Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

As Much As I Hate To Say This... The Patriots Will Be The Best Team In The Afc Next Year

Andy

Listen, "pal", BB has a track record of not starting new veterans. Look at what they did with Moss in '07; he didn't play a SNAP in the preseason.

What'd he do that season? Oh, that's right, set the all-time TD reception record, helping Brady to win the single-season record for TD passes.

By the way, by all accounts Haynesworth has slimmed down quite a bit; he's not playing simply to make sure that his knee is 100%.

lol at your Peyton 2004 comparison. Yep, never played in blowouts... you mean, like that Lions Thanksgiving game, when Peyton was throwing TD pass after TD pass on the hapless Lions? Yep.

By the way, the following Patriot STARTERS did not play last night:

Shaun Ellis

Cunningham

Brandon Spikes

Haynesworth

This defense will be very, VERY interesting this year.

I logged on to check out any new Manning news and unfortunately came across your posts. From one Pats fan to another, please stop being a tool. I know when you're 16 that talking tough on an anonymous message board is s.o.p., but try to remember it's a Colts Board. You're embarrassing us.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I logged on to check out any new Manning news and unfortunately came across your posts. From one Pats fan to another, please stop being a tool. I know when you're 16 that talking tough on an anonymous message board is s.o.p., but try to remember it's a Colts Board. You're embarrassing us.

So someone with just his first post on here is telling others how to post?

Thanks for the advice. I was responding to the idiocy of that other poster, and you're right, it was a bit vitriolic.

So someone with just his first post on here is telling others how to post?

First post.

Pats fan since the 80's, meaning I've been here for the bad and the most recently the good.

And I have to agree with the advice you were given. It's incumbent on us Patriot expatriotes posting in another team's forums to be respectful of the fact that we ARE visitors as much as we are ambassadors.

Let's keep it classy!

First post.

Pats fan since the 80's, meaning I've been here for the bad and the most recently the good.

And I have to agree with the advice you were given. It's incumbent on us Patriot expatriotes posting in another team's forums to be respectful of the fact that we ARE visitors as much as we are ambassadors.

Let's keep it classy!

I've been posting here for 7 years. Relax. The lack of knowledge of that poster simply irritated me.

And I'm sorry, but no visiting fans on any forum are "ambassadors".

Guest BlueShoe

First post.

Let's keep it classy!

I have to say that I have only met about three classy Pats fans out of hundreds. I think the whole concept of a Pats fan posting on a Colts fan board is weird, especially when they setup camp and stay forever (IndyStar). Pats fans ruined the IndyStar and brought it to its knees. It used to be one of the most popular sports message boards on the internet. I don't go to Pats boards because I am not interested in the Pats or what their fans have to say. I have went to other teams board before, but I was 100% total respectful and I didn't stay long. That’s how it should be, in my opinion. But I don’t run this board or have any say in it. It does appear that Pats fans stay in the NFL General section here, which is a big plus. It is still amazing that when a thread is made about the Patriots here, just how many Pats fans show up in the thread. I just hope that Colts fan haven’t embarrassed us the same on Pats boards.

I am sure you’re a good guy so maybe you will understand that after dealing with Pats fans on Colts boards for several years (10+) that I have developed a dislike towards anything a Pats fan has to say. Not being disrespectful, just honest.

Dan Shaughnessy (a Boston-based writer not known as a ball-washer type of guy) thinks so too. Is there anything to this? I don't know. too early to tell. But I do think Belichick is tired of sending his guys home in early January.

Patriots look loaded...

Brace yourself, NFL. It looks like Bill Belichick plans to come back from the lockout with guns blazing.

There's always fear and loathing around the Patriots. NFL coaches don't like the presumption that Bill is smarter than everyone else in the fraternity. Any time New England falls it's a happy day for the rest of the league. There was much titillation when the undefeated Pats lost the Super Bowl in Glendale, Ariz., in February of 2008. Seeing the Patriots lose a home playoff game to the Jets last January no doubt made a lot of Pats haters happy.

Hope you got it out of your system, people. Because it looks like the Patriots are loaded. Again.

"Belichick is through messing around,'' an NFC executive told The Boston Globe's Greg Bedard during last Thursday's 31-14 New England drubbing of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. "What we saw tonight, if that's the way they continue to go into the season, is a complete departure from what we saw last season. They're not reacting. They're dictating.''

