Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

IMO this team is in much worse shape than what is being spun by management or believed by fans.....

ColtAndOrioles

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Possibly, but I have to see Houston be very good to great for 3 years before I believe they will accomplish anything either. Do you think Houston can beat KC or Baltimore in a playoff situation? I don't so what good does it do just to win the division?

Let’s first win the division, then we can talk. Its hard enough to win a SB after winning the division, so “what good does it do just to win the division” is a short sighted comment.

I get it, you’re frustrated with this grievance thread and the Houston praise but we have to take off the blue colored glasses and admit the key to winning in the playoffs starts with winning the division MOST of the time.

Yes, with the right breaks, Houston might be able to sneak a win vs Chiefs or Baltimore but just not both in a row. Weird things can happen in football. Besides, Houston falling short versus those 2 doesn’t help the Colts sitting out of the playoffs feel better about themselves either. 

The next stretch of games after the Dolphins game will be put up or shut up time for the talent assembled on the Colts team.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Some of you work really hard to make sure you take no enjoyment out of this team.

I wish i was enjoying it more. I am sorry for the negativity but to me this team has been dull for quite a while now and it doesnt feel like they are building towards success/playoff runs

I do hope it works out with Anthony though, other wise we are in for boring games and a long road to nowhere and eventually rebuilding.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Youngest team in the league with the youngest starting quarterback in the league.  Yet here we are at 3-3 with all of the injuries to key starters.  I think that says a lot about our GM and coach who have managed to still win with backup players making key contributions.

don't say that out loud.  All these nay-sayers will come back in full force with all their facts, ideas and will demand the Colts fire everyone on site and move the team to Montana. 

5 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

don't say that out loud.  All these nay-sayers will come back in full force with all their facts, ideas and will demand the Colts fire everyone on site and move the team to Montana. 

While true I think most colt fans are just tired of not seeing improvement each year. There doesn’t seem to be movement forward. I think that’s what most are upset about. Hopefully we will see growth from AR by the end of the season and finally feel we are ready to take the next step.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

All the pesky facts, like the Colts are not the youngest team in the league - not even close. I guess it fits your narrative better to just go fact-free, make stuff up. lol. 

It’s hard to do when one has so much emotionally invested - but, try and maintain an even strain.  Take pleasure in the small victories - like that great Sanchez punt, Pitt’s catch and Down’s emergence in the slot.

As the man said “Everything will be alright in the end…and, if it’s not alright - it’s not yet the end.”

Now, I’ll try to heed my own advice. :lecture:

• Like 1

All comes down to the QB spot. Let KC or Hou lose their QB for an extended period of time and they'll drop right down to earth and be on our level. 

People consider us a meh-middle of the road team, look at all the teams who've had QB problems, they fall into the same category and are pretty much us.

If AR hits we're good even with a crap defense, if he busts we'll have to hit repeat again.

Don't people remember all the years teams like Buf, Mia, Cle,Oak, Min, NYJ( just off the top of my head) kept drafting and busting on QBs? You gotta hit on the QB, you could have HOF'ers across the board and it won't matter if the QB isn't a hit.

3 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

It’s hard to do when one has so much emotionally invested - but, try and maintain an even strain.  Take pleasure in the small victories - like that great Sanchez punt, Pitt’s catch and Down’s emergence in the slot.

As the man said “Everything will be alright in the end…and, if it’s not alright - it’s not yet the end.”

Now, I’ll try to heed my own advice. :lecture:

That's how I do it honestly. I know I may have seen the best Colts teams ever already and it could be garbage football until I hit the grave... Lol

I enjoy whatever I can on Sundays.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

Really think about this team.   Put away the blue colored glasses and think about this team as a whole, after 8 years of Ballard.  Where are we?  Because this team imo is awash in complete malfunction.  Spinning wheels.  Again....after 8 years of the same leadership. 

Be realistic....are we close to winning the division?  No.

Are we close to competing for a SB?  Not even close.   I mean not even in the same universe. 

