Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Fan Forum League (Andy246)

Andy

Howdy!

John Dee and I thought it would be a great idea to have Colts Fan Forum fantasy football league. It would take place on Yahoo, and we would have 12 teams. That's not 100% sure about the teams, but we're pretty certain it's 12.

So, this is just a vague summary of what's going to happen, and we'll have a live draft soon.

If you want in, then just post in this thread saying that you want in. Updates will be posted here. There are 10 spots open. It's first come, first serve. Let's try to have a nice mix of veteran members and new members!

Cheers,

Andy246

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in too--out of interest, when do teams cut their roster to the magic 53?

Just before the season starts, but don't worry, none of the guys you draft will get cut. The 200th ranked player is Steven Ridley, and he won't get cut. It goes to show you that you don't have to worry about your players being cut.

I would but I choose to wait a week before the season starts incase of injury I.e. Peyton Manning :( wasted first round pick. #10

Well, if you want to join, you should join now. Once we get the whole league together, we can decide on changing the draft date, which is something I'm not against.

Thinking about it. I never did FF.

Hey, try it out for one season Stryker...it's pretty cool.

The biggest challenge for me is turning off my Colts homerism...not only when the fantasy league draft happens, but also when I'm forced to root for my non-Colts fantasy team players to do well even when I'm not, shall we say, terrible fond of them.

It definitely makes the out of town games a little more interesting though....which in turn helps me rationalize paying that stupid $350 bucks a season for DirecTV Sunday Ticket. :)

Hey, try it out for one season Stryker...it's pretty cool.

The biggest challenge for me is turning off my Colts homerism...not only when the fantasy league draft happens, but also when I'm forced to root for my non-Colts fantasy team players to do well even when I'm not, shall we say, terrible fond of them.

It definitely makes the out of town games a little more interesting though....which in turn helps me rationalize paying that stupid $350 bucks a season for DirecTV Sunday Ticket. :)

That's the problem I face. I always wanted to play, but always feel I would draft bad based on fanism. What the heck, I'll join.

Can we use any team name, or do we prefer our forum names?

Thanks for joining guys!

We've got a full league...

Here's my proposal... if everyone's for it, we could have 16 teams in the league with 4 divisions (Unitas, Harbaugh, Manning and Luck). I'm not voting but if we have a majority, we can do it.

That's the problem I face. I always wanted to play, but always feel I would draft bad based on fanism. What the heck, I'll join.

Can we use any team name, or do we prefer our forum names?

I'm just using the Yahoo FF name i've had there for a while....or your forum name is fine too.

As far as drafting your favorite players it can cut both ways....Manning to Harrison 8-9 years ago made perfect sense but there are alot of pretty good fantasy information resources online that can help you evaluate players.

The one thing you want to pay attention to when you draft is the bye weeks of the players you select because if you draft too many guys with the same bye week it can send you scrambling for backups and perhaps force you to release a superior player.

Try Yahoo's mock fantasy drafts for practice...you'll get good at it.

Either way just have fun with it.

Thanks for joining guys!

Here's my proposal... if everyone's for it, we could have 16 teams in the league with 4 divisions (Unitas, Harbaugh, Manning and Luck). I'm not voting but if we have a majority, we can do it.

How many do we have now Andy?

If we have exactly 12 now and there are no more folks interested then I'm fine with 12.

I think 12 is an optimum number for quality starters and still having to do some homework for our backups. 16 teams gets a little convoluted....but if the majority votes for 16 then I'm okay with it too.

Thinking about it. I never did FF.

Oh... please do.. I will gladly enjoy educating you.

How many do we have now Andy?

If we have exactly 12 now and there are no more folks interested then I'm fine with 12.

I think 12 is an optimum number for quality starters and still having to do some homework for our backups. 16 teams gets a little convoluted....but if the majority votes for 16 then I'm okay with it too.

12 is fine. 16 is WAY too many. The waiver wire with 12, depending on roster size, will be slim pickings.

Thanks for joining guys!

NO...