The book on the Pats last year was that they were soft defensively. They were woeful on third down and couldn't mount any kind of a pass rush. Sure, they went 14-2 during the regular season, but the Jets attacked Tom Brady and beat the Pats in Foxborough in the playoffs.

Losing to Rex Ryan and the Jets in January was abject embarrassment for the Patriots. It was like getting fired by your ex-wife's new husband.

Playoff failure is a sore subject in Foxborough these days. While putting together some pretty nifty regular-season records, the Pats haven't gone anywhere in the tournament. Fact is, they haven't won a playoff game since the 2007 AFC Championship Game. This means that 13 teams -- the Seahawks, Jets, Ravens, Packers, Steelers, Bears, Cowboys, Cardinals, Colts, Vikings, Eagles, Chargers and Giants have all won playoff games since the last time Belichick and Brady won a playoff game.

The Pats can't even claim to be dominant in their local market anymore. This is the high renaissance of New England sports and despite winning three Super Bowls in this century, the Patriots have the longest championship drought among greater Boston's four professional sports teams.

So now Belichick is back. With a vengeance.

Talk Eagles all you want. Philadelphia has assembled a Dream Team of veteran talent, drawing comparisons with the Miami Heat.

I say the greater threat comes from New England.

In New England's first preseason game, the Patriots scored on their first eight possessions en route to a 47-12 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars. And that was without Brady. Mr. Gisele played in the second game against Tampa and led the Pats to a 28-0 first half lead. The first touchdown drive lasted five plays. The first two touchdown passes were caught by Aaron Hernandez and Chad Ochocinco and there was not a Buccaneer in the same Zip code on either play.

"They did not treat this like a preseason game,'' said Tampa defensive tackle Gerald McCoy. "That's why they are who they are.''

But it is not New England's offense that should worry the NFL. We all know about Brady and weapons Wes Welker, Deion Branch, Danny Woodhead and now, Ochocinco.

The new threat is on defense. Belichick has gone back to working on what made him great in the first place; stopping the other team. Hoodie won't admit it, but he's gone to a 4-3 defense and he's bringing the house on just about every play. He's brought in every lineman he can find. Albert Haynesworth and Shaun Ellis haven't played yet, but fourth-year linebacker Jerod Mayo looks ready for a breakout season and it's clear that changing packages and pressuring the quarterback will be priorities.

Defensively, the Patriots are deep and their swarming attack made the Bucs look pathetic.

"I think the score is a little bit deceiving,'' Belichick deadpanned after the rout in Tampa. "The first half probably wasn't quite as good as it looked. ... We can do better and hopefully with this long week (the Pats have eight work days between preseason games) we have in front of us now we'll be able to allocate more time to getting things done at a higher level and also putting in some new things and expanding our installation as we head closer to the start of the regular season.''

Preseason is not regular season. The Jaguars and Buccaneers might be terrible teams. Nothing really counts until a team starts winning playoff games. The Packers are the defending champs and the Eagles are the flavor of the month and Rex again says his Jets are Super Bowl bound.

All that said, it looks like the worst fears of Patriot-haters might be realized. The lockout figured to help teams with veteran coaches and tested quarterbacks. The Patriots have both, in spades. They have a system unlike any other system.

They have a coach who loves to scheme, a coach who's had too much time to think about that loss in the desert almost four years ago.

We are only halfway through a preseason after a protracted lockout. There is so much we do not know. But the Patriots look like a monster team. A lot like 2007.

Be afraid, NFL. Be very afraid.

I have to say that I have only met about three classy Pats fans out of hundreds. I think the whole concept of a Pats fan posting on a Colts fan board is weird, especially when they setup camp and stay forever (IndyStar). Pats fans ruined the IndyStar and brought it to its knees. It used to be one of the most popular sports message boards on the internet. I don't go to Pats boards because I am not interested in the Pats or what their fans have to say. I have went to other teams board before, but I was 100% total respectful and I didn't stay long. That’s how it should be, in my opinion. But I don’t run this board or have any say in it. It does appear that Pats fans stay in the NFL General section here, which is a big plus. It is still amazing that when a thread is made about the Patriots here, just how many Pats fans show up in the thread. I just hope that Colts fan haven’t embarrassed us the same on Pats boards.

I am sure you’re a good guy so maybe you will understand that after dealing with Pats fans on Colts boards for several years (10+) that I have developed a dislike towards anything a Pats fan has to say. Not being disrespectful, just honest.

