Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training camp July 30th

1 minute ago, Archer said:

yeah, I didn’t have him making the team, but we’ve had three injuries of note in camp and they’re all at DE.  Two were cart-offs. 

I really feel for the guys who are just trying to make the team and get injured. Because even if they didn't make it to the 53, if healthy they still had a chance for at least practice squad or being picked up by another franchise. Now he'll have to wait another year. 

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, Archer said:

Yep, think we’ll be just fine on the pass-rushing front with Latu.  I hope he can stand up against the run.  Has a size advantage over Sampson.

Shedding blocks in the run is its own art. And Latu is said to already have a great package of hand abilities for pass rush. So I see with experience his speed and agility will be very good against the run. 

I have read that his ability to remain on balance and off the ground is

Exceptional. Somewhere in the range between Myles Garrett and TJ Watt.

Pray for good health. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

What makes you think Paye has dropped weight?   

He said he has.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2024/07/26/colts-de-kwity-paye-has-big-goals-coming-off-a-great-offseason/

“That’s where you prepare for the season,” said Paye of the offseason. “So for me, I was doing like four or five workouts a day. I was doing extra cardio in the morning. I was doing the lift and the line work, then Pilates and hot yoga and PT and just making sure I stay on top of it. Making sure I’m ready to go. I lost 15 pounds, and I gained some muscle.”

Paye added that last year his playing weight was around 270 but he wanted to be in the 260-262 range.

“I was feeling a little heavy and you could definitely feel it late into the game–long drives you could feel it,” Paye said. I just want to make sure I’m on the field as much as I can. Making sure I can bend the corner and making sure I’m slim. I just feel good right now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

Interesting.  Paye lost weight, but he also put on a lot of weight (not reflected on the official roster) that he decided he needed to lose.  Good.   Smart move. 

Thanks for the good info. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Superman said:

Kwity was asked to be good run defender here and that had been his college Bio. So he has been listed at 265 these past few years. At 6'3" he did look thick. Guess he will look more Ebukam size?

JMO that he knows if he can get 12-14 sacks he can get $15M plus with a chunk of fully guaranteed money from someone. Sack grade goes up, run grade goes down some, and he still gets PAID.

Prayers for Dayo. He and Buck in the middle on big 3rd and long downs, wowee!

We are in for some fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

Opponents better pray they have a top 10 OT in front of Latu.

I agree, even an average LT will probably get beat at least a few times, which can be devastating during passing or long downs. Since mathis/freeney this might be our next premier DE

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AKB said:

Taylor isn't considered a top 10 back according to madden. he's rated 87 

Taylor is about to go off this season starting week one. 150 total yards and two tds. Pin me on this

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, AKB said:

FWIW:

ESPN just finished their top-10 list.  JT was ranked 5th.   If my memory is correct, Pittman was around 20th.  

Both feel about right to me. 

Just now, CR91 said:

Taylor is about to go off this season starting week one. 150 total yards and two tds. Pin me on this

Etienne is the best RB in the division, lol.

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

FWIW:

ESPN just finished their top-10 list.  JT was ranked 5th.   If my memory is correct, Pittman was around 20th.  

if you're not a gamer you might not care about the madden ratings, but for a big population, the NFL ratings do mean a little something. he definitely will go up over the season, but IMO it's disrespectful. 

5 minutes ago, Archer said:

Etienne is the best RB in the division, lol.

haha. okay. ill get you a poster. 

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

FWIW:

Taylor is the 2nd best back in the league. Only McCaffrey is better, mainly because of his catching ability. Chubb is coming off a nasty injury and I think Taylor is actually a hair better than Barkley at this point. JMO. Henry is still good but older. 

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Taylor is the 2nd best back in the league. Only McCaffrey is better, mainly because of his catching ability. Chubb is coming off a nasty injury and I think Taylor is actually a hair better than Barkley at this point. JMO. Henry is still good but older. 

i'd take taylor over barkley every day and twice on Sunday 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Archer said:

yeah, I didn’t have him making the team, but we’ve had three injuries of note in camp and they’re all at DE.  Two were cart-offs. 

he probably would've made the team after samson went down. Leo had a fast twitch and bend off the edge, pass rusher not a run stopper, I think he would've made it

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, AKB said:

Maybe with the holdout and injuries last season he isn't getting alot of attention

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Me too but I have Barkley #3.

yeah, he's a slightly less athetic version of taylor. 

so why take the worse version? 

