a select few went on the attack.

And yes i realize this is the colts forum. Thats why i come here, to talk about the colts. I dont litter every thread talking about manning. I only talk about him here when he is brought into the discussion. He was brought into this discussion by the op and i answered honesty.

Football is a "What have you done for me lately" Sport, like it or not. I live in NY, and I see it all the time. I was at the Jets Colts game when the Colts got blown out, and when the Jets went 3 and out on the first drive, they were calling for Greene to be benched, Tebow to be QB, and for the entire offense to be crucified. When they started winning, they were praising Sanchez, praising Greene, and were generally happy about the team. It's just something you have to come to terms with, that some of us, and yes I am included in this. Don't give a darn about Peyton Manning. For me the Patriots analogy is spot on. I could care less if he retired tomorrow, or of the Broncos went 16-0 or 0-16. All I care about is my franchise and my team. The Indianapolis Colts.

Re-read my post, FJ. I may be inclined to knock on your assertion that PM is solely responsible for building the franchise in Indy, or building a hospital in town, but I have no issue with who you root for, how you do so, or why.

Yes, PM's sustained success in Indy paralleled a significant growth in the fan base. Yes, he deserves some credit for it, but so does Dungy, and so does Polian. None of these guys would have had a chance to be here or set new standards here under Bob Irsay, so JI gets a lot of the credit too. And this city had no clue what winning NFL football was until Harbaugh showed them.

I admire Manning, and am forever grateful for what he accomplished for the horseshoe. But just like you want to be afforded the right to be whatever kind of fan you wish to be, I'd certainly appreciate the opportunity to move on and appreciate this new version of the Colts without people bludgeoning everyone with descriptions of past players as more than they were.

Golly gee shucks... I guess I didn't live thru the last 14 years with the clarity of vision that you did, tho.

If you read the subject and still clicked the link o open the thread then you only have yourself to blame for being "bludgeoned".

Second, i did not bludgeon anyone with anything. I answered the question and gave explanation for why i feel the way i do. Yes, irsay and polian deserve some credit too but honestly, where would they be now if theyd have drafted Leaf? This franchise would have been in the cellar for the last decade. Peyton could have been drafted by indy, sd etc but that wouldnt have changed the level of talent he has or the type of man he is. The point is the colts franchise needed him far more than he needed them. As for dungy, personally i think he and his defense hindered more than helped the team but thats another topic entirely.

As i said in a previous post, i dont go into every thread talking about the great peyton manning. I have moved on from the divorce and am enjoying the new era of colts. However in this case, the question was asked and i answered it. Simple as that.

Football is a "What have you done for me lately" Sport, like it or not. I live in NY, and I see it all the time. I was at the Jets Colts game when the Colts got blown out, and when the Jets went 3 and out on the first drive, they were calling for Greene to be benched, Tebow to be QB, and for the entire offense to be crucified. When they started winning, they were praising Sanchez, praising Greene, and were generally happy about the team. It's just something you have to come to terms with, that some of us, and yes I am included in this. Don't give a darn about Peyton Manning. For me the Patriots analogy is spot on. I could care less if he retired tomorrow, or of the Broncos went 16-0 or 0-16. All I care about is my franchise and my team. The Indianapolis Colts.

Well there is the difference. It may be a what have you done for me lately league, but i am not a what have you done for me lately fan. As loyal as you are to a logo on a helmet, thats how loyal i can be to a person, group, idea, etc that is, imo deserving of that loyalty.

If you read the subject and still clicked the link o open the thread then you only have yourself to blame for being "bludgeoned".

Second, i did not bludgeon anyone with anything. I answered the question and gave explanation for why i feel the way i do. Yes, irsay and polian deserve some credit too but honestly, where would they be now if theyd have drafted Leaf? This franchise would have been in the cellar for the last decade. Peyton could have been drafted by indy, sd etc but that wouldnt have changed the level of talent he has or the type of man he is. The point is the colts franchise needed him far more than he needed them. As for dungy, personally i think he and his defense hindered more than helped the team but thats another topic entirely.

As i said in a previous post, i dont go into every thread talking about the great peyton manning. I have moved on from the divorce and am enjoying the new era of colts. However in this case, the question was asked and i answered it. Simple as that.

And if you read the thread subject line, you notice it asks for a take on a playoff scenario, not for an overblown opinion of a great and universally admired man. If all you gave was your take on the playoff scenario, my guess is you wouldn't now be working so hard to defend yourself.

Well there is the difference. It may be a what have you done for me lately league, but i am not a what have you done for me lately fan. As loyal as you are to a logo on a helmet, thats how loyal i can be to a person, group, idea, etc that is, imo deserving of that loyalty.