Instead we have a QB drafted at #4, after years of avoiding the Qb situation by signing, trading for, and playing other teams castoffs, who now cannot stay healthy.  Who has completed 4 games out of 23.   Who for whatever reason isn't even playing now despite the fact he seems healthy and instead is being replaced by a 39 year old back up.

We have a secondary who after 8 years, has our best player being a guy who was cut from another team after this years training camp.  After we heard "we like our guys".  What does that say about how this team has drafted over the years and managements ability to evaluate players?

We have management that can clearly see a D being led by a coordinator who is a complete failure and yet who keeps defending him.  That is psychotic and not a program that is interested in getting better but is more interested in just keeping the status  quo. 

We have a D line that has been heavily invested into the past 5 years via the draft, and yet is graded out as one of the worst in the NFL.  Yes the Colts have had injuries, but even before that the D line was graded low.  Our guys are not that good despite how much we want to believe they are.  Even our #1 pick this year, who was hyped like crazy, has done next to nothing.  IMO he looks way too weak and small to ever be a huge impact guy.   He is not athletic at all either.   I am getting Björn Werner vibes. 

Our linebackers, for lack of a better word, our mediocre at best.  The ONLY reason they have so many tackles is because the D line lets so many RBs get into the secondary. Period.  None are game changers. 

Our O Line, while decent, is still not worth the money invested into it.  An O line worth that type of money would still be able to open holes even  with a JT injury.   But that doesn't happen.  They don't blow people off of the ball.  Watch the past 2 weeks.  Walter Payton could not have run through the holes created by our O line.  They hit the line and are met by 3 guys. 

After years of blowing off the WR corp, Ballard finally started to draft WR's and guess what....imo that is now the strongest position on the team.   Weird how that works.  But even so I don't think Ballard ever really wanted to do that as he is all about the lines and not game changing positions.  I just think he felt forced to do it because of the criticism he has faced.

When you get down to it, this team, after 8 years, is still regarded to average to moderately below average....as it has been since Ballard took over.  Not once in 8 years has this team been considered for or looked like a contender for a SB appearance. 

Think about that.  Not once in 8 years.   Just pure 'averageness". 

And it astounds me that so many Colts fans and the Colt ownership is willing to put up with that.  Name me a job where you can do  an average to below average job for 8 years and get paid $millions?

There isn't one.

How many real ELITE players are on this team?  After all of this time?  I am talking young guys who you can build upon.  Real guys.  Not 'just guys'.  

JT.  Maybe Nelson (even that is iffy).  Maybe Raimann.  Downs I believe is.   AR is iffy.  Has potential but iffy due to the fact he gets injured too much.  Pittman is good but not elite.  Buckner?   Very good but I would not call him elite because he is older and gets paid too much.    Who else?

Even Steichen has looked like a very average play caller and not what he was billed to be.  An offensive guru.  Do you get 'guru' out of him?  I don't.  The Lions and Packers for example have a way more developed and sophisticated offense. 

So what is it....again after 8 years....do we have to look forward to? Where is the hope that we can be truly SB contenders soon?  I don't see it.

Time for a change. 

Well we could be the Browns or worse yet, the JAGs… 

Tell me.  Do you think this team is any closer to contending for a SB compared to 8 years ago?  And has this team contended for a SB in the past 8 years?  

Just a very simple yes or no.  And if no.....as we all know is the correct answer....they why do we keep spinning our wheels?

It is insanity. 

Yes

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Well we could be the Browns or worse yet, the JAGs… 

Yep. The Browns are the worst run team in NFL history in my opinion. All of the mistakes they've done for years prior to the 2020s... And then to make the worst trade in history with Watson... 

There's just really no future with that franchise... at least not for a long time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really think about this team.   Put away the blue colored glasses and think about this team as a whole, after 8 years of Ballard.  Where are we?  Because this team imo is awash in complete malfunction.  Spinning wheels.  Again....after 8 years of the same leadership. 

