Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans Trade for Stefon Diggs

This is reminding of our 2013 and 2015 seasons when Grigson went all in with FA thinking we were there.   This tactic doesn’t always work. 

This upcoming season will say a lot.  At this point I think Ballard has doubled down and in my mind shortened his leash.   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ArmchairQB said:

Easy to take chances when you have 3 extra 1st round picks.  

The Browns truly are just amazing at making some of the worst decisions in football. Texans fleeced ‘em good. The league probably could’ve just waited Houston out until they got desperate to dump him off like Chicago had to do with Fields. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The Browns truly are just amazing at making some of the worst decisions in football. Texans fleeced ‘em good. The league probably could’ve just waited Houston out until they got desperate to dump him off like Chicago had to do with Fields. 

That's how I thought it'd go down.....

Until Browns Browned...

I think it's a good choice to get Watson still, but they got their timing wrong for sure.. they do have a great coach and roster though, so all good now for them. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yea it’s almost as though they try to make bad decisions purposely 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2024 at 7:34 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Texans gave up a 2nd rounder in 2025, how is that too much? By anyone's measure, Diggs is a top 5-7 WR in the league. If anything, the Bills got fleeced. 

30 for a receiver is the very near the  end. 

On 4/7/2024 at 6:30 AM, r a y s k i said:

Don't know what people are so crazy on this, Diggs isn't the guy you want on your team

He is good if you are set to win now.  Houston will most likely win the AFC South next season.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Xavien Howard, Justin Simmons, all talking too much related to Texans....??? Texans are favorites to sign every freaking FA this off season, it seems like. The new Jaguars of the off season. :) 

On 4/19/2024 at 11:44 PM, Myles said:

He is good if you are set to win now.  Houston will most likely win the AFC South next season.  

Diggs is on a one year deal....the pundits say the Texans were brilliant to structure the deal as a one year deal but Diggs will see $ 's down the drain if he isn't targeted exclusively ....I predict Diggs will have Stroud in tears by mid season if he doesn't get the ball thrown to him every time. 

4 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Diggs is on a one year deal....the pundits say the Texans were brilliant to structure the deal as a one year deal but Diggs will see $ 's down the drain if he isn't targeted exclusively ....I predict Diggs will have Stroud in tears by mid season if he doesn't get the ball thrown to him every time. 

I'd say there is a slim chance of that happening.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have to admit, I have never heard of him. I just looked up his stats, now I know why homer simpson laughing GIF

He was a 7th round pick.  I won't fault the Texans for this.  I think they will win the AFC South.  

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

He was a 7th round pick.  I won't fault the Texans for this.  I think they will win the AFC South.  

On paper, they have the best team. I would pick them to win the South as of now. I have them pegged at 11 wins. I think we win probably 10 and finish 2nd. Jacks may win 9 or 10 as well. They should with Trevor. The division should be good. Titans will finish last, but they could even win 7 games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

On paper, they have the best team. I would pick them to win the South as of now. I have them pegged at 11 wins. I think we win probably 10 and finish 2nd. Jacks may win 9 or 10 as well. They should with Trevor. The division should be good. Titans will finish last, but they could even win 7 games.

The Jags also scare me.  They could be a 11 or 12 win team.   I'm afraid the Colts may finish 3rd in the division and miss the post season again.  If that is so, hopefully they know they have their franchise QB and can make improvements for 2025.