Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 Gavin's Mock Draft - Participants (Any New as well) Invited!

6 minutes ago, Mike06181 said:

Look back for the link to the worksheet. 

@NFLfan can you post the link to the worksheet on Page 1 as an additional post? Just curious, since you are a moderator. :) 

EDIT: I got it, it is on Page 1 in a circuitous way. Why not pin the separate thread for picks separately?

I am confused, it says the draft pick thread is pinned but I don't see it in the list of threads???

@NFLfan @csmopar @VikingsFanInChennai

I sent my 3rd round pick preferences to you, in case I am not available when they come up tonight.

VikingsFan, the system would not allow me to send you a PM, so you'll have to get them from the other two.

My Teams So Far

GREEN BAY PACKERS - Made the trade of the draft, even though they only moved up 4 spots.  They had awful issues with their secondary, with everyone either injured, suspended, or a free agent.  Lost safety Darnell Savage to another team.  Biggest needs: OT, CB, S

1/21 - Cooper DeJean, DB, Iowa (can do everything, corner, safety, kick returner)

2/41 - Tyler Nubin, S, Minnesota (best pure safety in the draft, not the greatest speed, but always in the right place)

2/58 - Kingsley Suamatai, OT, BYU (freakishly athletic, needs a bit of seasoning, comps to Christian Darrisaw)

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS - Needs to retool after recent successes.  Veterans like Lavonte David and Mike Evans are entering the sunset of their careers.

1/26 - Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon (downfield big play speedster, but still a bit of a one-trick pony)

2/57 - Marshawn Kneeland, DE, Western Michigan (big effort unknown, who made a splash at the combine)

MIAMI DOLPHINS - Lost a lot of their players to big contracts in free agency.  Need to "build back better" (thank you, Joe Biden), to replace what they've lost.  Had no 3rd nor 4th round pick.  Traded down to pick up a 3rd.

1/25 - Chop Robinson, DE, Penn St (explosive pass rusher, but compact with short arms)

2/55 - Ja'Tavian Sanders, TE, Texas (Phins had 0 TD's from their tight ends, Sanders should improve that stat)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

2012 Subaru Forester with 92K miles 

Bet feels like revisiting buying your first time car :thmup:

1 hour ago, coltsfanej said:

Man that trade down hurt. All my Oline came off. And the last one right before my pick just to add insult to injury. lol 

Had to go with my offense weapon guy. 

My idea with Wilson is to convert to TE and have a year to learn behind Ertz and bulk up. And using his size as a bully slot/redzone target for Maye this year. Massive size and a 9.7 RAS should have some potential to be a big athletic target. 

We all experience adding salt to the wound, that's more insult than the injury haha

1 hour ago, Mike06181 said:

Lions trade back worked perfectly. Got same guy I would have drafted late in rd 1. Plus got a 4th rd pick which we didnt have one.

All Colts fans got to select a consensus pick for Colts this year, and you got to pick for Lions in the meantime..

Tomorrow, @chad72 will be back to pick for the Lions.. if not, I'll use the suggestions you've provided. 

55 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Chargers got their shiny new WR and an OT to hopefully keep Herbert protected. Good draft for them so far I think. 

Great picks so far, their fans should be happy if it falls this way.

27 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@NFLfan can you post the link to the worksheet on Page 1 as an additional post? Just curious, since you are a moderator. :) 

EDIT: I got it, it is on Page 1 in a circuitous way. Why not pin the separate thread for picks separately?

I am confused, it says the draft pick thread is pinned but I don't see it in the list of threads???

WR continue to post the draft tracker at the beginning of each day, and throughout the draft hours, so haven't really wanted to make separate thread for any purpose. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L022ricXc2SzGp_vDX9LnE6trouob21A/edit?usp=drivesdk&ouid=106424999949704288912&rtpof=true&sd=true

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I sent my 3rd round pick preferences to you, in case I am not available when they come up tonight.

VikingsFan, the system would not allow me to send you a PM, so you'll have to get them from the other two.

My Teams So Far

GREEN BAY PACKERS - Made the trade of the draft, even though they only moved up 4 spots.  They had awful issues with their secondary, with everyone either injured, suspended, or a free agent.  Lost safety Darnell Savage to another team.  Biggest needs: OT, CB, S

1/21 - Cooper DeJean, DB, Iowa (can do everything, corner, safety, kick returner)

2/41 - Tyler Nubin, S, Minnesota (best pure safety in the draft, not the greatest speed, but always in the right place)

2/58 - Kingsley Suamatai, OT, BYU (freakishly athletic, needs a bit of seasoning, comps to Christian Darrisaw)

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS - Needs to retool after recent successes.  Veterans like Lavonte David and Mike Evans are entering the sunset of their careers.

