Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Defensive Line

Mouthfire

I'll have to look at the tape again, but the biggest positive I think we saw last night was that we were getting push from the interior of the line, both from Harris and Nevis... and that was without Freeney in the lineup. Nevis, in particular, showed a huge motor.

The importance of this can't be overstated. Consistent push up the middle => disruption in the backfield => improved run and pass defense, making everyone's job easier on defense. I think this will be our most improved aspect this season.

I'll have to look at the tape again, but the biggest positive I think we saw last night was that we were getting push from the interior of the line, both from Harris and Nevis... and that was without Freeney in the lineup. Nevis, in particular, showed a huge motor.

The importance of this can't be overstated. Consistent push up the middle => disruption in the backfield => improved run and pass defense, making everyone's job easier on defense. I think this will be our most improved aspect this season.

Yeah, I think it will be improved. Freeney changes the way the opposing line blocks. Anderson should contribute. Still waiting for the light to come on for Hughes.

While I agree with what you said, I liked the push, and disruption, but I'm worried Freeney isn't going to adjust accordingly. Other teams will adjust and run it away from our middle, and if Freeney continues to over pursue on the outside, then they will just continue running the ball for 5yds a carry, until they reach our LBs.

Hughes still looks absolutely lost out there. He should be showing signs of knowing whats going on, but I just don't see it.

Yeah, I think that's my biggest disappointment of the night. Was expecting more, considering all the hype coming out of training camp.

I actually thought thomas had a good nite. Wheeler looks faster & stronger. The defense had a good game in my opinion considering the offense had them in bad positions most of the nite. So far the defense can only get better. :coltslogo:

EXACTLY HE WAS IN THE GAME AND U DIDNT EVEN NOTICE HIM

I AGREE WATH DA GUIOY TYPING IN ALL CAPS!! RAED ME

Harris did a great job, stop trying to change the colts defense into something it isn't. I noticed Harris, he did a good job penetrating and he along with Nevis were the only two in the game to get a qb pressure stat