Fair enough, Each side Players / Organization have equal credit to building the franchise into what it is today. I can see how a person might gravitate to one side or another.

And if you read the thread subject line, you notice it asks for a take on a playoff scenario, not for an overblown opinion of a great and universally admired man. If all you gave was your take on the playoff scenario, my guess is you wouldn't now be working so hard to defend yourself.

Perhaps, but i gave the opinion and explanation together in the first reply as a preemptive strike because i knew some of the comments that would be made after i posted. Surely you know the kind of comments that would have been made if id have just said "id root for manning". heck the comments were made (by the people i expected them from) anyway even though i clearly explained myself.

And for what its worth, im more defending others who feel the way i do than i am defending myself. I know there are others who feel the same way who are either scared to voice their opinion or just dont feel like dealing with the backlash that their opinion would bring all because its not the popular opinion. People shouldnt have to feel they cant comment on a subject because a few people will bully them for having a different opinion.

Perhaps, but i gave the opinion and explanation together in the first reply as a preemptive strike because i knew some of the comments that would be made after i posted. Surely you know the kind of comments that would have been made if id have just said "id root for manning". heck the comments were made (by the people i expected them from) anyway even though i clearly explained myself.

And for what its worth, im more defending others who feel the way i do than i am defending myself. I know there are others who feel the same way who are either scared to voice their opinion or just dont feel like dealing with the backlash that their opinion would bring all because its not the popular opinion. People shouldnt have to feel they cant comment on a subject because a few people will bully them for having a different opinion.

Read the thread from top to bottom. I was clearly very vociferous in my critique of your wholey over the top idolisation for Peyton (he built this City / Emblem etc - Johhny U would be turning in his grave). I also maintain that you cannot be a Colts FANATIC if you actually want them to lose a vital game. You may be a Colts supporter, but not a fan (symantics I know). I ripped into your views (in hindsight too strongly), but I never made it personal. You did, and have done so on several occasions on this forum. So I suggest you rethink the 'bully' comments and do a proper appraisal of what went on.

Read the thread from top to bottom. I was clearly very vociferous in my critique of your wholey over the top idolisation for Peyton (he built this City / Emblem etc - Johhny U would be turning in his grave). I also maintain that you cannot be a Colts FANATIC if you actually want them to lose a vital game. You may be a Colts supporter, but not a fan (symantics I know). I ripped into your views (in hindsight too strongly), but I never made it personal. You did, and have done so on several occasions on this forum. So I suggest you rethink the 'bully' comments and do a proper appraisal of what went on.

Problem is braveheart if you are a Colts fanatic first and want them to win above any team and any player including PM then at times that makes us meanies due to our opinions.

I admit sometimes I could come across better but so could the Peyton first fans as well. It works both ways. Sometimes I feel that we get thought of as obnoxious or pushy when some need to look in the mirror themselves.

I always admired Manning and still do. But, I do not attribute every drop of success we had to just him either. And if you do then you are also short changing some of the other players/coaches around him who played a huge role in this thing and going against the team concept you preach so heavily about for the postseason.

I don't mind if Peyton has success with the Broncos at all. But, it will be a cold day in you know what when you find me rooting for John Elway's squad over the team I have been cheering for since I was a child.

Problem is braveheart if you are a Colts fanatic first and want them to win above any team and any player including PM then at times that makes us meanies due to our opinions.

I admit sometimes I could come across better but so could the Peyton first fans as well. It works both ways. Sometimes I feel that we get thought of as obnoxious or pushy when some need to look in the mirror themselves.

I always admired Manning and still do. But, I do not attribute every drop of success we had to just him either. And if you do then you are also short changing some of the other players/coaches around him who played a huge role in this thing and going against the team concept you preach so heavily about for the postseason.

I don't mind if Peyton has success with the Broncos at all. But, it will be a cold day in you know what when you find me rooting for John Elway's squad over the team I have been cheering for since I was a child.

Well said Jules. I was at the Patriots / Rams game at Wembley on Sunday. And wore my Manning jersey with great pride. I do feel at times though, that because we don't still put him on the highest of pedestals, that some posters think we don't still cherish the guy for what he meant to our team. I was born a 'soccer' fan, and I still am, and we just do not ever put a player before the team. It's virtually unheard across all soccer clubs world wide. I had a very friendly off-line chat with MAC a while back, who falls in line with FJ's line of thinking, and he explained that with college football and the NFL, it's actually quite common in the US to follow a player rather than a team. I get it. I just don't like the premise.

I was the one who made it personal? Silenthill questioned my character. You talked about me spewing garbage and having a sycophantic idolisation of peyton and jules said that i, and others like me should just leave the forum. How was i the one who initially made it personal?

If you reread the thread from top to bottom then you clearly did so with jaded glasses. Yes, i became a bully to deal with you 3 who have been bullying people who still hold peyton in a high regard since the preseason. There are people who have stopped posting or severely limited their posting because of the continuous snide remarks from people like you when they simply express how they feel. They feel they cant do that anymore without getting berated by people like you because they have a simple difference of opinion.

Take another look at the most recent posts in this thread by you, jules and silenthill. Now replace your first replies to me with the most recent ones. This thread would have turned out much differently wouldnt it?

Another point, had i not retaliated with the same attitude back at you that you first showed to me then would we now still be at the point where you are much more civilly talking about your conversation with mac and how its a cultural difference that some people put the team first while others put a player first? No probably not. You and jules would probably still be joking with each other how us sycophantic idolaters need to just leave the forum and stop supporting the colts all together.

This forum used to be a place for friendly discussion and those who disagreed could still do so in a friendly and civil manner. That is no longer he case and its because of comments and attitudes displayed by the 3 of you (and definitely others as well) early in this thread.

I will say progress has definitely been made. All it takes is a little tolerance and mutual respect. We may not all share the same exact priorities but we all love the colts in our own way, and we should all be allowed to love the colts in our own way without being persecuted if we dont all love the colts in exactly the same way. ;)

I was the one who made it personal? Silenthill questioned my character. You talked about me spewing garbage and having a sycophantic idolisation of peyton and jules said that i, and others like me should just leave the forum. How was i the one who initially made it personal?

Hey now, I had to question your character. Had I not I would never gotten to the bottom of your thinking. It was in the name of science.

If you reread the thread from top to bottom then you clearly did so with jaded glasses. Yes, i became a bully to deal with you 3 who have been bullying people who still hold peyton in a high regard since the preseason. There are people who have stopped posting or severely limited their posting because of the continuous snide remarks from people like you when they simply express how they feel. They feel they cant do that anymore without getting berated by people like you because they have a simple difference of opinion.

I'm glad those people stopped posting. When people come in here talking about how Peyton Manning was and still is the best thing since sliced bread, I'll admit it ticks me off. It actually makes me a little sad, that people can turn their backs on a team that they followed with a passion for over a decade just because 1 former player is on the opposing team. It's bad enough that the NFL General section has become the Peyton Manning section. You might ask, why such a hassle over a small difference of opinion? Well It's kind of like going to an Eagles game in a Giants jersey. You would surely get beer thrown at you, people would try to fight you, etc, etc.

Take another look at the most recent posts in this thread by you, jules and silenthill. Now replace your first replies to me with the most recent ones. This thread would have turned out much differently wouldnt it?

How could I look back to my most recent post and know how I got from point A to point B?

Another point, had i not retaliated with the same attitude back at you that you first showed to me then would we now still be at the point where you are much more civilly talking about your conversation with mac and how its a cultural difference that some people put the team first while others put a player first? No probably not. You and jules would probably still be joking with each other how us sycophantic idolaters need to just leave the forum and stop supporting the colts all together.

Once again, we appreciate your "support" of the Colts franchise, but once again, This type of attitude should be expected, We want the Colts to win against all opponents. Imagine how we view it, when someone says they are a Colts fan, and they are rooting for the Broncos to beat out the Colts in hypothetical playoff game. Us passionate fans are going to jump on it, just as we would with an opposing fan coming in here rooting for Brady in a playoff game.

This forum used to be a place for friendly discussion and those who disagreed could still do so in a friendly and civil manner. That is no longer he case and its because of comments and attitudes displayed by the 3 of you (and definitely others as well) early in this thread.

I feel like a broken record, but that was when we were all moving towards the same goal. We all wanted SB rings and we all wanted Peyton and the Colts to succeed. Now, some of us want the Colts to win, and some of us want the Colts to win most of the time, except if they play the Broncos. The real question here is who is out of place if anyone?

I will say progress has definitely been made. All it takes is a little tolerance and mutual respect. We may not all share the same exact priorities but we all love the colts in our own way, and we should all be allowed to love the colts in our own way without being persecuted if we dont all love the colts in exactly the same way. ;)

I really don't think progress has been made, and I don't think progress will ever be made. I figure eventually Manning will retire (hopefully after this season) and then we can go back to being one big happy family, until then, this turmoil will continue. Strap in, we're in it for the long haul. Alternatively we could all utilize the ignore feature.