Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Colts Preview to make you Laugh.....

NewColtsFan

We will just have to wait and see if they are right, if people were to look at it objectively, they would see position by position

Quarterback-a rookie who it seems to have all the skills just has to gain experience, projects to be a franchise player

Running Back-will our #1 running back please stand up? thats going to be a committee job, also it should be noted how well they do also depends on a great deal how well our O Line is at opening up holes and running lanes

Two Tight Ends-promising, athletic, has speed but unproven

Wide Receivers- Reggie is still very good but not a deep threat, Collie is good but not a deep threat, Avery is a deep threat but can he stay healthy, TY Hilton talented deep threat but can he stay healthy

Left Tackle-Castonzo I hope shows much improvement from last year or Luck has no chance

we dont even know who our starting Guards will be

Center-Satele-that looks set, a physical road grader who is good at pass blocking as well

Right Tackle-Justice had promise coming out of college but hasnt lived up to it

Defensive End- Cory Redding, knows Paganos system and is talented, Moala-who I thought was a defensive end all along has a chance to prove he can play-Im optimistic he will show better as a defensive end

Nose Tackle-If Chapman is healthy and has all the strength in the ACL then we should be fine their but hes also a rookie

Outside Linebackers Freeney and Mathis, excellent at defensive end and will be pass rushing most of time could prove to be great in the 3-4 or a flop

Middle Linebacker-Angerer, we are set their it appears, among the league leaders in tackles, plays with intensity and looks to be a tackling machine

Corners-a HUGE weakness and I dont look for alot of improvement their this year, Powers is decent but a #2, Thomas is a nickel Corner at best in my opinion

we have talent but alot of unproven players but also lack some talent at some key positions

You don't see Nevis or McKinney at NT? And you left out Connor for the MLB. I dont think he would like that lol

You don't see Nevis or McKinney at NT? And you left out Connor for the MLB. I dont think he would like that lol

I think Mckinney will be the back up of Chapman is healthy or he will start if Chapman isnt healthy but Nevis was great in college and could work in the 3-4 at Nose Tackle but I just like the idea o him coming in to play defensive end, if I had to guess then I think that would be the position that he would get the most time at but obviously just a guess based on how explosive he is

I think Mckinney will be the back up of Chapman is healthy or he will start if Chapman isnt healthy but Nevis was great in college and could work in the 3-4 at Nose Tackle but I just like the idea o him coming in to play defensive end, if I had to guess then I think that would be the position that he would get the most time at but obviously just a guess based on how explosive he is

Yeah, I'm putting him at DE in the other Forum that just got started about the Pre-Training Camp Predictions lol

[media=]

haha that's Crazy how I just watched this Vid after I made the post about checking him out & now you post it :lol: . But yeah, he's Good & Fast. Connor may be competing for the other ILB Spot. He may also be rotated in the OLB Rotation too since he has Speed

Well I guess I'm just being cautious. Especially since all the teams people expect us to beat this year beat us last year...including Jacksonville sweeping us. Division games are always tough. I wouldn't be so sure Houston has it wrapped up by the time we see them either especially with a first place schedule...I think Tennessee will surprise a lot of people. We have never been able to slow down Jacksonville's run game and now that they have legitimate threats at wideout they are becoming more well rounded. Cleveland upgraded at QB and RB and continue to have a tough tough defense. All I am saying is NOTHING will come easy to us. There is not a single game on the schedule I see us as more than a touchdown favorite. Minnesota and Miami I expect us to win but wouldn't be shocked if we didn't.

I just don't think the belief that we will be a last place team in our division is baseless. I believe we will win more games than they expect but I don't blame them for believing that. Everything changes when the new season starts but in my mind we have a lot to prove after being the worst team in the league. I know they say everyone is 0-0 but until we win games in my mind we are the worst team in the league and the Giants are still the champs.

To the bolded, that's the reason I've been looking for areas where we'll be better than we were last year. The two areas that doomed us most were coaching and quarterbacking, in that order. And those ::knock on wood:: will be better this season. Not top five in the NFL, but hopefully not bottom five either. So the fact that the moribund Jaguars swept the moribund Colts isn't really relevant to what happens next season.

Add to that the trend in the NFL that sees records and playoff qualifiers turned upside down every year (an average of five new playoffs teams each season here lately), and then you throw in coaching changes and injuries, and the previous year's records and standings and matchups are mostly irrelevant. When you have a veteran team with veteran leadership and good quarterbacking that doesn't play down to their opponents (like the Pats, or like the Colts for several seasons), you can expect a good showing every week. But that really doesn't apply to any teams in our division; maybe the Texans, we'll see, but they've been inconsistent throughout Kubiak's tenure. It's certainly not the Jags, so the fact that they swept us last year doesn't have any bearing on this year.