I do have to say, the concept of any teams message board being 'only for' that teams fans is a foreign one to me. Other fans arent 'guests'...everyone has to follow the same rules and everyone should be treated the same...and when everyone is respectful of others, they are all here for the same purpose: to talk football. If you have preconceived notions of someone because of the shade of blue they wear, thats your right...but its on you and that doesnt automatically mean that they are wrong...it just means they have a different opinion. And quite frankly, thats the best part of these boards. Why anyone wouldnt want opposing fans posting baffles me. I dont post on Patriots forums...why do I want to have discussions with people that feel the same as I do about everything? Theres no fun in sitting around a campfire singing kumbaya and agreeing with each other and patting each other on the back for how great our team is. I like hearing my rivals view on things.

Guest BlueShoe

I do have to say, the concept of any teams message board being 'only for' that teams fans is a foreign one to me. Other fans arent 'guests'...everyone has to follow the same rules and everyone should be treated the same...and when everyone is respectful of others, they are all here for the same purpose: to talk football. If you have preconceived notions of someone because of the shade of blue they wear, thats your right...but its on you and that doesnt automatically mean that they are wrong...it just means they have a different opinion. And quite frankly, thats the best part of these boards. Why anyone wouldnt want opposing fans posting baffles me. I dont post on Patriots forums...why do I want to have discussions with people that feel the same as I do about everything? Theres no fun in sitting around a campfire singing kumbaya and agreeing with each other and patting each other on the back for how great our team is. I like hearing my rivals view on things.

I don't know what Pats boards you're going to, but there is not any Kumbaya going on here or at any teams boards I have ever seen. Fans of the same team fight enough over everything from silly to things that have actual merit. For every two fans of the same team you'll have three different opinions. So yes the Colts boards are "enough" for me and I don't need to go to another team’s board and tell them how to be a fan or what their team should do. It's not my place. What is my place is here because it clearly says Colts.com in the address bar. That fits me to perfection. If I were to be at a place where it said Patriots.com then I would feel as if I seriously made a wrong turn somewhere.

I usually go to other team’s boards to get vibes on what draft prospects the fans are interested in and who they see fitting their team the best. I do this because I expect that before I even click on the link that they will collectively have more insight to their own team than I do. Sometimes I may log in and talk with them about things in their draft section. But to setup a tent in their backyard and include myself into their team’s conversations would be plain and simply just rude. I wouldn't go to a Pats board and start talking about the Colts.

Don’t worry though because I am not expecting you to get what I am saying. If you saw things the same way I did then you obviously wouldn’t be here; just as I am not on Pats boards. I don’t run this board and I don’t have the power to say who can stay or go. But I do have an opinion that Pats fans living on Colts boards is just weird as can be. And it’s a phenomenon that’s been going on for 10+ years now.

Don’t worry though because I am not expecting you to get what I am saying. If you saw things the same way I did then you obviously wouldn’t be here; just as I am not on Pats boards. I don’t run this board and I don’t have the power to say who can stay or go. But I do have an opinion that Pats fans living on Colts boards is just weird as can be. And it’s a phenomenon that’s been going on for 10+ years now.

The most intelligent Colt fans I know post on a Patriots board.

They used to post here, but this place has changed a lot since back then, and most of the good posters have since left. A lot of the newer posters here are certainly good people, but this place lost the most knowledgeable Colt fans that understood football so well. Guys like Phil, Jaric (who still posts occasionally here), Gsmack, etc.

Big difference here...its moderated (for all fans BTW). Indy Star wasn't hence the junk board. All fans are welcomed here as long as they obey the rules.

Also don't take it so seriously and you'll smile more:)

The most intelligent Colt fans I know post on a Patriots board.

They used to post here, but this place has changed a lot since back then, and most of the good posters have since left. A lot of the newer posters here are certainly good people, but this place lost the most knowledgeable Colt fans that understood football so well. Guys like Phil, Jaric (who still posts occasionally here), Gsmack, etc.

dayum what board they go to?? I miss those guys was fun having a discussion with them. We could disagree without going into name calling on either side (sigh the good ol days!!!)

I usually go to other team’s boards to get vibes on what draft prospects the fans are interested in and who they see fitting their team the best. I do this because I expect that before I even click on the link that they will collectively have more insight to their own team than I do. Sometimes I may log in and talk with them about things in their draft section. But to setup a tent in their backyard and include myself into their team’s conversations would be plain and simply just rude. I wouldn't go to a Pats board and start talking about the Colts.

