Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Week 2

likm

Don't know they just said he didn't return. They said it was a pulled Hammy I would GUESS at most he misses the rest of the pre-season and plays vs. the Texans.

this was Bethea's tweet 6 hours ago:

"Gettin this massage on the hammies!! Take care of the body and the body will take care of you!"

looks like it was bothering him even before the game.

I agree with you to an extent. Dan later severely under threw a deep route that got picked. Neither one of these clowns could offer us anything but blacked out home games if Manning was IR'd.

When choosing a back-up QB, one has to, they MUST, view the choice from a 'worst case scenario' view point.

That's why I am all for looking for a new back up QB. To me Sorgi makes the most sense. He knows our system and has looked decent with the starters the few times he played with them.

I am not gong to argue that Orvlosky might be better than Painter becaseto me that's lke winning an ugly contest. I don't think either guy is an answer which is why I would rather the Colts just move on from both.

I would really like to see Orlovsky get the start next week. He at least plays with passion and animation. Painter seems detached emotionally, as if he lacks drive.

Yeah they both suck but at least Orlovsky tries to throw the ball down the field some. Painter can hardly complete passes and he has been in this offense for 3 years now.

I hear you! There was a lot of positives from the game, but QBing wasn't one of them

Drake Nevis already looks like best tackle on the team and potentially a blue chip player. He seems to always push his guy backwards.

Castonza looks very solid at LT

Delone Carter looks to be a very solid RB who can get that extra yard

Hughes started very slow but then started getting some pressure, which was good.

Ogbu, I thought, fires off the balls very well.

Reitz seems as if the sky is the limit on what he could do. For a guy that big, he is very athletic but strong.

Agreed but all the good can be voided when you have a QB that cant get a first down, that might have to start the season opener.

Our first string looks pretty bad against a bad football team. Were only missing Peyton.

I don't think it is any real shock that Peyton Manning makes this team go at a higher rate than most any team. Manning makes the team go from an under avg team to exceptional just by being on the field. He allows for drives to be extended by making the proper reads and quick throws. He allows a below avg group of olineman to look like an avg line and gives us a chance on each possession. None of the QB's on the roster can even come close to working with an oline who allows pressure from all over, Peyton can just see it and react so much faster than the others.

Bottom line is, no Peyton, no chance of a winning season at least how the team is constructed right now.

The team went out and got personnel via a great draft and some FA signings to help fix the trenches on both sides of the ball, which was the biggest cry this offseason. We also have some guys coming along the learning/developmental curve that should be able to contribute more.

It's going to take a little time to settle on the starters/rotation & for them to gel (O-line in particular). This is an area where play gets better & better as the season progresses barring a lot of injuries, of course.

Delone Carter is going to help in one of the biggest needs areas we have, which will open up even more options.

We're returning a lot of starters plus a prospect or two from the injury plagued 2010 season.

All of this ^ following a season where the team showed mettle winning 10 games and barely losing to the Jets in the playoffs while severely hobbled. There's a lot to look forward to in 2011. Can't wait for the season to start because we'll get our share of wins and a lot of people will be quieted along the way.

Our first string looks pretty bad against a bad football team. Were only missing Peyton.

Yes, and Peyton Manning is the Colt's offense. We can't even begin to say what the first unit offense is doing because he isn't out there. btw, we were also missing Wayne, Gonzo and Collie last night.

Hughes did not play well. Foster and Nevis did. I really didn't see anything encouraging on offense other than James. Not to worry, if it isn't your entire starting lineup then it's not your starting lineup. Watch players in preseason not plays, and if Manning is not on the field you can't tell anything about the offense. What is concerning is the lack of depth, and penalties from being undisciplined.

Hughes did not play well. Foster and Nevis did. I really didn't see anything encouraging on offense other than James. Not to worry, if it isn't your entire starting lineup then it's not your starting lineup. Watch players in preseason not plays, and if Manning is not on the field you can't tell anything about the offense. What is concerning is the lack of depth, and penalties from being undisciplined.

The line did pretty well on some plays especially Anthony