There's very very few backs i'd take over Taylor. McCaffery is pretty much the only one actually. If I had to find a replacement Taylor I think i'd do it with Barkley, Kenneth Walker, or Hall from NY before the injuries

45 minutes ago, AKB said:

I mean...it might make some sense if he got left behind a bit for the past two years, but then I see Aaron Jones and Joe Mixon on there. So I don't know how they are ranking these guys. I half-expected Zeke to be in the top 5 lol

Also, somehow Bijan Robinson and Gibbs are absent from this list. I am sure this will all change with the new update.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

I mean...it might make some sense if he got left behind a bit for the past two years, but then I see Aaron Jones and Joe Mixon on there. So I don't know how they are ranking these guys. I half-expected Zeke to be in the top 5 lol

Also, somehow Bijan Robinson and Gibbs are absent from this list. I am sure this will all change with the new update.

colts are historically underrated in madden games. but yeah the ratings to change over the season. but like you said, to put a guy like Mixon on there is crazy 

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Kwity was asked to be good run defender here and that had been his college Bio. So he has been listed at 265 these past few years. At 6'3" he did look thick. Guess he will look more Ebukam size?

JMO that he knows if he can get 12-14 sacks he can get $15M plus with a chunk of fully guaranteed money from someone. Sack grade goes up, run grade goes down some, and he still gets PAID.

Prayers for Dayo. He and Buck in the middle on big 3rd and long downs, wowee!

We are in for some fun.

If Paye gets 12-14 sacks, his price will likely shoot up to $20-25M per year. Pass rushers are really expensive.

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

Sounds like a rough day for the offense, but that happens on the first day of pads

Yeah, the defense is ahead of the offense early in camp all around the league every year. The Packers have been in pads a few practices already. The Packers make the unit that got the better of the other do push-ups at the end of practice. The offense has done push-ups 5 of the 7 days of practice so far. It changes later in camp.

2 hours ago, AKB said:

I agree, even an average LT will probably get beat at least a few times, which can be devastating during passing or long downs. Since mathis/freeney this might be our next premier DE

I really hope he turns into our TJ Watt or Maxx Crossby.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKB said:

he probably would've made the team after samson went down. Leo had a fast twitch and bend off the edge, pass rusher not a run stopper, I think he would've made it

I like him, but we also have Land, who made the team last year and is very similar to Leo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AKB said:

yeah, he's a slightly less athetic version of taylor. 

so why take the worse version? 

There's very very few backs i'd take over Taylor. McCaffery is pretty much the only one actually. If I had to find a replacement Taylor I think i'd do it with Barkley, Kenneth Walker, or Hall from NY before the injuries

I think there's a bigger chance some of the young RBs like Gibbs, Robinson or Achance will have a great year than JT. JT already had a lot of mileage on him when he got to the NFL and injuries has already become an issue. I'm afraid we've seen the best of him at this point. Hope I'm wrong of course. 🤞

18 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I think there's a bigger chance some of the young RBs like Gibbs, Robinson or Achance will have a great year than JT. JT already had a lot of mileage on him when he got to the NFL and injuries has already become an issue. I'm afraid we've seen the best of him at this point. Hope I'm wrong of course. 🤞

You realize JT is only 25. He also has the best yards per carry average since 2021

47 minutes ago, Archer said:

I like him, but we also have Land, who made the team last year and is very similar to Leo.

I like Land as well he is about 20 lbs lighter then Leo, so while pass rushing may be similar think Leo has more upside stopping the run at this level, 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CR91 said:

You realize JT is only 25. He also has the best yards per carry average since 2021

Sure, but he had nearly 1000 carries coming into the league. He had nearly 400 more carries than Bijan Robinson in college. That's A LOT of extra mileage in 3 years.

Also, those ypc include 2021 - his best season by far. JT has been good in 2022 and 2023, but nowhere near his 2021 level and he hasn't played a full season since.

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Sure, but he had nearly 1000 carries coming into the league. He had nearly 400 more carries than Bijan Robinson in college. That's A LOT of extra mileage in 3 years.

Also, those ypc include 2021 - his best season by far. JT has been good in 2022 and 2023, but nowhere near his 2021 level and he hasn't played a full season since.

22 and 23 he was dealing with injuries and oline regressed horribly in 22