Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Combine 2024

4 hours ago, OhioColt said:

Need to take another look at Jaylx Hunt.  Really impressive performances today. 

The Draft Network says that he's incredibly raw.  Started out as a Safety before moving to Edge rusher.  He's got some incredible measurables, but low experience at the position.  Sounds like a swift special teams player while he gets trained up.  Can he play at this level?  Gonna find out!

24 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I’ll take Chop and Fiske 1 and 2 and call it good. 

load up that d-line baby

Yeah, Round 3 should have enough good contributors for WR, especially if we re-sign Pittman but the D will be able to give the offense the margin for error.

10 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

The Draft Network says that he's incredibly raw.  Started out as a Safety before moving to Edge rusher.  He's got some incredible measurables, but low experience at the position.  Sounds like a swift special teams player while he gets trained up.  Can he play at this level?  Gonna find out!

Yeah, not going back to the Ben Banogu vibes again, hmmmm.....no till Round 4. Any projects that are raw should wait till Day 3 and I hope Ballard continues to adapt his drafting of projects like he got the "super tester" Adetomiwa Adebawore in Round 4 last year.

3 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Dallas Turner has some crazy speed, and as for the LBs I'm watching Wilson and Cooper ran great.

Wilson is one of my guys for this draft. If his medicals check out, I'd trade up into the 2nd to get him. He has a Ballard LB build, is insanely athethic, very productive in college, Senior Bowl, and as an older prospect he seems to be pretty mature.

I know he tested with the edge rushers, but if the Colts like Dorian Robinson, I think it would be as a DT, 3-tech, behind Buckner.   I believe his best 40 time was recorded as 4.95.   Not good for a 4-3 DE.   But good for a 3-tech.   

I know he’s on the radar for many here after having a very good senior bowl.  

Everything about him is enticing. Long arms, tall, 300+ lbs, explosive, quick, etc… it’s easy to see why he was once a 5 star recruit.

Same as above. Screams Ballard guy

Watts is a day 3 sleeper

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Here's a question for the group:

How do y'all feel about players that opt out of the combine?

Personally I don't like it because it makes me think they are trying to hide deficits to their game like Bryce Young not throwing last year, and now this year notables so far have been Marvin Harrison Jr., Jaylan Ford, and possibly Bowers (He hasn't decided yet). As for Ford, I would take him off the board because his speed and acceleration was a big question mark, so his avoidance seems like a huge red flag, and on the opposite side you gotta like the players that bring the energy during the combine because to me that shows passion, high motor, and just being competitive.

I’m not a fan. Yo me it’s these agents getting into their head. Part of being in the NFL is being uncomfortable. I don’t like that rather than go to the combine and perform for better or worse they instead choose to do everything at their pro-day where everything is super scripted and it’s designed to make them to not fail. With QBs it’s one thing not to throw at the combine, but another to not work out at all. 

Bryce Young is a good example. I think his agent was afraid of how he’d look standing and throwing next to Will Levi’s, AR, and Stroud who were all at least 6’3” and had rocket arms. And we see that just from an athletic standpoint, he is much more deficient than those guys in that area. I just don’t like the diva attitude from athletes who have already been coddled for most of their life. MHJ should go out there, run his 40, do his jumps and agility testing and go home. If your tape is that strong, then an athletic test should be a cake walk for you.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I’m not a fan. Yo me it’s these agents getting into their head. Part of being in the NFL is being uncomfortable. I don’t like that rather than go to the combine and perform for better or worse they instead choose to do everything at their pro-day where everything is super scripted and it’s designed to make them to not fail. With QBs it’s one thing not to throw at the combine, but another to not work out at all. 

Bryce Young is a good example. I think his agent was afraid of how he’d look standing and throwing next to Will Levi’s, AR, and Stroud who were all at least 6’3” and had rocket arms. And we see that just from an athletic standpoint, he is much more deficient than those guys in that area. I just don’t like the diva attitude from athletes who have already been coddled for most of their life. MHJ should go out there, run his 40, do his jumps and agility testing and go home. If your tape is that strong, then an athletic test should be a cake walk for you.

I agree with this for the most part. The only thing is they have alot of money on the line. MHJ is going top 5 atm. Not going to raise any further. He could tear his ACL during these tests and loose out on being a top 5 pick and all the money that comes with it. It's a business decision.

Now for Ford, I agree with whichever post said that it's a huge red flag. Dude must be slow as syrup.

Ballard is going to have a field day with these D-Lineman and EDGE rushers. I bet he not only trades down at some point in the first two rounds, but I bet we draft both a D-Lineman, and an EDGE in the first 4 rounds (I think we'll end up with 6 picks in the top 4 rounds).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

Seems half the DL and LB invitees got a 9+ RAS. 

Ballard:

Water Fail GIF

Yep, Ballard is loving the RASsle Dazzle at the combine and looking forward to the draft. :) 

Excited Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, KB said:

I agree with this for the most part. The only thing is they have alot of money on the line. MHJ is going top 5 atm. Not going to raise any further. He could tear his ACL during these tests and loose out on being a top 5 pick and all the money that comes with it. It's a business decision.

Now for Ford, I agree with whichever post said that it's a huge red flag. Dude must be slow as syrup.

Money isn’t the issue in the way that you think. It’s been reported that MHJ made somewhere around $10-13 million in NIL money. So he’s not considered with losing money because he’s already made a bunch. I just think being a millionaire at 18 years old and having a dad who is a HoF WR has gone to his head. He’ll be drafted top 5 regardless like you said, so maybe it’s a moot point but I’d still like to see the competitive nature take over. At least do something. I don’t care about the on field drills, but at least do some testing.

20 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Money isn’t the issue in the way that you think. It’s been reported that MHJ made somewhere around $10-13 million in NIL money. So he’s not considered with losing money because he’s already made a bunch. I just think being a millionaire at 18 years old and having a dad who is a HoF WR has gone to his head. He’ll be drafted top 5 regardless like you said, so maybe it’s a moot point but I’d still like to see the competitive nature take over. At least do something. I don’t care about the on field drills, but at least do some testing.

I disagree with the beginning. Even if I make $18 million, I'm not going to want to lose out on any money. He has one shot to make as much money as possible and he is gonna milk it for as much as it's worth, as he should IMO. 

I can understand the want to see competitivness and show he is better than everyone else. Who knows, maybe his lack of a combine performance makes being #1 unattainable now. Which means he loses out on that money. I think his stock is secure where he is at though.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, KB said:

I disagree with the beginning. Even if I make $18 million, I'm not going to want to lose out on any money. He has one shot to make as much money as possible and he is gonna milk it for as much as it's worth, as he should IMO. 

I can understand the want to see competitivness and show he is better than everyone else. Who knows, maybe his lack of a combine performance makes being #1 unattainable now. Which means he loses out on that money. I think his stock is secure where he is at though.

It’s also being reported that he was supposed to talk to the media and never showed up. Regardless of how good he is, that’s kind of unprofessional.

• Like 1

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

It’s also being reported that he was supposed to talk to the media and never showed up. Regardless of how good he is, that’s kind of unprofessional.

I was unaware of that. Yeah that's a bad look. 

Dont think he’s working out because of a hamstring issue but this is one of my guys. Great measurables

Wiggins has shorter arms than expected and is a little lite in the frame. Good measurement from DeJean though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Quinyon Mitchell ran 4.33. 😲

I don't necessarily want a corner, but I would be happy with him at 15

• Like 2

Just now, KB said:

I don't necessarily want a corner, but I would be happy with him at 15

I agree. If we’re taking a corner, he’s the guy I want. The guy has literally done everything you could ask for this pre-draft. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1