Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 Preseason Game #1: Broncos @ Colts, August 11th, 1 PM ET

NFLfan

Just now, csmopar said:

From what I’ve read, they’re mostly air cushions, maybe a pound or so heavier at the most

I was reading an article about those helmets when Abraham stripped the ball and scored. Kevin Zeitler, Guard with the Ravens, said they are heavier and warmer. In the past, I have read that it may give players a sense of false security. If I were a player, I would use it. JMO

Good play by Brooks!

Just now, NFLfan said:

I was reading an article about those helmets when Abraham stripped the ball and scored. Kevin Zeitler, Guard with the Ravens, said they are heavier and warmer. In the past, I have read that it may give players a sense of false security. If I were a player, I would use it. JMO

Good play by Brooks!

I would probably use it, if I were confident in my fundamentals. And especially if I had concussion history. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Good play by Brooks!

I think it’s a double edge sword. Would not be surprised to see more neck injuries but less concussions. 

and they weigh 11 ounces. Barely over half a pound. I can see them blocking air flow and being warmer

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/sports/little-goofy-little-less-impact-nfl-players-try-soft-shell-helmet-covers/2569301/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I think it’s a double edge sword. Would not be surprised to see more neck injuries but less concussions. 

and they weigh 11 ounces. Barely over half a pound. I can see them blocking air flow and being warmer

This was JJ Watt's take I'm fairly sure. He just thinks it will lead to more issues in the regular season. 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Jones looked ok. But if jones or Brent’s can’t play we are in trouble.

He made a play. Some say it was PI, but it wasn't called so it wasn't PI. lol. 

I'm not super concerned about him. I hope he continues to grow. But they've got to work out the room or it's going to get ugly. 

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

This was JJ Watt's neck I'm fairly sure. He just thinks it will lead to more issues in the regular season. 

Yep. I think it’s a good idea for practice but I think it’ll lead to guys having this false sense of invulnerability 

Some of the backups looked confused as to where to line up when Denver went up tempo in bunched formations.

Im worried about our depth on defense, not just in the secondary but also at LB, and we really need Raekwon Davis on the field.

• Like 1

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

He made a play. Some say it was PI, but it wasn't called so it wasn't PI. lol. 

I'm not super concerned about him. I hope he continues to grow. But they've got to work out the room or it's going to get ugly. 

I don’t have an issue giving a rookie the chance  going into year two. The bigger issue is no insurance in case it doesn’t work.

• Like 1

Just now, Colt Overseas said:

Some of the backups looked confused as to where to line up when Denver went up tempo in bunched formations.

Im worried about our depth on defense, not just in the secondary but also at LB, and we really need Raekwon Davis on the field.

That's a coaching problem. Gus isn't going to make Defensive Coach of the Year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoachLite said:

That's a coaching problem. Gus isn't going to make Defensive Coach of the Year.

Eh. Idk about that in a rookie's first preseason game. If they still look confused in a few weeks, then yeah, I'm going to point to the coach a little bit. 

Goodson with a nice run. Wide open in the flat next play. Would have liked to see him thrown that ball. 

Stuffed on 2nd and goal at the 1. Gets in on 3rd. Woods lead blocking. We've got a runningback battle for RB3. I've liked what I've seen from both Hull and Goodson. 

Maybe Sermon isn't RB2 and it's up for grabs by all 3. Do we keep 4 runningbacks?

• Like 1