Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts night practice

HtownColt

Here is some information on the colts first night practice

Luck set camp highs with 30 completions and 45 attempts.

He also threw four touchdown passes, including a nearly perfectly placed ball from about 30 yards out to Collie during an earlier two-minute drill.

The rookie quarterback also hit another long touchdown throw, connecting with rising youngster Kris Adams for a bomb of about 70 yards

Third-string quarterback Chandler Harnish also threw consecutive touchdown passes to Adams during a red-zone drill.

Backup quarterback Drew Stanton led a touchdown drive on his first two-minute drill, capped by a seven-yard scoring run by second-year running back Delone Carter.

"Stanton ended the practice with a drive that died when his fourth-down pass fell incomplete in the far corner of the end zone."

http://heraldbulletin.com/sports/x1402349230/Colts-complete-first-night-practice-at-AU?mobRedir=false

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I been toying with the idea of Kris Adams as a slot wide receiver, he is tall, fast, has good hands, I know the general consensus is Avery seems to be the prime choice for that but I am not convinced at all he can play a full 16 game season as the slot receiver, he will take a pounding over a course of a season, I thought our O Line played pretty well today as well

I wouldn't bet on Kris Adams making the team..only if we keep 6 wrs then he has a slight chance

i can see us keeping six. wayne collie avery hilton and brazill are locks. its gonna come down to sambrano or adams

I been toying with the idea of Kris Adams as a slot wide receiver, he is tall, fast, has good hands, I know the general consensus is Avery seems to be the prime choice for that but I am not convinced at all he can play a full 16 game season as the slot receiver, he will take a pounding over a course of a season, I thought our O Line played pretty well today as well

i really cant see avery in the slot. hes better off running go routes on the outside then taking a pounding going through the middle

i really cant see avery in the slot. hes better off running go routes on the outside then taking a pounding going through the middle

I could've sworn I read somewhere that Avery was taking on the Mike Wallace role of Arians offense and Collie was the Antonio Brown/Emmanuel sanders role. I forgot where I read that at though

Htown , thanks for the update.. I have been searching for tonight's practice info.. I have only seen the colts on nfl network week on training camp, I hope you all back home seen more ... can't wait for this Sunday and the season.. will let you all know how Peyton is when I go up to see him next week.

Personally I would go with

1.Wayne

2.Collie

3.Kris Adams

4.T.Y. Hilton

5.Brazill

Im pretty sure we have no need for a 6th and maybe not even a 5th when we can just use Fleener or Allen or heck even both and I am not counting on Avery staying healthy the full season

1.Wayne

2.Collie

3.Kris Adams

4.T.Y. Hilton

5.Brazill

Im pretty sure we have no need for a 6th and maybe not even a 5th when we can just use Fleener or Allen or heck even both and I am not counting on Avery staying healthy the full season

i dont know if i want adams as our number three

1.Wayne

2.Collie

3.Kris Adams

4.T.Y. Hilton

5.Brazill

You do when it comes to special teams and TE Dominique Jones is on his way to make the roster as well. I don't know why Kris Adams is even in the conversation most his snaps come from Stanton and Harnish and 2nd and 3rd string defenses. he barely getting any time with Luck.. Wayne,collie,Avery ,Hilton, and brazil are getting all the snaps with Luck

You do when it comes to special teams and TE Dominique Jones is on his way to make the roster as well. I don't know why Kris Adams is even in the conversation most his snaps come from Stanton and Harnish and 2nd and 3rd string defenses. he barely getting any time with Luck.. Wayne,collie,Avery ,Hilton, and brazil are getting all the snaps with Luck

didnt you say he caught a 70 yard bomb from luck?

I know but like I said I dont trust Avery holding up health wise over the whole season and the 1 year he did he was only moderately productive, I would expect more production from him given his speed, I know the other stuff needs work such as his hands but he has a lack of production in my opinion, He brings a ton of speed of course we all know that but what else? Kris brings size, speed and good hands as noted by you personally with that 70 yard bomb, that I saw, it was awesome, Kris is just the more reliable option in my opinion once you take into account health concerns

I know but like I said I dont trust Avery holding up health wise over the whole season and the 1 year he did he was only moderately productive, I would expect more production from him given his speed, I know the other stuff needs work such as his hands but he has a lack of production in my opinion, He brings a ton of speed of course we all know that but what else?

the more reason to keep six wrs and that one year he was healthy he had bulger throwing him the ball

Bottom line... if this kid is producing IN A BIG WAY... Indy won't put him at risk.

Good for him... The Jones TE has been doing well also from all I hear. the poster above and I think P Kuharsky where raving on him. So keep Snow, Allen, Fleener, and Jones.... indy doesn't keep 6 wr's.

but if Kris keeps catching the ball ... he will be noticed.

If Adams is coming on as many seem to think, then he strikes me as a candidate for the reserve squad....