1/26 - Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon (downfield big play speedster, but still a bit of a one-trick pony)

2/57 - Marshawn Kneeland, DE, Western Michigan (big effort unknown, who made a splash at the combine)

MIAMI DOLPHINS - Lost a lot of their players to big contracts in free agency.  Need to "build back better" (thank you, Joe Biden), to replace what they've lost.  Had no 3rd nor 4th round pick.  Traded down to pick up a 3rd.

1/25 - Chop Robinson, DE, Penn St (explosive pass rusher, but compact with short arms)

2/55 - Ja'Tavian Sanders, TE, Texas (Phins had 0 TD's from their tight ends, Sanders should improve that stat)

Great picks, so far so good.

I pick for Packers and Colts in Vikings forum a week before the real draft, so this helps. 

A whole bunch of teams blew it with Adonai Mitchell, definitely a better prospect than Legette and Worthy, IMO. For him to slide down to No.39 is a big faux paus on all the WR needy playoff teams, that is my observation at least.

• Like 2

Just now, chad72 said:

A whole bunch of teams blew it with Adonai Mitchell, definitely a better prospect than Legette and Worthy, IMO. For him to slide down to No.39 is a big faux paus on all the WR needy playoff teams, that is my observation at least.

I tried to pick him for any team that didn't have GM present but consensus selection or needs or BPA per the board went the other way. I was surprised he lasted that long, the board I prepared from DraftTek had him in second round, so that probably contributed a bit. 

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I tried to pick him for any team that didn't have GM present but consensus selection or needs or BPA per the board went the other way. I was surprised he lasted that long, the board I prepared from DraftTek had him in second round, so that probably contributed a bit. 

I would prefer the NFL.com ratings over Drafttek but that is fine, it is what it is. Bills would be running to the podium for Adonai Mitchell now after the Diggs trade, they and the Ravens have brought him in for a visit.

• Like 1

Just now, chad72 said:

I would prefer the NFL.com ratings over Drafttek but that is fine, it is what it is. Bills would be running to the podium for Adonai Mitchell now after the Diggs trade, they and the Ravens have brought him in for a visit.

For sure, I immediately thought of that after Diggs trade, they surely Target him or someone, may even move up if they feel nervous. It'll be fun to see what they do for Allen after sending Diggs and Davis away. 

3 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

For sure, I immediately thought of that after Diggs trade, they surely Target him or someone, may even move up if they feel nervous. It'll be fun to see what they do for Allen after sending Diggs and Davis away. 

Ask Allen to play like Lamar Jackson and become a run heavy team, lol

Or ask him to be Mahomes and carry average WRs to the Super Bowl hoping Sean McDermott turns the D around, another lol :) 

Bills window for representing the AFC went out the window for a year or two, IMO, and Bengals and Texans have leapfrogged them to challenge the Chiefs along with the Ravens. That AFC North is brutal, which helps the Texans' case for a seeding, while Mahomes enjoys the weaker AFC West for a little while like Brady enjoyed the AFC East for a while, history repeats itself. :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I've used the Drafttek ratings for a long time.  Although nowadays I prefer Tankathon.  However, Tankathon only does the top 100.  If you want to lay out a 7-round board, you can't use them.

23 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Bet feels like revisiting buying your first time car :thmup:

Yeah, just that my first car cost me probably a third as much. :) 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Had I kept the Bengals picks and not traded up for Bowers, Mitchell was on my list. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I've used the Drafttek ratings for a long time.  Although nowadays I prefer Tankathon.  However, Tankathon only does the top 100.  If you want to lay out a 7-round board, you can't use them.

Most sites have top 100 only, hence my fallback. I used NFL Mock Draft database website as well. 

Could've used PFF, but had to go pages of 25 players. Maybe, next time.. I didn't spend lot of time this time for Big Board.

Moreover, this forum is knowledgeable, Big Board is just for keeping track of which players aren't yet selected during the draft hours, not necessarily for following the order of player rankings. 

• Like 2

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Most sites have top 100 only, hence my fallback. I used NFL Mock Draft database website as well. 

Could've used PFF, but had to go pages of 25 players. Maybe, next time.. I didn't spend lot of time this time for Big Board.

