Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would You Rather Have Ryan Leaf?

PatBeachIsBoss

go mynfldraft.com i looked up every colt draft pick from 2005 to present from rounds 4-7 polian is the greatest

but from rounds 1-3 in trhat time period he sucks and we hold on to these dumb 123 round picks because polian doesnt want to admit that they are bust go look it up....

All I know is the man puts teams in supwr bowls. Instead of wasting time on a few draft picks look up his teams win %. The man will be in the hall one day. If you support Manning, would you hate on him so much if he had a few bad seasons or games, no you look at the body of work. Polians teams have always been elite.

:coltshelmet:

go mynfldraft.com i looked up every colt draft pick from 2005 to present from rounds 4-7 polian is the greatest

but from rounds 1-3 in trhat time period he sucks and we hold on to these dumb 123 round picks because polian doesnt want to admit that they are bust go look it up....

1st Marlin Jackson

2nd Kelvin Hayden

I would not consider either a bust, both did very well on first contract and we won the superbowl with them as top 2 corners

1st Joseph Addai

All around back, won us a SB and is not done contributing. IN NO WAY WHATS SO EVER A BUST

1st Gonzalez

He has had some injuries or would have been a great pick. He should have a big year this year and show what he can do!

2nd Pollak

He has been a solid lineman and is not done getting better and contributing to our team.

3rd Powers

The dude is a stud and is going to show us all this year that he can play as a #1 CB

1st Hughes

Word has it he is looking outstanding this year. Hard to show ur stuff when u r behing Mathis and Freeney but I think we may hear his name a lot this year and years to come.

2nd Angerer

Looked good as a rookie and really fits our system, i think he will start for us or a long time. Very solid pick.

3rd Thomas

He got hurt in training camp last year. He could have made a difference for us right away but he will for sure get on the field this year, I really hope he turns out as good as the colts thought he would.

1st Costanzo The dude will be protecting Manning's blind side in his rookie year. I, like everyone else, expect big big big things from this kid. Very glad we picked him

2nd Ijalana A first round talent that we got late in the 2nd round. He will contribute to the O line in his rookie year and eventually be our starting RT for years to come.

3rd Nevis Already being compared to Warren Sapp! very good footwork and great motor, the man could be a difference maker right away.

I have not seen you post a single positive post on these forums. Not every 1-3 pick has worked out but most have. I like the way our team is ran and the players that represent it. Polian has turned our program into a consistent power house that wins ball games. We have been spoiled as colts fans and I appreciate that. Fans like you do not deserve to celebrate when we become the first team ever to win a home Superbowl!!!! Go horse :coltshelmet:

Marlin Jackson, Kelvin Hayden, Joseph Addai, Jerraud Powers, and Pat Angerer are busts? News to me.

Jury still out on Hughes (as much as people here want to write him off after one season), Thomas, Moala, and, IMO, Brown (I don't think it's worth writing him off yet either).

Wheeler is still with the team, even though he's nothing special. So is Pollak, who is only backup quality tbh but is a bit better than people around here give him credit for.

Pitcock, I don't know if we could have predicted how that went down.

Jennings was ok, and is doing well on another team, so I wouldn't say "bust".

Burns, Keiaho, Ugoh, and Hughes were definite busts.

And they're all gone.

The only guy on that list who you can really make the argument that Polian is hanging on to because he doesn't want to admit it's a bad pick is Pollak, and as I said, I'd actually be perfectly happy with the guy as a backup. They got rid of the 4 guys I said were definite busts fairly quickly. Even people who don't much like Moala aren't saying we should cut him. Thomas has had injury problems and for the most part the fans are cutting him some slack.

While I agree that he hasn't found many "stars" in the first 3 rounds lately, that doesn't mean they're all busts. So many highly drafted players bust anyway, that finding a starter-quality player, or even an effective role player, even if he's not a cornerstone of your team, is a win in my book.

By leaving Carolina, Polian single handedly turned the Panthers into the pampers haha

THANK YOU! I respect the man - Great GM - but I no longer think he walks on water. Not after he was so clueless with "who cares about going for a perfect 19-0" fiasco. He had no idea the sh-tstorm the fans were going to rain down on him for doing that!

Guest BlueShoe

All the front office haters, just think if they were as dumb as some say, what would you be saying if we would have made that mistake

I don't think anyone is doubting what Bill Polian has done. That doesn't mean that everything he has done has been perfect though. There are some things that have made me scratch my head and the Faulk trade ticked me off to no end, but overall we have won a SB with Polian and he has done a great job.

I don't think anyone is doubting what Bill Polian has done. That doesn't mean that everything he has done has been perfect though. There are some things that have made me scratch my head and the Faulk trade ticked me off to no end, but overall we have won a SB with Polian and he has done a great job.

We did end up drafting edge after the faulk trade.He was pretty good.

here let me rephrase the question:

Would you rather have a 4 time MVP QB who is one of the best players of all time

OR

Would you rather have a QB who lasted 4 or 5 seasons, and never had a season with more TDs than INTs

You be the judge, by I'm sticking behind Peyton.