Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

4 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

This. The apologists act like the Texans gave up the farm for Diggs.

Such an eye-rolling statement to make, and pretty pejorative. 

Who here was banging the table for Diggs, at any cost?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

This. The apologists act like the Texans gave up the farm for Diggs.

Even if he is a cancer or Diva, those guys usually play nice the first season or two with their new teams.  Just knowing he's the new kid in the Stroud, Collins Ryan room probably means he's not going to be shooting his mouth off right away.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DougDew said:

You still don't get it.  Like many, I think he'll do a good job from here.  I have hope that he's finally learned the importance of explosion vs pancakes.  But maybe not.

But unlike many, I'm not going to say that he will stink forever.  And unlike many, I'm not setting up to say how wonderful he has been all along because we finally win a SB 10 years after his hiring....like you probably will say.

I wouldn’t even know where to begin….  

You mean if the Colts finally win a Super Bowl with Ballard after 10 or 11 years, you’re not going to be happy?   Or are you going to point out to everyone that it took so long and so the achievement should be diminished?  

Is a Super Bowl win to be discounted if it takes too long for some of the fan base?!?  

The amount of mileage you’ve gotten out of Ballard taking Nelson with the 6th pick can’t be calculated.   Not to mention all the times you’ve listed the picks he’s made that you conclude were wrong and have led to our struggles.  Those posts are whoppers.

But no worries.   The yellow emoji’s have been removed.   You’re safe.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

Noone and that's not the point. We've had this discussion you and I and you should know by now where I stand on how to handle FA. Caserio is using FA to improve the their team. Ballard is plugging holes with duds and jags instead of finding pieces we can build around - in FA AND the draft.

In short: Caserio is making a move to improve to their team (no matter what it is) while Ballard is not. Meanwhile the apologists are grasping at anything to cover Ballard's behind.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

Sure seems like the league was waiting for Blackmon to sign before doing anything else safety-wise. 

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

Okay, now this doesn't seem sincere.  Was Diggs even thought to be available?   Who bangs the table for any one player in the NFL who does not seem to be on the trade block.  If he was, it was not common knowledge here.

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I wouldn’t even know where to begin….  

You mean if the Colts finally win a Super Bowl with Ballard after 10 or 11 years, you’re not going to be happy?   Or are you going to point out to everyone that it took so long and so the achievement should be diminished?  

Is a Super Bowl win to be discounted if it takes too long for some of the fan base?!?  

The amount of mileage you’ve gotten out of Ballard taking Nelson with the 6th pick can’t be calculated.   Not to mention all the times you’ve listed the picks he’s made that you conclude were wrong and have led to our struggles.  Those posts are whoppers.

But no worries.   The yellow emoji’s have been removed.   You’re safe.  

Why are you asking questions that move the goal posts so far it looks like they're in Siberia?  Is it because they took away your chucklehead reaction?

This isn't difficult.  For years I've wanted explosion vs pancakes. And made many posts with that same principal.   If the GM does it, when he does it, if he does it, I'll be happy.

And if it doesn't happen, I'll point it out, just like I have been.   Others can decide if they want Ballard around to try the next year.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The NFL will probably be cruel and make the colts play in Houston game one.😅

That would be better for the Colts. AR will not be on IR yet. :peek:

Joking....just joking!

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Even if he is a cancer or Diva, those guys usually play nice the first season or two with their new teams.  Just knowing he's the new kid in the Stroud, Collins Ryan room probably means he's not going to be shooting his mouth off right away.

Even if he doesn't work out, they haven't lost anything. They made a move to try and improve. That's more than what we get.

Noone and that's not the point. We've had this discussion you and I and you should know by now where I stand on how to handle FA. Caserio is using FA to improve the their team. Ballard is plugging holes with duds and jags instead of finding pieces we can build around - in FA AND the draft.

In short: Caserio is making a move to improve to their team (no matter what it is) while Ballard is not. Meanwhile the apologists are grasping at anything to cover Ballard's behind.

Who is acting like the Texans gave up the farm for Diggs?

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This tweet has me thinking colts players are ok with mediocrity because they know Ballard is going to overpay them to keep them here.

And he still has done nothing.

You know what? I don't mind tha type of attitude from Zaire. IF WE HAD ACTUALLY ACHIEVED ANYTHING... like AT ALL!!! The Superbowl is indeed not won in March... but Zaire and the 10 other players Ballard re-signed have no leg to stand on and are in no position to be cocky or dismissive about the fans worrying about their team not having done enough in the off-season because we have watched that team be either complete % or % their pants in the most important games for the last 3 years... 

• Like 3

Just now, Solid84 said:

Even if he doesn't work out, they haven't lost anything. They made a move to try and improve. That's more than what we get.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did anybody here know Diggs was on the trading block?   I'm not here every day, but I don't think anybody here was in position to pound their fists for him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Okay, now this doesn't seem sincere.  Was Diggs even thought to be available?   Who bangs the table for any one player in the NFL who does not seem to be on the trade block.  If he was, it was not common knowledge here.

Diggs has been at odds with the Bills for a long time, and it has been discussed on this board, and elsewhere. Solid84 himself said he didn't want Diggs. Now anyone who isn't raging against Ballard after this move is an apologist.

https://theathletic.com/5387835/2024/04/03/stefon-diggs-trade-bills-texans-attitude/

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Nate! said:

Julio was coming off injury/playing through it.  I just don’t see it as a slam dunk.   Wide range of outcomes here including complete disaster 

In no way am I saying it could be a slam dunk. It could be a disaster. I was just listing some of the reasons I think it could be successful. 

Just like those on this board that think Bowers is overrated. 

I only lean on Bowers body of work in college to say he will be successful. 

But of course Bowers could be a bust like any draft pick

Just now, DougDew said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did anybody here know Diggs was on the trading block?   I'm not here every day, but I don't think anybody here was in position to pound their fists for him.

Let’s just say the Bills weren’t exactly putting up billboards with blinking lights to advertise it. That said, I don’t think they’re too sad to see him go. 

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Yeah it’s been rumored for awhile it could happen.  It’s a good move for bills. They need to reshape the pass catching group and going younger while Allen is in his prime is smart. They also could be looking to make a move for Higgins or something.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I think it was rumoured he COULD be traded and there was a thread here on the forum suggesting we could pick him up. IIRC people were against it for various reasons - age, diva, etc.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Exactly. They really didn’t need to make this move. It’s just a luxury at this point.

I could see the Bills winning this trade.  They have an extra 2nd in 2025.  They could trade up this year with a 1st from 2025 and go and get a receiver.  They might try to trade for Higgins or Aiyuk.  They now have some interesting possibilities.

Texans turned around their franchise in like one year while Ballard is heading into year 8.

Just now, richard pallo said:

I could see the Bills winning this trade.  They have an extra 2nd in 2025.  They could trade up this year with a 1st from 2025 and go and get a receiver.  They might try to trade for Higgins or Aiyuk.  They now have some interesting possibilities.

It’s 100% win for bills. They nedddd to reshape their WR group for awhile.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

In no way am I saying it could be a slam dunk. It could be a disaster. I was just listing some of the reasons I think it could be successful. 

Just like those on this board that think Bowers is overrated. 

I only lean on Bowers body of work in college to say he will be successful. 

But of course Bowers could be a bust like any draft pick

Some info on Diggs:

91 players ran at least 200 routes from Week 8 onward. Stefon Diggs ranks per @FantasyPtsData: -52nd in YPRR (1.55) -52nd in 1st downs per route run (0.077) This despite still ranking top-12 in target share. Serious regression on tape + locker room concerns.

I’m not on the Bowers hate train.  Great prospect.  Nothing like Diggs situation.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

I think it was rumoured he COULD be traded and there was a thread here on the forum suggesting we could pick him up. IIRC people were against it for various reasons - age, diva, etc.

"People" were against it... YOU were against it. So was AKB. The possibility of the Colts trading for Diggs was mostly viewed negatively, by "people" in this very thread who seem to now be criticizing Ballard for not trading for Diggs.

https://forums.colts.com/topic/76634-proposed-trade-for-stefon-diggs-to-colts/?do=findComment&comment=2624221

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Texans turned around their franchise in like one year while Ballard is heading into year 8.

All Ballard has to do is draft  a perverted QB and trade him to the Browns for a ton of 1st round draft picks. That's how the Texans did it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

Who is acting like the Texans gave up the farm for Diggs?

I mean, several people here are already verbally "rolling their eyes" because this Diggs situation again reminded people how much of bupkis Ballard has done. Do you want me to call them out? Don't think that's standard forum practice.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Why are you asking questions that move the goal posts so far it looks like they're in Siberia?  Is it because they took away your chucklehead reaction?

This isn't difficult.  For years I've wanted explosion vs pancakes. And made many posts with that same principal.   If the GM does it, when he does it, if he does it, I'll be happy.

And if it doesn't happen, I'll point it out, just like I have been.   Others can decide if they want Ballard around to try the next year.

Ok….  That’s a great non-answer answer.   Just like yesterday’s non-answer answer when I told you Ballard says you’re wrong.   

Ok….    Whatever.   

8 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I knew it was a conversation like a year ago, but I thought things got smoothed out recently. I guess not.

Regardless, the Texans likely have the best WR group in the NFL now. I feel like I could have a decent season at QB with that group! 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

All Ballard has to do is draft  a pervert QB and trade him to the Browns for a ton of 1st round draft picks. That's how the Texans did it.

While changing HCs three years in a row, and being unable to win more than 4 games in any given year. 

The Texans look good right now, arrow is firmly pointing up. Mostly because they got a HC and QB. I don't know why they're viewed as a model franchise for turning a team around. 

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

"People" were against it... YOU were against it. So was AKB. The possibility of the Colts trading for Diggs was mostly viewed negatively, by "people" in this very thread who seem to now be criticizing Ballard for not trading for Diggs.

https://forums.colts.com/topic/76634-proposed-trade-for-stefon-diggs-to-colts/?do=findComment&comment=2624221

You're missing the point, again.

I was against the trade, I'm not afraid to say so? Is this an attempt to "call me out"? Lol.

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

Okay, I stand corrected.  I guess there was opportunity to express it.  Sounds like it was a rumor more than serious talks at the time.  Sometimes those threads don't get traction if the readers think a lot of capital would be involved, and carry a different tune if they figured it just took peanuts.

I'm not on folks for anything Diggs related.   I think the team is one or two years away from even thinking about making those kinds of short term moves.

• Like 1

I mean, several people here are already verbally "rolling their eyes" because this Diggs situation again reminded people how much of bupkis Ballard has done. Do you want me to call them out? Don't think that's standard forum practice.

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

You're missing the point, again.

I was against the trade, I'm not afraid to say so? Is this an attempt to "call me out"? Lol.

I'm not trying to call you out. I don't do subliminals, you know that. I'm asking for a good faith discussion without name calling and labeling. I don't call you or anyone else a Ballard hater just because you disagree with me on something he does or doesn't do.

I don't think not trading for someone like Diggs has any relevance to my opinion on Ballard. Eye rolling because people are hyperventilating about a player that they didn't even want is very different from being an apologist.

3 minutes ago, Nate! said:

Some info on Diggs:

91 players ran at least 200 routes from Week 8 onward. Stefon Diggs ranks per @FantasyPtsData: -52nd in YPRR (1.55) -52nd in 1st downs per route run (0.077) This despite still ranking top-12 in target share. Serious regression on tape + locker room concerns.

I’m not on the Bowers hate train.  Great prospect.  Nothing like Diggs situation.  

Not sure if you saw my other post where the Bills changed OCs mid season.

If you could run diggs numbers the 1st half of the season compared to the second half you would see his 1st half numbers were very good.

Also he played injured the second half of the season which is very un diva like

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s 100% win for bills. They nedddd to reshape their WR group for awhile.

They also had a huge fire sale and traded away some of their best players to accumulate extra picks. Their “superstar” QB ended up being an * and the Browns ended up being even bigger *s in trading for him. 

Not to mention the Texans absolutely sucked for like 2-3 years straight. 

• Like 2