Moreover, this forum is knowledgeable, Big Board is just for keeping track of which players aren't yet selected during the draft hours, not necessarily for following the order of player rankings. 

For our first round this big board was fairly spot on. And thru 2 rds its been good for the most part too. I felt it was better than the board last yr.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mike06181 said:

For our first round this big board was fairly spot on. And thru 2 rds its been good for the most part too. I felt it was better than the board last yr.

Last year, I had obtained the Excel sheet from Vikings forum, and when they had prepared they had used immediate-post-Combine version. This time, I prepared myself only few days ago 

• Like 1

Pretty happy with the Jets draft so far. Turned pick 10 into JC Latham AND Roman Wilson through the trade. Filled a couple of gaping holes on the roster with a new tackle and someone for Aaron Rodgers to throw to besides Garrett Wilson.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

My Teams So Far

Can you try adding me in that PM today when you get time, the message where you sent your preferred list of choices to other commissioners.

My message box was 100% full, and I have cleared enough to receive more messages freely now. You should be able to reach me by PM. 

3 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Can you try adding me in that PM today when you get time, the message where you sent your preferred list of choices to other commissioners.

My message box was 100% full, and I have cleared enough to receive more messages freely now. You should be able to reach me by PM. 

Sent!

6 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Not gonna lie, this threw a wrench in my plans for the 66th overall pick lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I had added you to it when I signed in just 15 or so min ago. I see John Hammonds sent a separate one? I added you to the one he sent to Csmopar and me.

Good Evening,

Gavin's Mock Draft Round 3 starts in about 45 minutes, welcome to yet another potentially eventful day as lots of great prospects are out there to be drafted.

Follow the draft tracker and big board in the link given below, and keep yourself up-to-date/time as the draft moves along fast. 

Draft Tracker and Big Board

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L022ricXc2SzGp_vDX9LnE6trouob21A/edit?usp=drivesdk&ouid=104115094287707831452&rtpof=true&sd=true

I hope @chad72 is raring to go, select his first personal pick of this year's mock draft. Just 40 minutes left. 

• Like 3

Meanwhile, a Leopard is terrorizing our town for 3rd night (coincidentally since our Mock Draft started), and it still hasn't been caught. It happens in our district that has zero hills or forests, and zero wild cat population, it's a mystery how the wild animal even entered this region (at least 100 miles far away from any forests that could've any Wild Cat).

Surely, the place must look like Mars to the Leopard's native habitat and the Leopard must not like the stay, except for few stray animals it has killed that we've got to know later. 

I'll take few minutes now to prepare with all the PMs that have flooded to create a list of sub-lists of GMs and their choices. 

Howdy, all.

I won't be here for the draft. The following individuals have sent PMs with lists of their picks in case they are not here when they are on the clock:

@PRnum1 

@TomDiggs

@ColtsGermany 

@John HammondsJ

And possibly @stitches 

@VikingsFanInChennai let me know if you have all of these. (I did not receive one from Stitches, as I told him I won't be here for the draft.)

I'm here for about 15 minutes if anyone needs me to do something.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Meanwhile, a Leopard is terrorizing our town for 3rd night (coincidentally since our Mock Draft started), and it still hasn't been caught. It happens in our district that has zero hills or forests, and zero wild cat population, it's a mystery how the wild animal even entered this region (at least 100 miles far away from any forests that could've any Wild Cat).

Surely, the place must look like Mars to the Leopard's native habitat and the Leopard must not like the stay, except for few stray animals it has killed that we've got to know later. 

I'll take few minutes now to prepare with all the PMs that have flooded to create a list of sub-lists of GMs and their choices. 

WOW! Maybe it traveled from the Red Hills Forest? 

You guys probably have a better chance of getting a cyclone compared to a leopard!

27 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Oh no. That's wild. Stay safe.

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

WOW! Maybe it traveled from the Red Hills Forest? 

You guys probably have a better chance of getting a cyclone compared to a leopard!

I used to work in Chennai, but my native is further 150 miles South so the wild cats must live in the southern tip of eastern ghats (Red Hills) and mainly the western ghats that border our western part of the state, which has all sorts of Wild Cats and wild animals except for Lions (they're in sanctuaries too).

I live in the eastern seashore though, 15 miles from Ocean and it's hundreds of miles away from Western ghats (since you know our geography)... So they suspect Leopard escaped from goods train or someone might have had as illegal pet. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said: