Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade idea

1st round swap, 3rd and next year 5th

For 

Tee Higgins 

I've seen people fawn over Rome Odunze, Brian Thomas Jr. and not as much Adonai Mitchell

All of these guys you would hope can be as good as Tee Higgins. We would add a pro-bowl caliber player while only losing out on a day 2 and next year day 3 player. The Bengals recieves immediate and more draft value than waiting for compensation if he leaves.

At 18 we are still in range for all of the CBs that were at 15 as well as Chop Robinson at edge and JPJ at Center/Guard

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Too Proud said:

Trade idea

For 

Tee Higgins 

I've seen people fawn over Rome Odunze, Brian Thomas Jr. and not as much Adonai Mitchell

All of these guys you would hope can be as good as Tee Higgins. We would add a pro-bowl caliber player while only losing out on a day 2 and next year day 3 player. The Bengals recieves immediate and more draft value than waiting for compensation if he leaves.

At 18 we are still in range for all of the CBs that were at 15 as well as Chop Robinson at edge and JPJ at Center/Guard

Higgins is a great receiver. And I don’t see Mike Brown trading him. Once Brown decides something, he rarely changes his mind. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Higgins is a great receiver. And I don’t see Mike Brown trading him. Once Brown decides something, he rarely changes his mind. 

Agree. Know a lot of Bengals fans and they feel like, at the minimum, he'll be there for the tag. Cincy's offense is based on their 3 receiver attack and to drop Higgins and bring in an unknown seems unlikely.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ColtV said:

Agree. Know a lot of Bengals fans and they feel like, at the minimum, he'll be there for the tag. Cincy's offense is based on their 3 receiver attack and to drop Higgins and bring in an unknown seems unlikely.

Appreciate the read.... Just a idea

I see some Sneed trade rumors and thought about another way to utilize AR rookie contract and build around him ( also probably give defensive Coordinators nightmares)

7 hours ago, Mr. Too Proud said:

Trade idea

For 

Tee Higgins 

Several problems….    In no particular order.    

1.   You’re assuming Cincy would do that deal.    I doubt it.   They might even get better offers than the one you suggested. 

2.   Joe Burrow has publicly said the Cincinnati management promised him Higgins would be back.  

3.   Even if a deal could be done, it would give the Colts two hugely expensive WRs.  
That would blow up the Colts salary cap. 

And that’s not happening. 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Several problems….    In no particular order.    

1.   You’re assuming Cincy would do that deal.    I doubt it.   They might even get better offers than the one you suggested. 

2.   Joe Burrow has publicly said the Cincinnati management promised him Higgins would be back.  

3.   Even if a deal could be done, it would give the Colts two hugely expensive WRs.  
That would blow up the Colts salary cap. 

And that’s not happening. 

1. Reports are no one has called as of yesterday.

2. This may give Joe a chance at Bowers and Keon Coleman both on rookie contracts but who knows.

3. We paid Uncle Phil and Jacoby Brissett at the same time why not 2 guys who can be on the field at the same time? We have a rookie QB contract so it's possible just depending on contract.

I agree probably not happening but I see alot of ideas on this thread that never happens.... 1 more idea doesn't hurt does it?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mr. Too Proud said:

Lol I thought he was cheap

Was being the key word in your sentence. That was before Burrow. The team has honestly never had a superstar QB like this before. Not even Carson Palmer had this kind of hype.

9 hours ago, ColtV said:

Tyler Boyd is getting interest from the Steelers, Chiefs and Jets, so their 3 WR plans probably get renewed in the draft.

36 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Tyler Boyd is getting interest from the Steelers, Chiefs and Jets, so their 3 WR plans probably get renewed in the draft.

The NIL is supposedly gutting the later rounds.... The trade I purpose is essentially the value of two 3rd round picks and a 5th but in reality it's just two picks

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=Cin

The value of the Bengals moving up 3 picks is 150 (which is equal value as pick 88)

Our pick in the 3rd is 180

Throw in that 5th and the value is somewhere in the 2nd round....

Best scenario the Bengals can walk away with Brock Bowers or the top rated right tackle, Keon Coleman and three 3rd round picks to build a team around a QB no longer on the Rookie Contract.

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Was being the key word in your sentence. That was before Burrow. The team has honestly never had a superstar QB like this before. Not even Carson Palmer had this kind of hype.

Free Agency isn't over with but I haven't seen him backing up the brinks truck yet

7 minutes ago, Mr. Too Proud said:

The NIL is supposedly gutting the later rounds.... The trade I purpose is essentially the value of two 3rd round picks and a 5th but in reality it's just two picks

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=Cin

The value of the Bengals moving up 3 picks is 150 (which is equal value as pick 88)

Our pick in the 3rd is 180

Throw in that 5th and the value is somewhere in the 2nd round....

Best scenario the Bengals can walk away with Brock Bowers or the top rated right tackle, Keon Coleman and three 3rd round picks to build a team around a QB no longer on the Rookie Contract.

I just don't see Ballard pony up another $20 mil. to sign another WR, there in lies the issue. The trade value is actually decent for both teams to agree to. Ballard might just want to not hamstring the team by having 2 WR contracts expire around the same time on top of both being north of $20 mil.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I just don't see Ballard pony up another $20 mil. to sign another WR, there in lies the issue. The trade value is actually decent for both teams to agree to. Ballard might just want to not hamstring the team by having 2 WR contracts expire around the same time on top of both being north of $20 mil.

