Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grant Stuard was a tackling machine

dw49

17 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Hmmm, so our LBer play was better.  I guess Gus must have changed schemes.

Or, our LBer play was better because we had a better LBer?

Stuard didn't seem to miss many tackles.  That was definitely something that seemed better yesterday than previous games this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoachLite said:

This topic should read "Grant Stuard IS a tackling machine". He's still alive and kicking - and still with the team. The team could use more players with his attitude.

Or "Grant Stuard WAS a tackling machine vs Miami." 

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Texans still have very good WR. But I am happy we don’t have to deal with Collin’s.

Texans have a very hard schedule coming up too. Probably not as hard ans colts  and they are a better team so probably have a better chance to win their hard games.

Their advantage is quarterback right now imo.  I like our overall team better when we are healthy.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Superman said:

Why? Outside of OL and RB, they have the better roster.

Thank Cleveland for that. 3 first and 3 seconds for unloading a bad actor that was in line for a huge contact. Cleveland other than having a little insurance for Watson's contract , is  now stuck with the rest of that fully guaranteed contract.

4 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Thank Cleveland for that. 3 first and 3 seconds for unloading a bad actor that was in line for a huge contact. Cleveland other than having a little insurance for Watson's contract , is  now stuck with the rest of that fully guaranteed contract.

Plus a few years of being terrible, resulting in four top 15 picks across two drafts, which is how they wound up with their QB.

I am not trying to poo poo Stuard.  He has a great story and had a lot of tackles.

That being said, in watching the replay....he got blow off the ball so many times that I lost count.  He got a number of his tackles because he was so relentless and didn't give up so he was in on the end and got credited.  Lots of other Colts over the years did give up.  I won't name names.    But he was not a game changer overall.

I don't think he is some super LB.  Despite how good his story his.

56 minutes ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

I am not trying to poo poo Stuard.  He has a great story and had a lot of tackles.

That being said, in watching the replay....he got blow off the ball so many times that I lost count.  He got a number of his tackles because he was so relentless and didn't give up so he was in on the end and got credited.  Lots of other Colts over the years did give up.  I won't name names.    But he was not a game changer overall.

Hey the dude can tackle and is relentless. He’s impressed me more than Franklin and Speed has this year. I think he should be given more play time.

• Like 2

On 10/22/2024 at 4:51 PM, ColtAndOrioles said:

Sometimes the Colts defense seems stagnant and lifeless, no one is making a play, every catch is uncontested, every ball carrier is getting extra yardage, etc. When a guy starts running around and going all out, to the point that you can feel his effort and energy even through the TV, I think it juices up the rest of the team. Stuard's intensity seemed to animate the rest of the defense, especially after he chased Huntley down on the sideline to prevent the first down.

I agree that he's not a star in the making. If he's playing meaningful snaps on defense, it's probably not a positive thing. But sometimes the defense needs to wake up, and I think he had that kind of effect last week.

• Thanks 3

On 10/25/2024 at 12:57 PM, Superman said:

Sometimes the Colts defense seems stagnant and lifeless, no one is making a play, every catch is uncontested, every ball carrier is getting extra yardage, etc. When a guy starts running around and going all out, to the point that you can feel his effort and energy even through the TV, I think it juices up the rest of the team. Stuard's intensity seemed to animate the rest of the defense, especially after he chased Huntley down on the sideline to prevent the first down.

I agree that he's not a star in the making. If he's playing meaningful snaps on defense, it's probably not a positive thing. But sometimes the defense needs to wake up, and I think he had that kind of effect last week.

Gus Bradley can inspire a lack of confidence with his anemic defensive scheme.