Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What is Chris Ballard MOST LIKELY to do in the 1st Round of the 2024 NFL Draft?

What is Chris Ballard MOST LIKELY to do in the 1st Round of the 2024 Draft?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What is Chris Ballard MOST LIKELY to do in the 1st Round of the 2024 NFL Draft?

• Trade up for Marvin Harrison Jr
    • Initiate a trade back and acquire more draft picks
    • Stand pat and select at #15
    • Accept another team's offer to move in to the #15 slot

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/26/2024 at 12:02 PM

2 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Correction. No one will give a Madden player those things immediately. They will give him on opportunity to work his way up because of the qualification of being a famous top Madden player. After that, it's up to him to prove himself. Hence the 10 year window.

I don’t think any team is actively looking for the top Madden players for ideas of roster building. Unless they by coincidence happen to have a Harvard degree in statistics… 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

WWE is fake.   It's an act.   They can script what ever they want.   The NFL isn't

How would being good at Madden make you qualified to work in a front office at any level?

The WWE example is meant to show they trust a youtuber in Logan Paul to hold a major title of theirs and draw in front of 20,000+ people a night in filled arenas to make real money for everyone. From the Owner to the wrestlers down to the ring crew. 

Being great at Madden means 1.) You have a passion for the NFL 2.) You have knowledge of the NFL 3.) You are competitive at a worldwide level 4.) You know how to build playbooks, schemes, teams, and know the inner workings of the NFL. 5.) You possibly have interest in doing it at a higher level one day.

Who is more qualified from a younger generation than Madden players? If you're not born into a football family, then you have to get indoctrinated somehow. Everyone starts somehwere.

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I don’t think any team is actively looking for the top Madden players for ideas of roster building. Unless they by coincidence happen to have a Harvard degree in statistics… 

I think Madden players have more passion because they love the game of Football. Where is there to go after being the Madden World Champion? You want to do it for real. 

3 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Who is more qualified from a younger generation than Madden players? If you're not born into a football family, then you have to get indoctrinated somehow. Everyone starts somehwere.

Players with actual experience. You’re missing the biggest piece to this: humanism. Playing a video game is passive, there’s disconnect. You don’t have to work with people and manage them because it’s all 1’s and 0’s. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Yoshinator said:

The WWE example is meant to show they trust a youtuber in Logan Paul to hold a major title of theirs and draw in front of 20,000+ people a night in filled arenas to make real money for everyone. From the Owner to the wrestlers down to the ring crew. 

Being great at Madden means 1.) You have a passion for the NFL 2.) You have knowledge of the NFL 3.) You are competitive at a worldwide level 4.) You know how to build playbooks, schemes, teams, and know the inner workings of the NFL. 5.) You possibly have interest in doing it at a higher level one day.

Madden and actual football are vastly different things.    You don't have to leave your basement and can become a great player in Madden.   The fact you don't recognize the difference is perplexing.

Just now, RollerColt said:

Players with actual experience. You’re missing the biggest piece to this: humanism. Playing a game is passive, there’s disconnect. You don’t have to work with people and manage them because it’s all 1’s and 0’s. 

Being a player doesn't mean you're qualified. There's a lot of players who aren't smart enough to do it as a GM or HC. The old guard won't hold up forever. Something will give. I give it 10 years as I said. Things evolve. 

Being a player doesn't mean you're qualified. There's a lot of players who aren't smart enough to do it as a GM or HC. The old guard won't hold up forever. Something will give. I give it 10 years as I said. Things evolve. 

Madden has been around for over 30 years.   It hasn't happened yet

It means they’re more qualified than someone who’s never played the sport. You need people skills to manage people. Madden does not require people skills. 

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Madden has been around for over 30 years.   It hasn't happened yet

True. There wasn't woman sports coaches and scouts until recently either and it happened. 

It means they’re more qualified than someone who’s never played the sport. You need people skills to manage people. Madden does not require people skills. 

You are stereotyping Madden players as "nerds and geeks" with no social skills. That's not necessarily true. 

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Madden and actual football are vastly different things.    You don't have to leave your basement and can become a great player in Madden.   The fact you don't recognize the difference is perplexing.

You don't have to leave your basement to watch a football game either. Plenty of GMs and coaches never played football. Chris Ballard never played a NFL game in his life.

1 minute ago, Yoshinator said:

True. There wasn't woman sports coaches and scouts until recently either and it happened. 

You are stereotyping Madden players as "nerds and geeks" with no social skills. That's not necessarily true. 

I’m stereotyping the game actually. 

49 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

I prefer a star at QB, WR, EDGE, and CB. I wish it was my job. This is something I would love to do. I would thrive at the challenge of taking over an NFL team as GM, building my own coaching staff, my own scouting staff, my own team, and making add/drops, balancing the salary cap, and getting players via the draft, trades, and FA. 

When I focus on one thing and have interest, I want to be the best in the world at it. I want to succeed at it. I give my all towards accomplishing that goal. I would do anything to be in Ballards shoes and be able to build a team to win a SB for the city of Indy. 

I'll make a bold prediction. Within 10 years, there will be a youtube personality or Madden player that will end up being a HC or GM in the NFL. Logan and Jake Paul have already started this in WWE and Boxing to an extent, and there will be more to follow. I feel at some point, someone will take a chance on someone who is famous in the football world among fans and give them a shot at the big time. 

I have some bad news for you. 

#1. ..it won't happen

#2...if in some bizzaro world,it does happen...it won't be you

• Like 1

You don't have to leave your basement to watch a football game either. Plenty of GMs and coaches never played football. Chris Ballard never played a NFL game in his life.

He was a QB in high school. He switched to WR in college… he then coached for years in Texas. 

He had experience playing the game. 

He was a QB in high school. He switched to WR in college… he then coached for years in Texas. 

