Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson day to day with abdominal, oblique injuries

1959Colts

Man we sure have a lot of people on this forum that know if a player should play or not without ever meeting the player let alone examining him and I am going to guess almost all of them aren’t even doctors.  I wish I could be that gifted!

Since I am not I am going to trust whatever the team doctors tell the Colts they should do with their injured players.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Man we sure have a lot of people on this forum that know if a player should play or not without ever meeting the player let alone examining him and I am going to guess almost all of them aren’t even doctors.  I wish I could be that gifted!

Since I am not I am going to trust whatever the team doctors tell the Colts they should do with their injured players.  

If he can play he will play.

13 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Let him rest. Start Joe.

I’m all for resting him to be completely honest, I think they should honestly use as much caution as they can with AR and these pesky injuries. I’m sure that Flacco shouldn’t have a problem with the Jags. But obviously they shouldn’t announce who’s going to start until the day of the game.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

I’m all for resting him to be completely honest, I think they should honestly use as much caution as they can with AR and these pesky injuries. I’m sure that Flacco shouldn’t have a problem with the Jags. But obviously they shouldn’t announce who’s going to start until the day of the game.

If he is ready he will play. End of story 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Why does something like this bother you?   Do you simply object to second guessing the Colts about anything?

Many people have followed football long enough to know that when certain words are used at certain times, certain outcomes tend to happen.    They are displaying intelligent pattern recognition around messaging, then merely forming opinions based upon their conservative or liberal standards about, ultimately, whether or not they want to risk the player aggravating an injury just to win one game. 

Nobody is playing doctor. 

• Like 1

I've one of those. They're not debilitating but the hurt and they linger. Don't know how it would affect his throwing motion. I'd say if he's not 100% let him rest. We should be able to beat the Jags with Joe.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If he is ready he will play. End of story 

It’s not up for him to decide he is ready, the medical staff trumps all of the players choices. If the medical staff thinks he should sit after testing it out then he will sit. 

1 minute ago, ProblChld32 said:

It’s not up for him to decide he is ready, the medical staff trumps all of the players choices. If the medical staff thinks he should sit after testing it out then he will sit. 

QB play through stuff. You can’t continue to baby him.  It will toughen him up letting him play through minor injuries.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

QB play through stuff. You can’t continue to baby him.  It will toughen him up letting him play through minor injuries.

I never said QBs can’t play through injuries. I said to practice caution with him especially with an injury that will certainly cause pain everytime he throws the ball. It’s not about Babying him it’s about protecting your investment. If they truly see him as a franchise QB for the next decade you need to protect him at all costs. We have already seen what injuries have done to him in season one and now season two. Unless you want an Andrew Luck part 2. Keep AR HEALTHY

36 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Can we stop please. Did you even bother to see the offense when AR was in there.

Richardson practiced the whole week as the starter...Joe came in cold and without a gameplan geared towards himself.  Pittman/Downs and even our TEs had better games, because Joe can process everything SO much faster than Richardson.

Do I think Flacco is the long term answer? Obviously not, especially with his age... Do I think we would win more games THIS year with him, yes, I actually do.

Also, I see SO many people saying that Richardson HAS to play to get better... yet Steve Young, Aaron Rogers and many others got better by sitting behind a veteran and learning the game...   Yes, reps will help...but throwing him in before he is ready just because "he has to play to get better!!!!" can also crush his confidence, leave him second guessing every decision and ultimately making him worse than had he sat behind a vet for a while.

Not every QB is Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck, and ready to start from day 1, and that's perfectly fine!   Many very talented QBs have failed in the NFL simply because they were rushed into a situation they werent ready for.