Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

From worst to first

Jules

Starting in 2002, which was the first season the NFL included eight divisions, at least one team that’s finished last in their division one year has wound up winning their division a year later in every single season.

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=div&season=2011-REG&split=Overall

This years candidates: Bills, Colts, Browns, Chiefs, Redskins, Vikings, Rams, Bucs

Starting in 2002, which was the first season the NFL included eight divisions, at least one team that’s finished last in their division one year has wound up winning their division a year later in every single season.

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=div&season=2011-REG&split=Overall

This years candidates: Bills, Colts, Browns, Chiefs, Redskins, Vikings, Rams, Bucs

If we're totally honest, I'd have to give the Ciefs and Bucs the best chance. Then the Skins and maybe the Bills. I definitely like the Colts' chances over the Vikings, Rams or Browns, though.

No way it's the Browns or Vikings. I'd say Bucs have the best chance with the Saints' issues. I think the Bills have a chance to come in 2nd, but no way they beat out the Pats unless there's a major injury or something. The NFC East is so tight that I can't discount the Redskins. Colts might be better than expected and it's a weak division - maybe the weakest now. So to end my rambling in order of possibility i'd go:

1) Bucs

2) Chiefs

3) Redskins

4) Colts

5) Bills

6) Rams

7) Browns

8) Vikings

Out of that list it would have to be the Rams

I was going to say "No way!", but then I remembered I'm not sold on 49ers repeating their success so that makes for a pretty contested division. So I guess it's not a stretch of the imagination to see them take the division.

However, my pick is the Chiefs. The rest of their division was 8-8 last year and they were 7-9. The Broncos have a hard schedule and the chiefs aren't looking too bad. I'm leaning towards not likely, but I think it's the most likely of any of the divisions.

I'd go KC as well. I'm not sold on Peyton in Den. SD will never win with Norv. Oakland is Oakland. KC gets Charles, Berry, and Moeki back. 3 potential All Pros. They have the most underrated WR in the NFL and a solid O and D line. I say KC.