Touché it was just a idea....

• Like 2

Isn’t Higgins a similar player to MPJ?  I’m sure he would help our offense but I feel we have that role filled with an already very good receiver.  I’m definitely in the minority here but I feel our offense is good enough to see if any of these young guys step up. Down, Pierce and the TEs should have at least one of them elevate nicely with AR at QB. Now if we are in position to draft a playmaker I would fully understand it but none of these FAs seem to be much of an improvement where it’s worth the price tag. Maybe there is a trade option out there but I would be ok with rolling with what we have and building the defense or drafting someone if the value is there. Just my take. 

13 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Isn’t Higgins a similar player to MPJ?  I’m sure he would help our offense but I feel we have that role filled with an already very good receiver.  I’m definitely in the minority here but I feel our offense is good enough to see if any of these young guys step up. Down, Pierce and the TEs should have at least one of them elevate nicely with AR at QB. Now if we are in position to draft a playmaker I would fully understand it but none of these FAs seem to be much of an improvement where it’s worth the price tag. Maybe there is a trade option out there but I would be ok with rolling with what we have and building the defense or drafting someone if the value is there. Just my take. 

Appreciate the opportunity to discuss....

We definitely don't see the offense the same. But that's OK, when MPJ was out because of the concussion I felt like no one stepped up reciever wise. I feel like we didn't really have a no.2 option and that makes our offense really easy to scheme against.

I think the body types are similar but so is Alec Pierce....

We seen the Bengals consistently make the playoffs with AJ Green, Mohammed Sanu and Marvin Jones..... Brandon Marshall and Ashon Jeffrey were quite the pair as well....

Also trust in SS to draw something up 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mr. Too Proud said:

Appreciate the opportunity to discuss....

We definitely don't see the offense the same. But that's OK, when MPJ was out because of the concussion I felt like no one stepped up reciever wise. I feel like we didn't really have a no.2 option and that makes our offense really easy to scheme against.

I think the body types are similar but so is Alec Pierce....

We seen the Bengals consistently make the playoffs with AJ Green, Mohammed Sanu and Marvin Jones..... Brandon Marshall and Ashon Jeffrey were quite the pair as well....

Also trust in SS to draw something up 

You are right and the offense did struggle when MPJ was out. One of the other receivers or TEs need to elevate their game. I still don’t think Higgins and MPJ at the salaries they will both command would be a dynamic enough duo to warrant the cost bc they are similar type players. I do agree it would be an upgrade over what we have now though. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

You are right and the offense did struggle when MPJ was out. One of the other receivers or TEs need to elevate their game. I still don’t think Higgins and MPJ at the salaries they will both command would be a dynamic enough duo to warrant the cost bc they are similar type players. I do agree it would be an upgrade over what we have now though. 

Russell Wilson had the Legion of Boom but also many great weapons during the Seahawks super bowl runs.

Patrick Mahomes weapons were great during his rookie contract and early Superbowl.

Lamar Jackson is just starting to get talent around him but his rookie contract is up.

I hope whatever we do, we don't overlook talent/ offensive weapons similar to the Ravens just because we got a Alien playing QB.

Don't necessarily want to go back and forth.... not trying to troll and I get that many do not like the idea of paying two WRs.

46 minutes ago, Mr. Too Proud said:

Russell Wilson had the Legion of Boom but also many great weapons during the Seahawks super bowl runs.

Patrick Mahomes weapons were great during his rookie contract and early Superbowl.

Lamar Jackson is just starting to get talent around him but his rookie contract is up.

I hope whatever we do, we don't overlook talent/ offensive weapons similar to the Ravens just because we got a Alien playing QB.

Don't necessarily want to go back and forth.... not trying to troll and I get that many do not like the idea of paying two WRs.

It’s all good!  I enjoy the discussion. I’m all on board with paying two WRs. We did it during the Manning, Wayne and Harrison years and had great success. I guess my point is I would prefer more of a Harrison/Wayne duo bc their skill sets were different and complimented each other. Right now I feel like we have Wayne and Stokley and need the Harrison type. Still, just want to be clear I do think Higgins would be an upgrade. Maybe one or both of them are more than capable of stretching the field and haven’t been given the opportunity bc of the roles they were asked to play for their teams. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

It’s all good!  I enjoy the discussion. I’m all on board with paying two WRs. We did it during the Manning, Wayne and Harrison years and had great success. I guess my point is I would prefer more of a Harrison/Wayne duo bc their skill sets were different and complimented each other. Right now I feel like we have Wayne and Stokley and need the Harrison type. Still, just want to be clear I do think Higgins would be an upgrade. Maybe one or both of them are more than capable of stretching the field and haven’t been given the opportunity bc of the roles they were asked to play for their teams. 

Marvin Harrison Jr is that player you speak of

• Like 1

On 3/14/2024 at 5:45 PM, Mr. Too Proud said:

Trade idea

For 

Tee Higgins 

Colts need to go all in Higgins and sneed 

On 3/15/2024 at 1:48 PM, Mr. Too Proud said:

ar needs elite receivers to help him gain confidence we have one in pittman the rest may or may not develop , dont waste his season with just average pass catchers, cap money spent on skill positions is cap well spent imo

• Like 1