Go with Wayne/Collie/Avery/Hilton/Brazill... and keep Adams on the reserve list.

I think the active game day roster is 46, and the reserve list is 7, for a total of 53.... I think there is a one person exception, for a 3rd quarterback to be used on game day IF the starter or backup are hurt. So, a 3rd QB (Harnish) could be on the reserve and still wind up being on the sidelines and dressed and even play.

That's my understanding at least, I'm sure someone else will weigh-in if I'm wrong, which I may be....

If Adams is coming on as many seem to think, then he strikes me as a candidate for the reserve squad....

Go with Wayne/Collie/Avery/Hilton/Brazill... and keep Adams on the reserve list.

I think the active game day roster is 46, and the reserve list is 7, for a total of 53.... I think there is a one person exception, for a 3rd quarterback to be used on game day IF the starter or backup are hurt. So, a 3rd QB (Harnish) could be on the reserve and still wind up being on the sidelines and dressed and even play.

That's my understanding at least, I'm sure someone else will weigh-in if I'm wrong, which I may be....

I'm not hearing anything on Avery? If this dude is constantly nursing nagging boo boo's during camp I would not be surprised at all to see him cut. And someone out of nowhere zooming in and making he team.

The Gonzo, Addai Sanders days are over.... FINALLY.... no dead weight allowed.

I'm not hearing anything on Avery? If this dude is constantly nursing nagging boo boo's during camp I would not be surprised at all to see him cut. And someone out of nowhere zooming in and making he team.

The Gonzo, Addai Sanders days are over.... FINALLY.... no dead weight allowed.

ive hear plenty about avery and one injury that isnt even serious isnt a big deal

i believe its either 2008 or 2009 because he never played with bradford

Bulger got sacked a combined total of 52 times in those two seasons (makes me wonder how David Carr is still alive, I bet he could suite that entire O Line for neglect for neglecting to protect him at the very least heck maybe a few more hits and his family may have been able to press murder charges on that O Line), but during those two years Avery had 100 catches for 1263 yards for 12.6 yards a catch that. 12.6 yards a catch for a deep threat isn't that good, Bulger wasnt a great Quarterback but he wasnt bad, Not trying to downplay Avery, but his real issue to me is can he stay healthy

The NFL did away with the 3rd quarterback rule. Now he is apart of the 46 gameday roster. It use to be a 45 gameday roster with a 3rd "emergency" inactive QB.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/22/nfl-drops-third-quarterback-rule-46-active-players-on-game-day/

ive hear plenty about avery and one injury that isnt even serious isnt a big deal

That is great news... I have not heard anything on Avery other than his latest injury.

While others are out there making plays... Avery better get his game in "game day form" or he is very short for this team.

Lots of young hungry blood on this roster.

Avery has a history... and isn't that the exact same song and dance we sang with Mel, Gonzo, Joe, and Bob?

IF dude is not on the field more times than not .... dead weight.

Avery has a history... and isn't that the exact same song and dance we sang with Mel, Gonzo, Joe, and Bob?

IF dude is not on the field more times than not .... dead weight.

if hes missing regular season games then i agree, but its just preseason

Im certainly going to give Avery a chance but not as my slot receiver, he would take a beating and certainly not make it through the whole season, I will go with the taller speedy Kris Adams who has better hands anyway, if we went 4 wide receivers some then I would consider Avery, But I prefer to see what he can do on kick returns more then wide receiver, if he can stay healthy doing that then, we'll talk

Im certainly going to give Avery a chance but not as my slot receiver, he would take a beating and certainly not make it through the whole season, I will go with the taller speedy Kris Adams who has better hands anyway, if we went 4 wide receivers some then I would consider Avery, But I prefer to see what he can do on kick returns more then wide receiver, if he can stay healthy doing that then, we'll talk

Are you talking about the same Kris Adams that got cut from 3 practice squad teams in a year?? Yea I'll take Avery over that, it's not even close.

You guys do know its just camp. Not a game. This Adams guy is already being put as the 3rd receiver by Gavin.. Seriously? Because he caught a 70 yard bomb against a horrible secondary? I'd rather put Avery, Hilton, or Brazill instead of a guy who was cut from 3 practice squad teams the last 3 years.. Last I heard Brazill and Hilton are making noise in camp too, Not just Adams.. Only positive is he's 6 3" (or 6 2", i forget..)

You guys do know its just camp. Not a game. This Adams guy is already being put as the 3rd receiver by Gavin.. Seriously? Because he caught a 70 yard bomb against a horrible secondary? I'd rather put Avery, Hilton, or Brazill instead of a guy who was cut from 3 practice squad teams the last 3 years.. Last I heard Brazill and Hilton are making noise in camp too, Not just Adams.. Only positive is he's 6 3" (or 6 2", i forget..)

And Avery done caught like 6 of those bombs against the first team secondary. He even caught a bomb td on the play where he bruised his thigh.