Lets see. I've been here since this original forum started some 8 years ago. Wonder why that is. <hush PG>...maybe because the world isn't vanilla? Or xx board has yy. Perhaps your thinking might be a bit narrow?

Btw..I have a house here, no steenkin' tent ;->

I don't know what Pats boards you're going to, but there is not any Kumbaya going on here or at any teams boards I have ever seen. Fans of the same team fight enough over everything from silly to things that have actual merit. For every two fans of the same team you'll have three different opinions. So yes the Colts boards are "enough" for me and I don't need to go to another team’s board and tell them how to be a fan or what their team should do. It's not my place. What is my place is here because it clearly says Colts.com in the address bar. That fits me to perfection. If I were to be at a place where it said Patriots.com then I would feel as if I seriously made a wrong turn somewhere.

Blueshoe, I see some of your points . . . that not all fans agree on the team "home" boards, but on some critical points which fall along party lines; for example, the TB & PM comparisons, the home boards will likely fall along party lines . . . so to that extent, it nice to cross party lines, cross the isle and see how the other side thinks . . .

. . . and as D13 said, for the most part the people i associate in person here in Mass. are all pats fans, except for a Raider fan at a local Stop & Shop, a few others . . . so for me coming here is great as one can exchanges ideas and thoughts with a bunch of fans of another team . . . also fun to see what other teams are up to . . . and look at it this way if it wasn't for these boards, the only outlet i know of and thus would only have regarding all things colts would be Bob Kravitz :popcorn:, coupling that with the likes of Jamie Dukes, Denion Sanders, Rod "the colts aren't going to the make the playoffs this year" Woodsen, and Chris Collinsworth :hmm: , you can see how it is nice to come to a board and hear perhaps a different view on things . . .

. . . and for me this is the only board i got too, with the limited exception of brief stops on the Ravens, Steelers and Jets boards . . . i guess as Indy is our long standing rival (along with Pitt), it is only natural for one to gravitate towards ones rival's fans and news, i came too the old, old, old board orginally . . . and perhaps too these reasons are why some other Pats fans come here . . .

also, i think it is refreshing to get another fans view point . . .

i am sorry to hear that you have had negative experience with respect to pats fan in the past . . . that is too bad and can see how it might of given a bad taste in you mouth . . .

also, i can see your point of sometimes just wanting to talk amongst your own fan base regarding certain things . . . kind of like a bunch of friends sitting around in a living room discussing stuff about PM and there is a pats fan in the room with a Bruschi shirt burping and eating popcorn and being a little disruptive, . . . and these boards are like a virtual living room . . .

in sum, i think it is nice, and not necessarily weird, to have opposing fans on the board, there is a NFL general, many times the topic relate to other teams, nice to see another's perspective, and nice to talk to others that one might not get at his/her local pub etc . . .

regarding the topic . . . :yes: i hoping the pats can end up equal to or north of 12 wins . . . hopefully, if we have the good fortune to make the playoffs, that we can get past the first round . . . :hello:

regarding the topic . . . :yes: i hoping the pats can end up equal to or north of 12 wins . . . hopefully, if we have the good fortune to make the playoffs, that we can get past the first round . . . :hello:

I suspect we do much better in the playoffs this year IF we get there which you must do first.

Indy? not in our way

Jets? always a pain. (btw I'm going to that game:)

SD? always a danger

Buffalo? oh...where's our Buffalo friend? hiding under the table? ;-)

Who eles am I missing?

Oh the Texas Kings of course:)

NFC gotta be tougher than the AFC this year. Only elite team left in the AFC is NE.

I suspect we do much better in the playoffs this year IF we get there which you must do first.

Indy? not in our way

Jets? always a pain. (btw I'm going to that game:)

SD? always a danger

Buffalo? oh...where's our Buffalo friend? hiding under the table? ;-)

Who eles am I missing?

