Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fleener & Allen are listed

Dr. T

On the official roster on Colts.com, which only means one thing: they have signed and it has not been announced yet. I don't think the team can list them on the roster if they are not signed. For example, Luck's name was not listed on that roster until he signed his contract. Hopefully we will hear today that both are singed sealed and delivered.

I posted on this a while ago.

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/8842-luck-fleener-and-allen-on-coltscom-roster/

Luck, Allen and Fleener have been on the roster for a couple weeks now. It doesn't mean they are signed, it just means the marketing team put them on the site. I got all excited too...but they HAVE to get Fleener and Allen signed today or else they won't be able to report to camp tomorrow.

I really think all these teams talk to each other. Pretty much finding out how much they are going to pay each round. And if they don't give, then the team just waits and signs them as late as possible. IMO, that is why Luck was signed after RGIII.

I really think all these teams talk to each other. Pretty much finding out how much they are going to pay each round. And if they don't give, then the team just waits and signs them as late as possible. IMO, that is why Luck was signed after RGIII.

I'm pretty sure with the new CBA salaries for rookies are pretty well set. I think the only things that could be holding it up is the verbage in the contract and possibly the amount guarenteed?

I'm pretty sure with the new CBA salaries for rookies are pretty well set. I think the only things that could be holding it up is the verbage in the contract and possibly the amount guarenteed?

802 is correct here....

Dollars are slotted. Every position. We're down to things like the amount guaranteed or not. There's some wiggle room there, but not enough to make a huge difference, unless one party is getting silly.... but one would think no one is at this point....

I'll be happy when the day is done and the contracts are signed.

With the new slotting system I find it get suprising that our 2nd 3rd picks have yet to be signed. I find myself wondering if we have the actual $ to sign them. I can't imagine a 2/3 getting a whole lot of guaranteed $, so i am curious if that is the actual reason.

Anyone know the status of other 2nd 3rd picks throughout the league?

With the new slotting system I find it get suprising that our 2nd 3rd picks have yet to be signed. I find myself wondering if we have the actual $ to sign them. I can't imagine a 2/3 getting a whole lot of guaranteed $, so i am curious if that is the actual reason.

Anyone know the status of other 2nd 3rd picks throughout the league?

I would be shocked if the Colts didn't have cap room to sign their 2nd and 3rd round picks. More than shocked ... stunned ? ....flabbergasted ? Otherwords I don't think this is the case. I would bet one american dollar to a donut that they will both be in camp when it starts tomorrow.

We've got the money. Having the money is NOT the issue. That's not the concern.

What's the expression? "The devil is in the details".... that's the devil we're dealing with now. The details. The fine print. The stuff none of reads when we're buying something like a house or a car... the fine print.

Well... these guys have agents and they're going over everything. Especially how much is guaranteed. And, perhaps (though I don't know) even off-set language. (I haven't heard that this is an issue for draft picks not taken in the 1st round)

Still lots of time to get it done today.... or even early tomorrow morning... (though that would annoy me!)

From what I am looking at, that doesn't seem to be the case.....

Cap is set at $120.6....

According to that site, we've spent $120.2.....

And it doesnt list Moore contract.

http://www.spotrac.c...-colts/cap-hit/

I can't help you.... we had a thread on this about a month ago.... showing we were well under the cap... that there was PLENTY of room for Luck/Fleener/Allen. It wasn't even close. I don't pretend to know how good or not good this information you linked is....

But I think there is ZERO chance of a cap issue here. Grigson and Irsay would not have mismanaged things like that. No chance. And if by some chance they had, we will soon here/read about it.

I'm really very confident of this... teams are rarely that close up against the cap. They get close, but not THAT close.

Hopefully, we'll all know in less than 24 hours....

I can't help you.... we had a thread on this about a month ago.... showing we were well under the cap... that there was PLENTY of room for Luck/Fleener/Allen. It wasn't even close. I don't pretend to know how good or not good this information you linked is....

But I think there is ZERO chance of a cap issue here. Grigson and Irsay would not have mismanaged things like that. No chance. And if by some chance they had, we will soon here/read about it.

I'm really very confident of this... teams are rarely that close up against the cap. They get close, but not THAT close.

Hopefully, we'll all know in less than 24 hours....

After looking at those #s, Im not sure where there is an error, from the looks of it, they have accounted for everything. Salaries, Bonus, Dead Cap, and the Add. Cap $ from Dal/Wash.....