Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Justin Anderson....OT or NT?

Jason_

I know he's listed everywhere as an OT, but on a few sites his secondary position is listed as DT/NT. I checked his profile on cbssports.com and the most recent update was:

]09/23/2010 - Nose guard Justin Anderson will have surgery for turf toe and miss the rest of the season, Georgia coach Mark Richt said Wednesday. Anderson is a junior and would have one more season of eligibility. He had one tackle in the opening win against Louisiana-Lafayette, but hasn't played in the past two games. "With the condition it was in, you just have to do it," Richt said. "He might have been able to fight through, but surgery was inevitable. You fight through it this year, you're hobbled, then you get the surgery done and you're not ready for the next year." - Andy Johnston, The Atlanta Journal Constitution

Hopefully they try him out at NT also. Maybe that's why they spent a draft pick on him when all sites I've found so far predicted he'd go undrafted.

Anyone watch Georgia enough to know how much time he actually spent playing defense?

Anderson is wayyyy too big to play OT in the NFL so he's moving inside at guard and he did play NT early on in his career at Georgia don't know how productive he can be there tho..for now he's just depth at the guard position fighting for a roster spot hope he can be productive enough to make the team

Anderson is wayyyy too big to play OT in the NFL so he's moving inside at guard and he did play NT early on in his career at Georgia don't know how productive he can be there tho..for now he's just depth at the guard position fighting for a roster spot hope he can be productive enough to make the team

I think Jared Gaither is 340 plus lbs, and the Chargers picked him up to play LT, if I am not mistaken.

I think Jared Gaither is 340 plus lbs, and the Chargers picked him up to play LT, if I am not mistaken.

yea but he is one of few exceptions gaither has pretty quick feet to hold up out there..speed rushers will have a field day out there on massive tackles.Guard is where he is better suited/best chance to make the team