Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 05/11

sb41champs

Never saw the point in projections that far ahead myself. Stick to 1 mock NFL draft per year in my book. We are still trying to assess & evaluate the talent we just acquired in April.

For those that enjoy mock drafts, live on it, & thrive on it go right ahead...speculate away to your heart's content.

I think it's fun to speculate, and it depends on what kind of a mock draft (a single team or 1st round mock). Considering most people's mock drafts are more like a wish list than an actual prediction, I don't see the difference in making an 11+ months off one or 3 months off.

Seems rather pointless. I did scan the recent ones before the draft which gave an idea of who was available and how high they were rated, though none of them were completely accurate with outcome. Think they all got the first 2 picks right. Too much time and too many variables to make it accurate or relevant.

It may be pointless at this point, but I suppose analysts like to go back and look at their correct, revised projections as compared to the pre-season projections, just to see how accurate they were, or, perhaps, just for fun.