Be realistic....are we close to winning the division?  No.

Are we close to competing for a SB?  Not even close.   I mean not even in the same universe. 

Instead we have a QB drafted at #4, after years of avoiding the Qb situation by signing, trading for, and playing other teams castoffs, who now cannot stay healthy.  Who has completed 4 games out of 23.   Who for whatever reason isn't even playing now despite the fact he seems healthy and instead is being replaced by a 39 year old back up.

We have a secondary who after 8 years, has our best player being a guy who was cut from another team after this years training camp.  After we heard "we like our guys".  What does that say about how this team has drafted over the years and managements ability to evaluate players?

We have management that can clearly see a D being led by a coordinator who is a complete failure and yet who keeps defending him.  That is psychotic and not a program that is interested in getting better but is more interested in just keeping the status  quo. 

We have a D line that has been heavily invested into the past 5 years via the draft, and yet is graded out as one of the worst in the NFL.  Yes the Colts have had injuries, but even before that the D line was graded low.  Our guys are not that good despite how much we want to believe they are.  Even our #1 pick this year, who was hyped like crazy, has done next to nothing.  IMO he looks way too weak and small to ever be a huge impact guy.   He is not athletic at all either.   I am getting Björn Werner vibes. 

Our linebackers, for lack of a better word, our mediocre at best.  The ONLY reason they have so many tackles is because the D line lets so many RBs get into the secondary. Period.  None are game changers. 

Our O Line, while decent, is still not worth the money invested into it.  An O line worth that type of money would still be able to open holes even  with a JT injury.   But that doesn't happen.  They don't blow people off of the ball.  Watch the past 2 weeks.  Walter Payton could not have run through the holes created by our O line.  They hit the line and are met by 3 guys. 

After years of blowing off the WR corp, Ballard finally started to draft WR's and guess what....imo that is now the strongest position on the team.   Weird how that works.  But even so I don't think Ballard ever really wanted to do that as he is all about the lines and not game changing positions.  I just think he felt forced to do it because of the criticism he has faced.

When you get down to it, this team, after 8 years, is still regarded to average to moderately below average....as it has been since Ballard took over.  Not once in 8 years has this team been considered for or looked like a contender for a SB appearance. 

Think about that.  Not once in 8 years.   Just pure 'averageness". 

And it astounds me that so many Colts fans and the Colt ownership is willing to put up with that.  Name me a job where you can do  an average to below average job for 8 years and get paid $millions?

There isn't one.

How many real ELITE players are on this team?  After all of this time?  I am talking young guys who you can build upon.  Real guys.  Not 'just guys'.  

JT.  Maybe Nelson (even that is iffy).  Maybe Raimann.  Downs I believe is.   AR is iffy.  Has potential but iffy due to the fact he gets injured too much.  Pittman is good but not elite.  Buckner?   Very good but I would not call him elite because he is older and gets paid too much.    Who else?

Even Steichen has looked like a very average play caller and not what he was billed to be.  An offensive guru.  Do you get 'guru' out of him?  I don't.  The Lions and Packers for example have a way more developed and sophisticated offense. 

So what is it....again after 8 years....do we have to look forward to? Where is the hope that we can be truly SB contenders soon?  I don't see it.

Time for a change. 

troll GIF

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BeanDiasucci said:

The Colts are the 10th youngest team. https://bookies.com/nfl/picks/nfl-teams-average-age

I don't understand the formula they use.

They have the Colts ave. age at 25 years, 5 months, 6 days, which is the youngest of the 32 teams. But they slot the Colts at #23 oldest team and list 9 teams after the Colts, but the they are all older than the Colts.

1 hour ago, BeanDiasucci said:

The Colts are the 10th youngest team. https://bookies.com/nfl/picks/nfl-teams-average-age

Yes @richard pallo likes to stretch numbers a bit because I saw one that had the Colts listed at 14th but the gap between all the teams are minimal and yes while AR is the youngest starting qb most of our wins have come via the backups so his growing pains have not hindered the team drastically due to his injuries. It has more or less affected his development though.