Oh the Texas Kings of course:)

NFC gotta be tougher than the AFC this year. Only elite team left in the AFC is NE.

yah as it stands now i think we got the edge on most teams in the AFC . . . also, as always, we play our peers, SD< Pitt, Indy and Jets twice, so in those five games we have control of our own destiny . . . if we take care of business in those 5 games, it it going to be tough for those team to get a higher seed then us as a win is basically a 2 game swing . . .

glad that the SD game is at home, would be nice to sneak out a win in that game early in the season . . . Indy is at home which helps and we see Pitt after our bye, so we kind of have an edge in those three games . . . we of coarse are home and home with the jets so no read advantage . . .

also if we make the playoffs, i do have some confidence that we would get any ill effects from the prior two one and dones . . . in '09 we really could beat our peers and not too surprised that we got smoke in the first round, especially after welker went down . . . and last year our team was young and not that experience in the playoffs and the game was basically the jets SB . . .

glad to see u are able to go to the jet game, should be fun . . .

the big ? for me is the jets? then have the talen to do really well . . .so on one hand they could give us a good run . . , then at the same time they did eek out a few lucky games last year, so if those games dont go their way this year, it might be tough for the jets . . .

i just hope we can bring out 'A' game against those above mentioned 5 games . . .

Guest BlueShoe

Blueshoe, I see some of your points . . . that not all fans agree on the team "home" boards, but on some critical points which fall along party lines; for example, the TB & PM comparisons, the home boards will likely fall along party lines . . . so to that extent, it nice to cross party lines, cross the isle and see how the other side thinks . . .

. . . and as D13 said, for the most part the people i associate in person here in Mass. are all pats fans, except for a Raider fan at a local Stop & Shop, a few others . . . so for me coming here is great as one can exchanges ideas and thoughts with a bunch of fans of another team . . . also fun to see what other teams are up to . . . and look at it this way if it wasn't for these boards, the only outlet i know of and thus would only have regarding all things colts would be Bob Kravitz :popcorn:, coupling that with the likes of Jamie Dukes, Denion Sanders, Rod "the colts aren't going to the make the playoffs this year" Woodsen, and Chris Collinsworth :hmm: , you can see how it is nice to come to a board and hear perhaps a different view on things . . .

. . . and for me this is the only board i got too, with the limited exception of brief stops on the Ravens, Steelers and Jets boards . . . i guess as Indy is our long standing rival (along with Pitt), it is only natural for one to gravitate towards ones rival's fans and news, i came too the old, old, old board orginally . . . and perhaps too these reasons are why some other Pats fans come here . . .

also, i think it is refreshing to get another fans view point . . .

i am sorry to hear that you have had negative experience with respect to pats fan in the past . . . that is too bad and can see how it might of given a bad taste in you mouth . . .

also, i can see your point of sometimes just wanting to talk amongst your own fan base regarding certain things . . . kind of like a bunch of friends sitting around in a living room discussing stuff about PM and there is a pats fan in the room with a Bruschi shirt burping and eating popcorn and being a little disruptive, . . . and these boards are like a virtual living room . . .

in sum, i think it is nice, and not necessarily weird, to have opposing fans on the board, there is a NFL general, many times the topic relate to other teams, nice to see another's perspective, and nice to talk to others that one might not get at his/her local pub etc . . .

You might be a nice guy, but you’re doing the same thing that every other Pats fan has ever done on a Colts board. You’re trying to justify a reason as to why you should even be here (On a Colts board). There is no justification for it. Just my opinion.

Like I said, I don’t make the rules. I just don’t respect Pats fans who build homes on Colts boards. It’s all trolling dude and you and I both know it. Just because you and a few of your buddies have figured out how not to get banned through using several different monikers over the years, doesn’t mean that you’re not trolling. Any Pats fan who goes to a Colts board and uses the word “we” to describe the Pats is trolling. Because “we” collectively are Colts fans as it says in the address bar above.

The bottom line is that you know and I know why you’re really here and it isn’t to make friends. Congrats on tricking some Colts fans into believing that you are actually here to be their friends and talk football with them. You’re here for one reason only and that is to talk about your team the Pats and how you think they are a better team than the Colts. That’s fine that you believe that, but talking about it on a Colts board is trolling no matter how nicely you try to say it.

Guest BlueShoe

Big difference here...its moderated (for all fans BTW). Indy Star wasn't hence the junk board. All fans are welcomed here as long as they obey the rules.

Also don't take it so seriously and you'll smile more:)

The Indy Star was the most active NFL board on the internet at one time. Sure opposing fans would come but they would only troll for the week of the game and then they would leave. Pats fans never left. Pats fans did the same thing to the Carolina board a few years before they destroyed the Indy Star board. The Carolina board was actually shut down because of Pats fans.

And I am smiling because your butt is here in the NFL General section of this board.