You seem to be giving a lot of credence to other team's improvements, but are more skeptical about ours. I get that, being so close. It's hard to find balance between being cautious and being overly optimistic. That's why I'm not predicting wins and losses. But if Cleveland upgraded at quarterback with Brandon Weeden, didn't we upgrade at quarterback? Jacksonville's young wideouts are just as unproven as ours are, and Blaine Gabbert isn't exactly wowing anyone.

NOTHING will be easy. We won't be favored very often, especially not by more than a touchdown; only the very best teams are, and usually only against the very worst teams. But, like you, I don't expect us to be as bad as we were last season. I'll be disappointed if we are, because it will probably mean that we didn't choose the right coach(es).

I agree Superman. I am very guarded about my expectations. Certainly we have upgraded qb...even if Luck plays like Tim Couch we still have upgraded. We have made so many changes I just don't know which ones I can count on as being sure they will work. Change doesn't always mean success. We may actually get worse on defense. Our line may look even worse. I don't believe that but even to say we get better doesn't mean we win more games than we lose. Considering how bad I thought we looked last year and the players we brought in....I just think it is going to take more than what we have done to be even a 500 team. The great thing is the game isn't played on paper but the field...and we can be greater than the sum of our parts. I hope for a good season. I expect us to beat a couple teams we shouldn't (perhaps Texans or Buffalo) and I expect we need to win games against Jacksonville and Cleveland and Miami and Minnesota...but I realize we probably lose one or two of those we shouldn't too...so in the end I still end up 4-12. Maybe a win more or one less.

We have made so many changes I just don't know which ones I can count on as being sure they will work. Change doesn't always mean success.

... even to say we get better doesn't mean we win more games than we lose. Considering how bad I thought we looked last year and the players we brought in....I just think it is going to take more than what we have done to be even a 500 team.

I agree with all that. It would take a lot of things going right for us to win eight games. Can't count on all those things going right, especially after almost everything went wrong.

OK.....

Disclosure up front.... I don't read Sports Illustrated nearly as much these days as i did when I was younger....

Its' still a good reputable magazine, but I find more and more writers (at least on the website) who have me scratching my head....

So, with that said, I now offer you this.... some writer who I have never read before offers up a preview of the Colts 2012 season.

In a nutshell he says even with Luck we're headed for a train wreck season. Doesn't rule out 0-16. Says we've got a good shot at the #1 pick in the draft next year. Seriously.

http://nfl.si.com/20.../?sct=nfl_wr_a1

It's not a long or hard read.... and I always recommend reading stuff like this, even if only for the laughs. But this is complete nonsense. The writer must have spent at least 10-15 minutes researching and writing this. Holy smokes....

:bored::wall::facepalm:

dang, that's some serious off season smack talk. Book mark it and see if you can find any trace of it after the season starts.

my past experience is........they post this stuff..............to get people riled up.

then they take it down so it cannot be used against them.

blah blah blah

Ehh. I'm not sure I'd say it's awful, really. I honestly agree with most of what he said. Jacob Lacey being a key loss is the only thing that made me chuckle. We're putting all our eggs into Andrew Luck on offense, with very little help. (I'm sorry, but Reggie Wayne, Austin Collie, Donnie Avery, and a bunch of rookies don't exactly inspire fear into the heart of defenses). Our defense also solely relies on Freeney and Mathis being able to adjust to the OLB position. I'm fairly confident they'll be able too, but I still have my reservations on that.

I don't exactly think we'll be sniffing 0-16 this year, but I'd be pleasantly surprised if this team manages to win 6 games next year.

Will Freeman be opposite of Conner at OLB when in a 4-3?

That's an excellent question, one that probably won't be considered in depth until camp. But I would assume that the majority of time we're using a four-down alignment, we'll be in nickel or dime coverage.

[media=]

WOW I am pretty Impressed by this guy If i dont say. He looks to good speed and seems to scrape really well and also looks to be able to cover as well and make plays on the ball in the pass game. Showed some rush ability and decent at tackling. This Guy could be a diamond in the rough with some good coaching. Conner and Hughes better be ready because this guy if nothing else could bring some serious competition and add some good depth. I like this guys potential alot actually.