He had experience playing the game. 

I would bet a lot of Madden players played football in high school and possibly college. Most of them are 25 and under. They could easily do coaching or scouting before being a GM or Coach, they have time on their side.

3 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

He played college football and was a position coach in college football.   

18 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

They will give him on opportunity to work his way up because of the qualification of being a famous top Madden player.

They would be lucky to get any job at all in an nfl office.  They will never make head coach, ever

Madden doesnt have that kind of influence with billionaire owners, nor should it.

• Thanks 1

I would bet a lot of Madden players played football in high school and possibly college. Most of them are 25 and under. They could easily do coaching or scouting before being a GM or Coach, they have time on their side.

I don’t like betting, but I would bet the reason those future kids end up working in the NFL has more to do with actually having experience in the sport vs. playing Madden. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

He played college football and was a position coach in college football.   

You assume Madden players don't play football. Most Madden players are football fans. Most of them played in high school, college, or both. They aren't nerds or geeks. They are jocks. This isn't the pokemon fanbase.

This is a joke lol.  Former college players are not the same as madden players

Madden will have nothing to do with anyone ever becoming an nfl head coach.  There might be some who have played it but it will never be why they got a job

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You assume Madden players don't play football. Most Madden players are football fans. Most of them played in high school, college, or both. They aren't nerds or geeks. They are jocks. This isn't the pokemon fanbase.

It's a mixture of all types of people.   It doesn't make them qualified to do anything other than playing a video game 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I don’t like betting, but I would bet the reason those future kids end up working in the NFL has more to do with actually having experience in the sport vs. playing Madden. 

If a top Madden player gets a decent job in the NFL, you will hear about how his Madden success led him on a journey to working in the NFL. 

5 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

They would be lucky to get any job at all in an nfl office.  They will never make head coach, ever

Madden doesnt have that kind of influence with billionaire owners, nor should it.

Billionaire owners get on social media and pay attention to trends more than you think. 

1 minute ago, Yoshinator said:

If a top Madden player gets a decent job in the NFL, you will hear about how his Madden success led him on a journey to working in the NFL. 

Alrighty. I don’t see it happening but if it does good on him/her. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It's a mixture of all types of people.   It doesn't make them qualified to do anything other than playing a video game 

A top Madden player that is knowledgeable about football will have a better chance of getting a job in the NFL than any of us who post on this forum because he'll have fame from the sport and possibly get noticed. If I apply, I'm treated as any old guy, if the Madden world champion applies, he has a better opportunity than a random person. He's noticed.

A top Madden player that is knowledgeable about football will have a better chance of getting a job in the NFL than any of us who post on this forum because he'll have fame from the sport and possibly get noticed. If I apply, I'm treated as any old guy, if the Madden world champion applies, he has a better opportunity than a random person. He's noticed.

Both have the same chance. 

Steve Jobs Apple GIF by GrowthX

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

I think it's certainly possible that a Madden player could be an NFL GM, but it wouldn't be due to Madden. Maybe having enjoyed Madden would drive a person to that career path, but it would be education, people skills, and hands-on experience that would make them a good GM. 

I'm an IT district manager for a federal agency. I enjoy building teams in Madden, but playing Madden didn't equip me to communicate and deal with people in high pressure situations, and it didn't give me the organizational and managerial skills required in my career.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Billionaire owners get on social media and pay attention to trends more than you think. 

Madden players on rare occasions get hired to help work on Madden itself.  They dont get hired onto teams and if they did it would be low level.  I play Madden myself, enough to know that it doesnt teach you how to actually be a coach.  Not even close.

If a madden expert ever made it that far in the league it wouldnt be because they played madden.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DattMavis said:

I think it's certainly possible that a Madden player could be an NFL GM, but it wouldn't be due to Madden. Maybe having enjoyed Madden would drive a person to that career path, but it would be education, people skills, and hands-on experience that would make them a good GM. 

I'm an IT district manager for a federal agency. I enjoy building teams in Madden, but playing Madden didn't equip me to communicate and deal with people in high pressure situations, and it didn't give me the organizational and managerial skills required in my career.

I think someone working in sales would have a better shot than someone who only plays Madden.

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I think someone working in sales would have a better shot than someone who only plays Madden.

I didn't say someone who only plays Madden. I specifically said someone who enjoys Madden could be a GM, but they wouldn't be a GM because of Madden. 

I think it's possible that a high school kid loves rebuilding in Madden, and goes on a career path to become an NFL GM. Madden might have been the spark to a flame, but it wouldn't be the reason they were a GM, and it certainly wouldn't have equiped them to be a GM at all. That was my point.

2 minutes ago, DattMavis said:

I didn't say someone who only plays Madden. I specifically said someone who enjoys Madden could be a GM, but they wouldn't be a GM because of Madden. 

I think it's possible that a high school kid loves rebuilding in Madden, and goes on a career path to become an NFL GM. Madden might have been the spark to a flame, but it wouldn't be the reason they were a GM, and it certainly wouldn't have equiped them to be a GM at all. That was my point.

That was sort of my earlier argument some posts back. My biggest point being that having actual experience playing football or being around football itself is going to have a larger impact and receive more consideration. 

1 hour ago, Yoshinator said:

I would never say never but maybe some owner like Khan gives the madden player a low level analyst job and he works his up to WR coach, RB coach and maybe QB coach.

Sean McVay started out as an analyst 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PRnum1 said:

I would never say never but maybe some owner like Khan gives the madden player a low level analyst job and he works his up to WR coach, RB coach and maybe QB coach.

His son Tony is the Owner of AEW, which is the direct competition to WWE. He could do something like that. 

Agreed on McVay.

2 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

He started out as a college wr.  He also has a degree in health and sports studies.

• Like 2