You might be a nice guy, but you’re doing the same thing that every other Pats fan has ever done on a Colts board.

...edited for length...

but talking about it on a Colts board is trolling no matter how nicely you try to say it.

the biggest reason they are here is because this is an enjoyable board. you can actually talk about football here without (too much) juvenile chest thumping that is commonplace on most team forums

The Indy Star was the most active NFL board on the internet at one time. Sure opposing fans would come but they would only troll for the week of the game and then they would leave. Pats fans never left. Pats fans did the same thing to the Carolina board a few years before they destroyed the Indy Star board.

the indystar board was essentially unmoderated. that's the star's fault, not patriot fans. any board will go into the toilet under those circumstances

Guest BlueShoe

I do have to say, the concept of any teams message board being 'only for' that teams fans is a foreign one to me.

Maybe you have totally overlooked the theme of Colts around here. I can't see how you would really miss all of the Colts logos and Colts topics. There is a theme here. In fact the URL to this thread is even:

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/1075-as-much-as-i-hate-to-say-this-the-patriots-will-be-the-best-team-in-the-afc-next-year/

Yeah I am not sure how you're missing any of that at all.

I think it’s just more of that Pats fan” justification for being on a Colts board” thinking.

Guest BlueShoe

the biggest reason they are here is because this is an enjoyable board. you can actually talk about football here without (too much) juvenile chest thumping that is commonplace on most team forums

Is that why they were at the IndyStar too? I am sure it was enjoyable. lol

Don't let these guys fool you man. If they had full rein here like they had on the IndyStar then they would use it. Don't think for one second they wouldn't. They have done that and proved that.

the indystar board was essentially unmoderated. that's the star's fault, not patriot fans. any board will go into the toilet under those circumstances

While it is true that board needed to be more moderated and sectioned off, it doesn't excuse the infestation of Pats fans. In my book, it goes down to a person’s moral being and self-core. It’s measurable and if you think these guys here would be in check like they are now if things were like they were back at the Indy Star then please rethink that. These guys are only choosing their words well because they will get banned if they don’t. That’s just the cold hard truth. And they aren’t here to make Colts friends. They’re only here to irritate us.

It’s all trolling. They are just that good at it. After all, they did invent it and as a group they have shut several boards down in their paths.

Is that why they were at the IndyStar too? I am sure it was enjoyable. lol

It's all trolling. They are just that good at it. After all, they did invent it and as a group they have shut several boards down in their paths.

it seems like you are painting too broad of a stroke. they are welcome here as long as the follow the rules. and even some good natured trolling is welcome

our patriot fan mod JJ is a closet colt fan and has a serious man crush on peyton manning lol

Guest BlueShoe

Blue Shoe, get a clue. The Parriots fans on this board have been here for 5+ years.

You haven't been, clearly.

I have been on all and every Colts boards since 1995 and I have seen very clearly what's going on. And here it is tamed only because of the moderation of the board.

Fact: Any fan that spends regular time on another team’s board is either:

1. A fan of that team

2. A troll

3. Has no dog in the fight (Too soon?)

It’s just common sense.

Guest BlueShoe

All of your paranoia ....

Yeah, you are on a Colts board with an avatar of Belichick wearing three rings. That's not trolling at all. :rollseyes:

You might be a nice guy, but you’re doing the same thing that every other Pats fan has ever done on a Colts board. You’re trying to justify a reason as to why you should even be here (On a Colts board). There is no justification for it. Just my opinion.

Like I said, I don’t make the rules. I just don’t respect Pats fans who build homes on Colts boards. It’s all trolling dude and you and I both know it. Just because you and a few of your buddies have figured out how not to get banned through using several different monikers over the years, doesn’t mean that you’re not trolling. Any Pats fan who goes to a Colts board and uses the word “we” to describe the Pats is trolling. Because “we” collectively are Colts fans as it says in the address bar above.

The bottom line is that you know and I know why you’re really here and it isn’t to make friends. Congrats on tricking some Colts fans into believing that you are actually here to be their friends and talk football with them. You’re here for one reason only and that is to talk about your team the Pats and how you think they are a better team than the Colts. That’s fine that you believe that, but talking about it on a Colts board is trolling no matter how nicely you try to say it.

