Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sharper?

Blu318

this is fun watching the patriots get better surronding tom brady with talent and we cant even get peyton a o line. colts front office is weak. ridiculus

Why do you think the Colts drafted 2 Olinemen , 1st and 2nd rounds plus drafted 1 last year?

You fear the Pats 2 much.

qft - how many paper champions have lombardis

I can't think of 1 paper champion that actually became champion. Just because ESPN and NFL Net cant shut up about the Pats "sexy" signings doesn't mean its going to improve their team that much. Hayneshisway is washed up and Eight Five isn't really a #1 receiver (still good though)

I have said it once and I will say it again, other than Bethea our secondary is rather unexperienced, and that is what this guy brings he is smart enough to compensate for his "knees" and would say on passing downs this guy can read QB's and plays better than most cordinaters. I would TAKE TAKE TAKE!

I can't think of 1 paper champion that actually became champion. Just because ESPN and NFL Net cant shut up about the Pats "sexy" signings doesn't mean its going to improve their team that much. Hayneshisway is washed up and Eight Five isn't really a #1 receiver (still good though)

I would argue that the Packers were "paper champions" and "real champions". Around Week 3 of last year's pre-season it was going to be either them or the Cowboys hoisting the Lombardi.

He does have busted knees and injury issues, but he played well a couple of seasons ago in New Orleans. He caused a lot of turnovers and was always around the ball. I'm not too sure how he would do in our system. Plus, we already have our starters in Bethea and Bullitt, we need better backups. At this point in his career, I don't think Sharper would be content with being a backup

Apparently Sharper's workout today with the Pats went well. Pats are expected to offer him a contract.

I'm really ok with this. I don't think NO would have let Sharper walk if he was worth the money he was demanding. The fact is, if NE keeps putting age on their defense it will just create opportunities for our young/fast receivers to take advantage of it (Garcon, Collie, White, etc). Gonzo is still pretty fresh too as long as he can keep from getting injured.

You know...the Pats bringing in all these old, washed up, has beens, is really starting to become a joke. It's almost like BB is thinking, "hmmmm, how can I outsmart everyone else in the league?" I am really liking this offseason for them. I thought they sucked at the draft, and then they bring in Haynesworth and Ocho. Now they're looking at Housh and Sharper? I don't know who's running their front office now, but to me it seems like he's trying to look like that Pioli guy who went to KC. You can only bring in so many wiley old veterans and expect to be a powerhouse. It's good to keep some core veterans and look to younger guys to keep the status quo as a football team. Geez why don't they just sign Favre and try to convert him to pass rusher...they need someone to rush the passer this year so maybe they can bring him out of retirement for that.

I like how we've handled our offseason. We got some good players in the draft, and in free agency we got three, still young, former first round draft picks who have been playing in the wrong system but could be strong assets to our team. I know I'm just a fan, but I like to think I know what I'm talking about as far as pro football is concerned, and as a fan I'm really liking our new GM.

Chris Polian for Executive of the Year!!!

Why do you think the Colts drafted 2 Olinemen , 1st and 2nd rounds plus drafted 1 last year?

You fear the Pats 2 much.

why do i think they did this?????? because they drafted 3 ...in the last 3 years before that and wasted draft picks and they all busted out.....thats why. you wanna be sarcastic and rude.....loook at polians track record for drafting lineman......GARBAGE.

we need veteran lineman in here, just like we need veteran guys in the secondary . i dont trust 1st or 2nd year guys going up against braylon edwards 1 on 1 with the season on the line AGAIN.

You know...the Pats bringing in all these old, washed up, has beens, is really starting to become a joke. It's almost like BB is thinking, "hmmmm, how can I outsmart everyone else in the league?" I am really liking this offseason for them. I thought they sucked at the draft, and then they bring in Haynesworth and Ocho. Now they're looking at Housh and Sharper? I don't know who's running their front office now, but to me it seems like he's trying to look like that Pioli guy who went to KC. You can only bring in so many wiley old veterans and expect to be a powerhouse. It's good to keep some core veterans and look to younger guys to keep the status quo as a football team. Geez why don't they just sign Favre and try to convert him to pass rusher...they need someone to rush the passer this year so maybe they can bring him out of retirement for that.

I like how we've handled our offseason. We got some good players in the draft, and in free agency we got three, still young, former first round draft picks who have been playing in the wrong system but could be strong assets to our team. I know I'm just a fan, but I like to think I know what I'm talking about as far as pro football is concerned, and as a fan I'm really liking our new GM.

The vets he has brought in are all low-risk. Say Ocho and Haynesworth both don't work out. He simply releases them and moves on, all he really loses is 3 late round draft picks. The Pats have one of the youngest defenses in the NFL with guys like Mayo, McCourty and Chung. They do have a number of vets, but I don't think they have so many that they are dependent on the vets. They sucked at the draft? They drafted Solder (arguably the 2nd best tackle available), Dowling who is a very good physical corner, a couple of solid RBs and Cannon who would have gone way higher if it wasn't for health issues. Ocho seems rejuvenated and we saw what happened the last time Belichick brought in a "washed up" WR, his QB threw for 50 TDs and Moss had 23 of them.

Say what you want about him, but I would love to have Belichick on my team. He has a very strong understanding of not only the game, but of management issues as well.

Yeah, their draft sucked. Drafted a stud O-lineman who will be the LT of the future, drafted two game-changing RBs, one who is a workhouse, the other who is a great receiver/runner. Drafted possibly the most talented QB of the draft who may be Brady's replacement, drafted a CB who only needs to play in the nickle, because of Bodden and McCourty... They also drafted Marcus Cannon, who was projected to be a 1st round O-linesman until he came down with cancer, and he's now slowly returning to game-form. The steal of the draft.

Yep, they can't draft.

Sharper would be safety insurance. Same with Housh, who would be at least the 3rd or 4th. He'd actually be the 5th-6th option, behind Ocho, Welker, Branch, Hernandez, and Gronkowski.

Too bad Sharper plays Bethea's position. If anything we need to find a backup for Bullitt and not Bethea. He's not as quick as our defense would prefer. Because of this he would solely focus on coverage and not the run as well. I'm against this. I wish there was a CB with experience out there, but I don't think there are so we should be pretty much done with our signings.

Do u really think he cant play the other side of the field from bethea?! Really, what kind of person would honestly think that?

I didn't say he couldn't play the other side of Bethea. He just won't. He's reaching the end of his career and I don't see him switching from strong safety to free safety. The strong safety is usually more involved in stopping the running game, and reading the Tight Ends in coverage. Because Bethea is faster and can cover more ground, he would be a lock for the SS position. Sharper likes to take risks and go for the pick interception during games. That is way too risky imo for the FS position. He is the last line of defense between the WR and the end zone. Especially with virtually unproven corners, I would rather have a strong coverage FS as opposed to a risk taker that can get us burned.

To answer your question, I don't know what kind of person would honestly think Sharper can't switch the side of the field. I know he is physically able, but I also feel he would be a potential liability.