Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dallas Clark ring of honor

crazycolt1

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Loved Dallas. One of my all time favorite players. Any time we had a major play it seemed like he was involved. I remember being with the Pride of Mid America Marching Band, walking in the stadium to practice our show on the field. We walked past this open room and there was Dallas eating just this most massive mound of chicken wings. Got a chance to meet him in person and he's just a stand up individual. Very humble, very kind. Well deserved!

Congrats Dallas!

• Like 3

Dallas Clark was the 1st round pick of the 2003 class.  The class that "made" the 2006 superbowl team.  Up until this time, we had drafted future Hall of Fame players, with guys that were pretty ok alongside them.  In 2003 we added Dallas Clark, Robert Mathis, and Cato June.  None may ever make it to the Hall of Fame (Mathis has been mentioned).  But all were integral primary players that made the 2006 superbowl team what it was.

Dallas Clark is the 2nd of those three players to make the Ring of Honor.  I expect all three to be there eventually.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Dallas Clark was the 1st round pick of the 2003 class.  The class that "made" the 2006 superbowl team.  Up until this time, we had drafted future Hall of Fame players, with guys that were pretty ok alongside them.  In 2003 we added Dallas Clark, Robert Mathis, and Cato June.  None may ever make it to the Hall of Fame (Mathis has been mentioned).  But all were integral primary players that made the 2006 superbowl team what it was.

Dallas Clark is the 2nd of those three players to make the Ring of Honor.  I expect all three to be there eventually.

It really shows that success for a QB can be relied on a security blanket type of TE. 

Peyton had Dallas

Brady had Gronk

Mahomes has Kelce

Big Ben had Miller

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

It really shows that success for a QB can be relied on a security blanket type of TE. 

Peyton had Dallas

Brady had Gronk

Mahomes has Kelce

Big Ben had Miller

Oh yeah, it's always a huge mismatch on a LB or CB when you've got a great TE. 

Throw in guys like Gates, Gonzalez, Crumpler etc from that same era. 

How about when NE had Gronk and Hernandez? Talk about mismatches.

Go Dallas !!!

• Like 1

Just now, JediXMan said:

About time crazy it didn’t matter what the elements were he would never wear gloves.

I remember all those comments from message boards.. Lol .

He was always good for one easy drop like Tarik's token false start..

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

The elbow catch on third down against Baltimore in the playoffs will always be etched in my mind 

Mine as well.  Since he's being inducted during the Dolphins game, they need to show the 2009 highlight when Clark scored on an 80 yard TD pass from Peyton at Miami on the game's 1st play.  That was that weird game where we won despite only having the ball for 15 minutes.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MarylandTerrapin said:

Mine as well.  Since he's being inducted during the Dolphins game, they need to show the 2009 highlight when Clark scored on an 80 yard TD pass from Peyton at Miami on the game's 1st play.  That was that weird game where we won despite only having the ball for 15 minutes.

One of my all time favorite games. Everyone including the announcers were stunned.