Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Should Sign Chris Kemeaotu

HtownColt

Colts should sign ex Steelers OG Chris Kemeaotu 6"3 344lbs 29yrs old proven starter in this league and super bowl champ. I feel we could really use him

Castanzo,Keameaotu,Satele,McGlynn,Ijilana

I just don't trust Justice starting that's why I moved Ijilana back at tackle

He Would really solidify our o-line so Grigson make the move lol

Winston Bustice to the rescue!

Do you think Justice and Linkenbach are going to get together and compare the best ways to let the defender get the sack?

Linkenbach: I like to stand there and see which side the guy wants to go, if he is going towards my right shoulder I step off with my left foot while keeping my arms tight to my sides to offer the least amount of resistance as possible.

Justice: I at least like to stand somewhat in front so they have to run around me that way I can still get paid.

Linkenbach: I tried that once but the guy just picked me up and threw me on top of Manning and it kind of hurt my back, so I don't want to do that anymore.

Justice: Listen to me kid, I know what I'm talking about... I gave up 5 sacks in one game.

Linkenbach: That is what I will aspire too, you're my hero.

Do you think Justice and Linkenbach are going to get together and compare the best ways to let the defender get the sack?

Linkenbach: I like to stand there and see which side the guy wants to go, if he is going towards my right shoulder I step off with my left foot while keeping my arms tight to my sides to offer the least amount of resistance as possible.

Justice: I at least like to stand somewhat in front so they have to run around me that way I can still get paid.

Linkenbach: I tried that once but the guy just picked me up and threw me on top of Manning and it kind of hurt my back, so I don't want to do that anymore.

Justice: Listen to me kid, I know what I'm talking about... I gave up 5 sacks in one game.

Oh my..... rotflmao

What if that was a real conversation?

Personally, I think Reitz beats out Justice and is already better than Kemeaotu. Neither guy was as good as him last season and Reitz has very little experience. I expect him to improve. The other two...not so much.

He was a pro bowl alternate this past season so he had to some kind of good

No, he doesn't have to be some kind of good. Here is what the bleedblackandgold.com blog had to say about his being named an alternate
Chris Kemoeatu was named a third alternate at guard for the 2012 Pro Bowl. This just shows that they might as well just let the fans vote because the players are just as bad. Chris Kemoeatu does not even start for his own team. He was benched and only gets in when other guys get hurt. For a player or coach to vote him good enough to be an alternate is just pathetic.

Here is an actual article written by Ed Bouchette (of Colts pump in crowd noise fame)

Chris Kemoeatu' date=' now buried on the depth chart, is a third alternate guard. That means, if for some reason three guards back out, are hurt or their team makes the Super Bowl, Kemo will make the Pro Bowl after first losing his starting job to Doug Legursky and now Trai Essex, who will start there on Sunday in Cleveland.

No, he doesn't have to be some kind of good. Here is what the bleedblackandgold.com blog had to say about his being named an alternate

Here is an actual article written by Ed Bouchette (of Colts pump in crowd noise fame)

He lost his starting job because of injuries.

According to a steelers writer "Kemoeatu had started at guard for the Steelers since the 2008 season and was known as a mauler on the inside in the running game. When healthy, Kemoeatu was a good player, but just couldn't stay healthy the past three seasons."

That just goes to show you the same people that build you up be the same ones to knock you down once you get cut from their team(just like some writers did with addai and bullitt).and he has ties to Bruce Arians

He lost his starting job because of injuries.

Well all I can do with quote people who follow the Steelers. According to them he lost his starting job because of his poor play. See the two mentioned above. Also

http://www.steelersd...chris-kemoeatu/

http://steelcurtainr...tu-benched.html

http://www.nationalf...d-Kemoeatu.html

I like that last one because it quotes Kemoeatu as for his reasons for getting benched.

Veteran guard Chris Kemoeatu has been demoted as well, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

They kind of talked to me about it today," said Kemoeatu, the Steelers' highest-paid offensive lineman. "I haven't been playing well enough, I guess.

"I feel like I've had some bad games. I didn't think they were bad enough to probably get demoted, but it is what it is."

