Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baldy on Latu

CR91

3 hours ago, Dark Superman said:

I was referring to him adding muscle.

He bends like Myles Garrett, weighs 5 lbs or so less, and with his rolling block of butcher knives arms he attacks at an Elite level.

Whaaaaaa! 

I have no idea if he needs more muscle.

Latu is the real deal.  He won't be one of these ends who require time to adjust to this level.  He'll be an impact rook from day one and adding a quality blindside rusher will make this defense nasty.

Colts last season were a middle of the pack defense in passer rating against and pressure percentage rates.  Latu is going to put them well into the top ten in both categories.  From there when you consider they were also a top five team in average per rush, I am expecting a significant reduction in points allowed.

In that respect the Colts finished 28th last season.  Which is about what I expected from Bradley.  But even Bradley with a top rush front is going to be effective.  This will probably be one of the better defenses he has fielded.  And if not then they'll send him packing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boondoggle said:

Latu is the real deal.  He won't be one of these ends who require time to adjust to this level.  He'll be an impact rook from day one and adding a quality blindside rusher will make this defense nasty.

Colts last season were a middle of the pack defense in passer rating against and pressure percentage rates.  Latu is going to put them well into the top ten in both categories.  From there when you consider they were also a top five team in average per rush, I am expecting a significant reduction in points allowed.

In that respect the Colts finished 28th last season.  Which is about what I expected from Bradley.  But even Bradley with a top rush front is going to be effective.  This will probably be one of the better defenses he has fielded.  And if not then they'll send him packing.

I agree. Latu will command a double team which will free up Buck or vise versa. Paye and Dayo will feast too. The added heat will help the DBs.

On 8/15/2024 at 2:43 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Latu is 6’5” and 265.   You think that’s undersized?   Not in a 4-3 defense.   He’s close to perfect.   The only thing he lacks is arm length.   But he has succeed in spite of having shorter arms than desired.  

Only 3/8" under 33" arms. Which is really close to where the Bosas, Watt, & Crosby are it. 32 5/8" puts him in the 16th percentile whereas Watts 33 1/8" puts him in the 80th percentile. So not much is separating those guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latu by all accounts seems to be the real deal…and he seems to be nearly to the level of say kwitty Paye in his first preseason of his career…at least that’s how I see it. Imagine in a year or a few years…he should be heading towards Mathis and Freeney territory.

19 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Latu by all accounts seems to be the real deal…and he seems to be nearly to the level of say kwitty Paye in his first preseason of his career…at least that’s how I see it. Imagine in a year or a few years…he should be heading towards Mathis and Freeney territory.

I think he's already better than Kwity, no disrespect to 51.

• Like 1