Blueshoe, I think you need a little more faith in humanity . . . plan and simple . . . you can't have a perfect world or a perfect internet and message board . . . as I indicated and reference in my prior post, what we have here is a internet living room where a bunch fans come together to discussed football . . . and yah sometimes it is fun just to talk about your favorite players just amongst your friends . . . now you can easily do that week to week by just inviting your friends over to your house, so you can controll that, and not invite that Pats fan with the dirty Bruschi jersay to your home . . . sadly you can not do that with the internet . . . and perhaps there are times when some might just like to discuss something about there favorite team or player and not see a zinger or something less than a zinger in the conversation . . . but you just gotta rely on the descretion of the person that might have a difference of opinion and that the same will hold back . . . that is the guy in the Bruschi jersay making an off comment, you just gotta rely on him having the discretion . . .

the problem is, unlike ones abilty to not invite that Bruschi fan to your house next Sunday, one can not control the invitation on the internet . . . the only way to do so is to completely eliminate all fans of other teams, which if possible, might make for a somewhat one sided discussion . . . this would be in effect the same as permanently not inviting that Bruschi fan to your house, which you would probably not want to do as you might want to talk to him here and there throughout the season . . . I am sure we all have fans from other teams that we see in person and enjoy their company here and there and would not want to completely shut them off for our interaction . . .problem with the internet it is a open door 24/7 and can't not be controlled as much inter personal interaction . . .

so bottom line you have to accept the venue (i.e. internet) with its pluses (get to talk to an unlimited amount of colts fans and from different locations thoughout the world) with the minues (have a 24/7 open door to that Bruschi fan) . . . it is just how it is . . .

and if you have faith in humanity and your Bruschi fan friend . . . they will know enough to when not the burp or jump into a conversation (in person or internet) when the colts fans are enjoy a good ole' PM gots 4 MVPS, Reggie the man, etc . . .

yes you will alway have the internet thud, hiding behind his computer screen, iching to throw out a slam against your favorite team or player, and even get your fellow regular opponent fans send out a zipper or a comment not well place . . . but overall the benefit you gain from other fans, who mostly interact with discretion, will outwiegh those occasional internet thugs and the few times those regular fans go a little off base . . .

and yes i do like to come here and get into a good ole' back and forth discussion, but at the same time i enjoy and put my input on things that might be more in line with the colts fan line of thinking . . .the same can be true for the other regular pats fan on this board and the ones that have endeared throw the several board changes . . .

Guest BlueShoe

last time i had bruschi jersey guy over, he drank all my beer, became incoherently belligerent, & self righteous

never again!

lol

See. Now equate that to a message board. ;)

I have been on all and every Colts boards since 1995 and I have seen very clearly what's going on. And here it is tamed only because of the moderation of the board.

Fact: Any fan that spends regular time on another team’s board is either:

1. A fan of that team

2. A troll

3. Has no dog in the fight (Too soon?)

It’s just common sense.

You've been on every Colts board, and yet you haven't been on the MAIN Colts board that's been around forever?

Uh huh.

This place has always had fans of other teams' on it.

The two main Patriot boards that I visit are the same.

Same with the main Eagles board.

just the cold hard truth. And they aren’t here to make Colts friends. They’re only here to irritate us.

It’s all trolling. They are just that good at it. After all, they did invent it and as a group they have shut several boards down in their paths.

Lets see. I have lot of friends on this board. More than you. Some I've known for years. Others I've met personally. One got me tickets direct from NFL because she knew someone for the pats-colts 04 playoff game. Colt fans came up here, colts and pats we knew HERE met in person, partied, tailgated, and had a lot of "memorable fun. The experience was greater than the game result. Go figure.

Of course these people had more of an opened mind than the typical I hate these fans blah blah.

Again, this isn't Indystar so perhaps you're better off served not comparing it.

Stick around and make some friends.

Bottom line..read the rules..all fans are welcomed.

it seems like you are painting too broad of a stroke. they are welcome here as long as the follow the rules. and even some good natured trolling is welcome

our patriot fan mod JJ is a closet colt fan and has a serious man crush on peyton manning lol

Yes and I have a PM doll to prove it:) I pet it when he does bad and smack it when he does good. :wave:

Guest BlueShoe

Bottom line..read the rules..all fans are welcomed.

Bottom line is that I have clearly stated that I don't make nor do I enforce the rules.

Bottom line is that I have clearly stated that I don't make nor do I enforce the rules.

No worries. There is no trolling,insults, etc allowed by pats fans...or Jags..or colts..or any fans or non-fans.

We tend to be a little equal around here;)