Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kelvin Hayden Still Not Signed

Friddeadine

After a report from NFL network he visited the Bears but did not get signed. Maybe we can get him cheaper if no one signs him soon. Would we have to pay the penalty on the cap even if we resigned him?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8215520d/article/bears-decide-not-to-sign-excolts-cb-hayden-after-visit

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe that the Colts would have to pay the cap penalty even if they did resign him. Which is why it wouldn't make much sense for them to do so. Although, personally I wouldn't mind having him back in the fold if healthy. Got to wonder if he is healthy though. He is easily better than any of the corners the Bears currently have but they decided not to sign him after the physical.

The Bears reportedly believe that Hayden is not healed 100 percent from his neck injury. My guess is the Colts already knew this, and that's why they cut him. I suspect we won't see Hayden again unless someone goes down during the season, Hayden is still available and he's reasonably healthy.

the colts should sign someone sure he is old but he can still play cover 2 in the colts system and he is a great tough press corner and he is smart makes alot of plays and solid tackler and i think we shoul get a speedy corner just to have one

Here - use these: . , ? (shift key for caps)

Not trying to be mean, but give us a break!

I would love to see hayden back, but it just won't work. If we pay him to comback not knowing when he can be efective, then we would have wasted money for a cb in case some one gets hurt during the season. Our only realistic hope to get another cb is that someone gets cut. It would be nice to find a danny woodhead story at cb.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe that the Colts would have to pay the cap penalty even if they did resign him. Which is why it wouldn't make much sense for them to do so. Although, personally I wouldn't mind having him back in the fold if healthy. Got to wonder if he is healthy though. He is easily better than any of the corners the Bears currently have but they decided not to sign him after the physical.

I think you're correct on both points. It may turn out that his health had more to do with us letting him go than his contract numbers.