According to a steelers writer "Kemoeatu had started at guard for the Steelers since the 2008 season and was known as a mauler on the inside in the running game. When healthy, Kemoeatu was a good player, but just couldn't stay healthy the past three seasons."
Can you provide a link to the steelers writer because I have done a lot of searching and have not read anything like that about Kemoeatu.
That just goes to show you the same people that build you up be the same ones to knock you down once you get cut from their team(just like some writers did with addai and bullitt).and he has ties to Bruce Arians

That would be a good point, except that all the articles I referenced or quoted were written during the season when he was still on the Steelers.

Lastly, since he was available when the Colts signed McGlynn, if Arians liked him don't you think the Colts would have signed him already?

Well all I can do with quote people who follow the Steelers. According to them he lost his starting job because of his poor play. See the two mentioned above. Also

http://www.steelersd...chris-kemoeatu/

http://steelcurtainr...tu-benched.html

http://www.nationalf...d-Kemoeatu.html

I like that last one because it quotes Kemoeatu as for his reasons for getting benched.

Can you provide a link to the steelers writer because I have done a lot of searching and have not read anything like that about Kemoeatu.

That would be a good point, except that all the articles I referenced or quoted were written during the season when he was still on the Steelers.

Lastly, since he was available when the Colts signed McGlynn, if Arians liked him don't you think the Colts would have signed him already?

http://mobile.pittsburgh.sbnation.com/pittsburgh-steelers/2012/3/1/2837757/chris-kemoeatu-released-pittsburgh-steelers

Thanks for the link.

What do you think of the link where Kemoeatu, himself, says that the reason he was demoted was because of his bad play?

Reading more on most say he was their best line just bonehead penalties plus injuries set him back and led to his benching..I'm not looking for a gem I'm looking to fill a void in the line and at least he's somewhat comfortable with Arians offense.

Reading more on most say he was their best line just bonehead penalties plus injuries set him back and led to his benching..I'm not looking for a gem I'm looking to fill a void in the line and at least he's somewhat comfortable with Arians offense.

Really? So you are going to ignore what he said and what numerous others have said?

Okay. Whatever floats your boat.

Colts should sign ex Steelers OG Chris Kemeaotu 6"3 344lbs 29yrs old proven starter in this league and super bowl champ. I feel we could really use him

Castanzo,Keameaotu,Satele,McGlynn,Ijilana

I just don't trust Justice starting that's why I moved Ijilana back at tackle

He Would really solidify our o-line so Grigson make the move lol

Line will look more like this

Castonzo Reitz Satele Ijalana Justice, like it or not people that is your most likely starting o line this year

One, penalties mean bad plays. Two, Kemoeatu said he was benched for bad play. Are you going to ignore what he said about himself?

I just told you his bad plays what you want me to tell you. You want me to read his horoscope as well

Justice signed a one year deal. You don't sign a player to a one year deal if you are planning on him starting, you do that in hopes the he will prove to be starting material.

Example: Cory Reading - 3 year/10.5 million deail with 2.675 million signing bonus penciled in as a starter

McKinney: Two year 2 million dollar contact with 300,000 signing bonus. Possible starter but more likely a role player.

Justice: One year, 1.5M with 500,000 signing bonus - Will be given every opportunity to complete for the starting position will have to earn it in TC, if he does, great, if not, no long term harm

McGlynn: 2 year 1.95 million - Probable starter but if someone else proves better will be a good back up for a couple of year and then released.

Avery - 1 year 615,000 - Last chance to stay in the NFL. Must prove he has something left.

He is a run blocking smashmouth which what pagano wants to do

at least he's somewhat comfortable with Arians offense.

These two arguments do not go together. I really hope the offense is more Arians than Pagano smashmouth. I think Pagano will do wonders for the D but has absolutely zero experience on the offensive side of the ball and has just been spouting "run the ball, stop the run" rhetoric. Sure we are and may continue to see a shift in types of linemen under the new regime, but I highly doubt the Colts are going to be a smashmouth, run first offense moving forward under the leadership of Arians and Luck (this is not Arians MO and would be a waste of Luck's talents). If they are, it is going to be a long few years. Now, I really hope that they can run when needed, but that is different than smashmouth, run first.

Also, Kemeaotu was demoted because of injuries and poor play in an Arians offense. If anything, his ties to Arians are a bad, not good, thing.

No, just want to you quit acting like he's a) a good player and b) he lost his starting job because of injuries.

he is a good player he starting 3 straight seasons and started and won a superbowl he just took a major step back last year I'm pretty sure he can bounce back after that wake up call last year

These two arguments do not go together. I really hope the offense is more Arians than Pagano smashmouth. I think Pagano will do wonders for the D but has absolutely zero experience on the offensive side of the ball and has just been spouting "run the ball, stop the run" rhetoric. Sure we are and may continue to see a shift in types of linemen under the new regime, but I highly doubt the Colts are going to be a smashmouth, run first offense moving forward under the leadership of Arians and Luck (this is not Arians MO and would be a waste of Luck's talents). If they are, it is going to be a long few years. Now, I really hope that they can run when needed, but that is different than smashmouth, run first.

Also, Kemeaotu was demoted because of injuries and poor play in an Arians offense. If anything, his ties to Arians are a bad, not good, thing.

Y'all are just looking at his previous season where he took a major step back.

But what about his past 3 seasons before that and his superbowl victory and he was made the highest paid olineman for a reason they would have signed to that much money if he was a scrub he just had a horrible season last year he can bounce back

Y'all are just looking at his previous season where he took a major step back.

But what about his past 3 seasons before that and his superbowl victory and he was made the highest paid olineman for a reason they would have signed to that much money if he was a scrub he just had a horrible season last year he can bounce back

You may be right, and I'm not saying the Colts should absolutely avoid signing him because, in all honesty, I do not know that much about the guy. What I do know is that he couldn't stay in the starting line-up last year for a pretty bad offensive line blocking for Arains' scheme.

he is a good player he starting 3 straight seasons and started and won a superbowl he just took a major step back last year I'm pretty sure he can bounce back after that wake up call last year

I apologize, it wasn't fair for me to say that, you can think he's a good player all you want. But quit acting like he lost his job because of injuries. Last year was not a fluke. He has slow feet, he's slow out of his stance, like the one "positive: piece you could find stated he has not been healthy for 3 years, he's not very strong and his technique is pretty bad.

You do realize that smashmouth, run first was the exact type of offense that was run at Stanford that Luck excelled in right? I'm not saying he can't run and/or excel in a different type of offense but I don't really get the "that type of offense would be a waste of Luck's talent" argument considering that is exactly the type of offense Luck excelled in this past year.

:)

haha that's epic. I envisioned them conversing with eachother at a steak house while reading that.

Personally, I think Reitz beats out Justice and is already better than Kemeaotu. Neither guy was as good as him last season and Reitz has very little experience. I expect him to improve. The other two...not so much.

I believe Reitz has a huge upside just because of his athleticism.Lets see what he can do this year give him a chance.

You do realize that smashmouth, run first was the exact type of offense that was run at Stanford that Luck excelled in right? I'm not saying he can't run and/or excel in a different type of offense but I don't really get the "that type of offense would be a waste of Luck's talent" argument considering that is exactly the type of offense Luck excelled in this past year.

:)

I do realize that and comparing the college to the NFL is apples to oranges. However, if we do want to go down that road, we watched Stanford lose Luck's final game because they opted to run in key situations, resulting in missed field goals, instead of let Luck try to make a play with his arm/legs. So yes, Stanford did "waste his talent" because the staff did not take full advantage of it in key situations when they stuck with the run first mentality. If Luck is who we all think he is (and is not Alex Smith) then the Colts running a Stanford-type offense defies logic because it will hold back his ability to impact the game at the level he is capable of.

I do realize that and comparing the college to the NFL is apples to oranges. However, if we do want to go down that road, we watched Stanford lose Luck's final game because they opted to run in key situations, resulting in missed field goals, instead of let Luck try to make a play with his arm/legs. So yes, Stanford did "waste his talent" because the staff did not take full advantage of it in key situations when they stuck with the run first mentality. If Luck is who we all think he is (and is not Alex Smith) then the Colts running a Stanford-type offense defies logic because it will hold back his ability to impact the game at the level he is capable of.

Troy Aikman only threw over 20 TDs in a season one time in his career so would you say the cowboys wasted his talents? I know he had emitt smith but cmon 20 TDs that's a crazy stat to me but he's 3-3 in super bowls so he made up for it lol