Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Yall Think Of New England Patriots They Are Killing The Bucs

coltsuser21

Are they trying to make some sort of statement? Or are they just that much better? First the drubbing of Jax, now this against a supposedly better team in the Bucs...I haven't been watching the game so I don't know the context (i.e. are the Bucs like the Colts in just playing their starters a few series?)

They are going to be a good team, just like every other year. Nothing different. I don't think they'll be AS good as they were last year, but I still have them winning the AFC East.

I was a little shocked. Pretty impressive deep talented team.

I would think they would be better than last year (not that in of itself translates into wins)

The 2nd year young defense is now in its 3rd season with some pretty decent additions.

The Pats knew they were the first game of the week and that everyone's televisions would be tuned in (unlike the Colts game - we got the shaft), so the Pats are sending a message to the league - like they always do - that they're #1. Makes me sick, but it's true. To the Pats organization, publicity, hype, and making a statement means everything. This will increase the value of all their players, giving Belichick more ammo to trade with.

This is what I wish the Colts would do more often! Preseason is more than just preseason to the Pats - it's a gritty second Combine where athletes demonstrate their credentials and increase their status. You can bet the rest of the league is taking notes, thinking, "Wow, I wish we had that guy." Al Davis does this ALL the time. I can just picture him drooling over some of New England's young guys.

So while you guys shrug at the Colts getting beat to the Rams, just remember the rest of the league is watching. You can sell a much prettier picture of your team and your teams players if you win a game! Meanwhile, already NFL.com is writing front page headlines of the Pats gaming accomplishments...

Law Firm Lights it Up!

^ Wait... why does their RB get a cool nickname and we dont!?!

The Pats knew they were the first game of the week and that everyone's televisions would be tuned in (unlike the Colts game - we got the shaft), so the Pats are sending a message to the league - like they always do - that they're #1. Makes me sick, but it's true. To the Pats organization, publicity, hype, and making a statement means everything. This will increase the value of all their players, giving Belichick more ammo to trade with.

This is what I wish the Colts would do more often! Preseason is more than just preseason to the Pats - it's a gritty second Combine where athletes demonstrate their credentials and increase their status. You can bet the rest of the league is taking notes, thinking, "Wow, I wish we had that guy." Al Davis does this ALL the time. I can just picture him drooling over some of New England's young guys.

So while you guys shrug at the Colts getting beat to the Rams, just remember the rest of the league is watching. You can sell a much prettier picture of your team and your teams players if you win a game! Meanwhile, already NFL.com is writing front page headlines of the Pats gaming accomplishments...

Law Firm Lights it Up!

lol..that's a pretty tin foiled statement. the Pats use preseason to show off talent for trade.

These folks that don't make the 53 roster are cut...not traded.

wow..that's almost outer limits stuff:)

But I did enjoy reading it:)

Law Firm Lights it Up!

The first half was starters v starters...were the Pats supposed to 'not try'? They werent trying to make a statement...they were trying to play good ball. No more, no less.

They are going to be a good team, just like every other year. Nothing different. I don't think they'll be AS good as they were last year, but I still have them winning the AFC East.

They'll be much, much better, because they'll be much, much more balanced.

The Patriots' defense was not good last year, particularly on 3rd down.

This defense has been revamped, and with the personnel they have on the defensive line, along with Bodden back and Dowling as the nickle CB, the defense should (key word) be a thousand times better than last year.

Their record may not be as good as last year, but the team will be better.

Ahhhh hahahahahahahahah!!!!!!

Wait, wait, sorry...

No, really, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The Patriots don't care WHATSOEVER about publicity, hype, etc.

What a stupid, ignorant statement. Someone obviously doesn't know the Patriots whatsoever.

that's a pretty tin foiled statement. the Pats use preseason to show off talent for trade.

These folks that don't make the 53 roster are cut...not traded.

wow..that's almost outer limits stuff:)

But I did enjoy reading it:)

Of course some are cut - the NFL wouldn't allow the Pats to keep them all. But those the Pats do keep inevitably do get traded in the prime of their careers. We've seen this with Seymour, Cassel, Vrabel, Moss... The Pats don't swear loyalty to any of their players. When you're good, you get traded. They'll do the same to Haynesworth - hype him up, make him look good, then trade him. They're already getting two 1st round picks and two 2nd round picks next year, so why not tack on more? The NFL eats it up, and the generated Patriots buzz further fuels the desires of players to play for them and outside owners to have their players. It's a win/win for the Patriots.

What a stupid, ignorant statement. Someone obviously doesn't know the Patriots whatsoever.

Then why not share your great insight with us o' wise one? What makes you suggest that they dont care? Of course this is coming off the heels of signing Chad Ochocinco and Haynesworth - two of the most obnoxious characters in the NFL, while drafting Ryan Mallett despite character issues. If that's not asking for publicity, I don't know what is.

Of course some are cut - the NFL wouldn't allow the Pats to keep them all. But those the Pats do keep inevitably do get traded in the prime of their careers. We've seen this with Seymour, Cassel, Vrabel, Moss... The Pats don't swear loyalty to any of their players. When you're good, you get traded. They'll do the same to Haynesworth - hype him up, make him look good, then trade him. They're already getting two 1st round picks and two 2nd round picks next year, so why not tack on more? The NFL eats it up, and the generated Patriots buzz further fuels the desires of players to play for them and outside owners to have their players. It's a win/win for the Patriots.

Not quite that simple:) Cassel wasn't groomed to trade. NE was staring at a 20mil cap with him right near the eve of free agency. They had no choice but to trade him and Pioli wanted Vrabel thrown in. Vrabel wasn't totally expendable but the trigger HAD to be pulled to the one team that was ready to take Cassel so that NE could go into free agency. To wait until a team like Detroit make up its mind would be a lost opportunity.

Seymour didn't fit the style anymore and while it would have been nice to keep him, trading him then with value is simply smart card playing.

The Moss trade (or was he cut) either way was a team passing philosophy. They went back to the shorter passing game.

This notion of train em' up for trade is not much substance. I mean NE does play football..not the price is right show.:)

And I don't know how you arrive at what the NFL eats. I give a little more credit to the other teams...well maybe not the Raiders;)

Law Firm Lights it Up!

what do you guys expect the patriots to do?????? if they can score they will and apparently, they can score everytime.

if the colts could score they would.......but with the pitiful o-line and curtis painter not being as quick as peyton manning is....theres no hope. yah its preseason.....but u dont step on the field and half * it just cause it doesn't count. you're still trying to score. u just get less chances.

I'm really not expecting anything different from the Patriots this year. After that loss to the Jets last postseason I told myself that the 2011 Patriots would be the same team at the very least, if not a step better. I just don't see any part of the team where the Patriots took a step down from last season.

Maybe it's just me always being a super pessimistic fan, but I see New England picking up where they left off from the end of last season. And by that I mean them going on some rediculously long streak of not turning the ball over and just looking next to flawless on offense. It's bad when you can name all four (five if counting postseason) of Tom Brady's interceptions from 2010. And one of them was a hail mary pass as time expired before going into OT, so go figure.

I'm predicting anywhere from 13-3 to 15-1 for NE this season. The defense can only get better, and we'll probably see 2008 Titans Haynesworth, knowing our luck. The offense will continue to click, and Ocho will conveniently turn back to his young Bengals self (2005, 2006, 2007). Brady will probably turn the ball over less times than I can count on both of my fingers, the offensive line will continue to give him 3 and a half hours to throw the ball, and the plug and play running game will be more than effective.

So um....yeah...I'm cheering for some fluke loss in the postseason to bring their season to an end...kind of like last year...