Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL AM LIKES COLTS THIS YEAR

mark5362

many analyst have predicted 5-11, 6-10, or 9-7 at best. what if the colts went 11-5 and actually won the division. i think there's a strong possibilty we can because of how great luck is. manning went 13-3 his 2nd season with less talent on the team. luck doesn't look like a rookie qb to me, in fact more like a top 10 qb. the main reason we can go 11-5 is because of pagano. he's a defensive minded coach and brings the toughness and physical play of the ravens and everyone's buying in to his hybrid defense.

The rest of the AFC South? Alright. :rolleyes:

You could argue that the Jags look even better in preseason than the Colts. I mean, we talkin bout preseason, y'all.

Gabbert, Jake, and the same texan team that got beat by orlovsky.... it may be the preseason but the colts look like the top contender right now.

Gabbert, Jake, and the same texan team that got beat by orlovsky.... it may be the preseason but the colts look like the top contender right now.

Oh GOD IN HEAVEN...how many times are people going to bring that up? Yeah well our 6-10 team beat the Peyton and the Colts week 1 in 2010...I guess we were a better team huh? I mean, that's the sample size you're using. One game. So I'm completely justified in saying that, right? You have to agree, otherwise you'd render your own point useless.

And it wasn't even the same team, not like it matters. I don't even...

Oh GOD IN HEAVEN...how many times are people going to bring that up? Yeah well our 6-10 team beat the Peyton and the Colts week 1 in 2010...I guess we were a better team huh? I mean, that's the sample size you're using. One game. So I'm completely justified in saying that, right? You have to agree, otherwise you'd render your own point useless.

Nahhhh there's a difference, the texans got beat by a team that has let go of about 40+players and very little of them are on a team again... not to mention they were 2-14.

The colts have a much better defense built to stop the run so i doubt there will be any 150+yd rushes.

we all know your a closet colts fan stop hating and come around and dumped the texans and come to a real team

Nahhhh there's a difference, the texans got beat by a team that has let go of about 40+players and very little of them are on a team again... not to mention they were 2-14.

The colts have a much better defense built to stop the run so i doubt there will be any 150+yd rushes.

So apparently the team that beat us last year, really isn't there anymore. That's good news. I was kind of afraid of that honestly, but you've reassured me.

And your awesome run defense has proven itself 0 times. So good analysis.

It seems more analysts are jumping the bandwagon. :)

After the Rams game I checked Sports Book, I believe a 100.00 bet on the Colts to win the SB would return 10k. I have a feeling those odds will change (if they haven't already). A Vegas weekend on 10k would be fun. I know that sounds like a lot for a weekend, but I'm talking about a weekend you have no chance of remembering; you just wake up on the side of the road wearing nothing but a torn bathrobe and clutching a dead chicken named Elvis.

Super Bowl (and Vegas) bound!!!

So apparently the team that beat us last year, really isn't there anymore. That's good news. I was kind of afraid of that honestly, but you've reassured me.

And your awesome run defense has proven itself 0 times. So good analysis.

The team that beat you guys last year got better so thats definitely not something to be happy about... last time i checked a game was still a game and the colts held steven jackson to very little.

The team that beat you guys last year got better so thats definitely not something to be happy about... last time i checked a game was still a game and the colts held steven jackson to very little.

Lol he had 4 carries. Again, great sample size. And even if that carried any weight at all, he was at 4.2 YPC, so not that bad.

Plus, the Steelers RBs (backups because the 1st and 2nd guys are hurt) averaged 5.3 YPC. Talk about your stout run defenses, what are they feeding those guys in Indy?!

Let us stop putting the cart before the horse. I am excited as well but think 8-9 games is the ceiling for this team. So, if the division can be won with 8-9 wins, maybe an outside chance. My realistic expectation says 6, homeristic one says the inverse of 6. :)

Year 2 is when I expect our team to contend really for the division. This year, it is the Texans' to lose. But stranger things have happened and if they happen to favor the Colts, I am not going to sit here and not welcome it. :)

It's funny how some people were bashing our draft class after round 3 because we didn't draft any defensive players but Chapman in the 5th and Fugger. And now everybody is loving our rookie class because they realize that we have added 6 legitimate offensive weapons in one draft(Luck,Fleener,Allen,Hilton,Brazill, and Ballard) how many teams can say they did that in one draft. Hats off to Grigson,Arians,Pagano, and Manusky, and the ST coordinator(I can't spell his name lol).

Theoretically every team gets better in the offseason. The offseason is also when every fanbase gets a huge amount of confidence in their team, and then, bam. The regular season brings everyone back down to earth. Hopefully the South is competitive again this year.

Theoretically every team gets better in the offseason. The offseason is also when every fanbase gets a huge amount of confidence in their team, and then, bam. The regular season brings everyone back down to earth. Hopefully the South is competitive again this year.

Theoretically no they dont... ie jets and dolphins

Looking forward to the first game

I know this has been discussed in other topics, but I think the Colts will be far more successful than the 1998 Colt team. One reason why is that there are many members of the Colts that are used to winning. In 1998, some players had a taste when Harbaugh was QB, but not the tradition they have had now. So I don't see having to change the whole mindset of a losing team. Plus, I think there is a far better all around team now. So I really wouldn't be surprised if the Colts were like last years Bengals. The offensive talent is young and defense is attacking.

I honestly don't understand why you guys waste your time arguing with the 2 Texan fans. I've come to realize that it's just pointless. Let them enjoy their 1st time winning the division Season. Their "One-Hit Wonder" Season. They'll be in our Shadows again soon enough

PS: Don't waste your time quoting this to respond negatively

So funny man half of these guys make a living just jumping from one ban wagen to the next, I have watched NFL AM since the first show, an they viewed us as a team that just didnt have the talent to compete. After two preseason games they just keep jumping on board, anything to try an make it sound as if they know what they are talking about lol. Please Stop Playing Follow The Leader...

Theoretically no they dont... ie jets and dolphins

Looking forward to the first game

The Dolphins added Chad Johnson, drafted Ryan Tannehill, and though the former is gone, it is still worth noting. The Jets acquired Tim Tebow and drafted Coples and Stephen Hill. I'm looking forward to the first game too. Should be ravishing.

The Dolphins added Chad Johnson, drafted Ryan Tannehill, and though the former is gone, it is still worth noting. The Jets acquired Tim Tebow and drafted Coples and Stephen Hill. I'm looking forward to the first game too. Should be ravishing.

Chad is gone leaving them with no deep threat or WR to even be a threat, and the jets i believe havent scored a TD in the preseason yet and Tebow has shown that he isnt a very accurate QB at all.... All in all id say this season should be a pretty unpredictable season.