Now starters Caleb Williams (R) and CJ Stroud (2nd yr) also sit at 22 yrs of age like AR with another youngster in starter Jayden Daniels (R) sitting a few months ahead at 23 yrs of age. Between rookies Williams and Daniels with 2nd yr qb Stroud thrown in the mix the three qbs have a combined record of 13-5 this season.  Young qbs are not the detriment they once were especially when  paired with decent revamped teams.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

It's basically the same story as last year. We are mediocre, which would be fine if AR were developing into a good QB, but that's not happening. Like last year with Minshew, it's now Flacco that's carrying us, not AR. So it's hard to be excited.

baby crying GIF

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

While true I think most colt fans are just tired of not seeing improvement each year. There doesn’t seem to be movement forward. I think that’s what most are upset about. Hopefully we will see growth from AR by the end of the season and finally feel we are ready to take the next step.

I disagree with that, there is positive movement, maybe not to your liking but there is. 

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Yep. The Browns are the worst run team in NFL history in my opinion. All of the mistakes they've done for years prior to the 2020s... And then to make the worst trade in history with Watson... 

There's just really no future with that franchise... at least not for a long time. 

then go find another team, stop complaining all the time

6 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

Excuse me? 

How about you read what I wrote first. Or re-read it. I am not now, nor ever will I be, a Browns fan. The very aspect of the city of Cleveland nauseates me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BlackTiger said:

I wish i was enjoying it more. I am sorry for the negativity but to me this team has been dull for quite a while now and it doesnt feel like they are building towards success/playoff runs

I do hope it works out with Anthony though, other wise we are in for boring games and a long road to nowhere and eventually rebuilding.

I’m sorry you’re not enjoying it. While yeah, the results haven’t been fun, this is the most enjoyable season I’ve had since Lucks rookie year. Perhaps it’s the unknown I don’t know,  but I can’t help but feel taking the beating  now will equal major success in the future

14 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

I think you quoted the wrong post there boss

6 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Excuse me? 

How about you read what I wrote first. Or re-read it. I am not now, nor ever will I be, a Browns fan. The very aspect of the city of Cleveland nauseates me.

The best part about Cleveland is the Christmas Story House. That’s it. Period

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

If you expect all of the commentary about your team to be positive and don't want to hear complaining, is a sports message board really the place for you? 😁 I can't imagine going to a forum designed for discussion, and telling the people there to be more or less positive—or to stop their praise or complaints about the team. Isn't the purpose of this place to share all points of view about the Colts? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluephantom87 said:

Let's actually accomplish ANY of that under Ballard and see if your assumption is correct. Me personally I'll nearly faint due to happiness!!! Being excited about barley beating an awful 1 win team while coming off a loss to a winless team just doesn't do it for me because those are the types of games that you navigate through while being injured. My optimism only goes so far after 8 yrs of futility.

Well there's always 31 other teams to root for if your so unhappy with the Colts 

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well there's always 31 other teams to root for if your so unhappy with the Colts 

Absolutely! No unhappiness about your favorite team on a sports message board or you need to find another team! People need to agree with tfunky14 and crazycolt or get out! 😄

1 minute ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Absolutely! No unhappiness about your favorite team on a sports message board or you need to find another team! People need to agree with tfunky14 and crazycolt or get out! 😄

I'm fine with discussion in improving the team. What needs done to get more wins, etc etc but it just ridiculous lately on here.  

Might as well go drink bleach water and call it a day. 

Fire the GM, fire the defensive coordinator, why did we sign this guy, why haven't the Colts made the playoffs the last 8 years in regards to this thread.   

Guess what everyone, the other team is trying to.....

Do the Colts need to get better, absolutely. I think many on here are spoiled with the 10 plus years of a winning record during the Manning years.  I got news for you, QB's like Manning only come around every so often and you have to be lucky to get them on your team. 

• Like 1