Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Exciting times ahead. Key dates to know for Colts fans (MERGE)

csmopar

12 hours ago, BeanDiasucci said:

I think if Ballard doesn't add talent, it can be fairly interpreted as if Ballard doesn't add enough talent. The NFL Draft kinda forces every GM to add talent, doesn't it? 

Aren't you the guy who thought that at that end of last offseason Ballard had left such obvious holes in the roster that it was apparent the team was tanking? 

Ballard had one of his best drafts last year.  Ballard had a solid free agent period last year.   

My comments about tanking had nothing to do with either the draft or free agency.  

It had to do with comments made throughout the season that the team should sign more free agent help every time some “name” player became available.   And I said over and over that the team was playing the kids to give them experience.   And how many name free agents did the Colts sign?  Zero.  We played the kids.   The Colts went 9-8 because Steichen proved to be a tremendous head coach.  

Hope that clarifies. 

12 hours ago, Solid84 said:

When I say talent I mean actual difference makers, not JAGs. 

I wasn’t talking about Steichen. I was talking about the new DL coach and Secondary coach as that was the conversation. 

Why do you say I’m shovelling worry, when our pass rush has been subpar for years and our secondary has been aswell? Do think it’s unreasonable to question whether any of the talent, the coaching or the GM is getting it done at this point?

These things have been topics since I started posting here and it still is. I don’t understand how you don’t think that’s a concern. 

You see a lot of JAGS.   I don’t.   I see young players learning.   

You see our pass rush as subpar, and I don’t.   I think the Colts were roughly top-5 this year.   You’re going to point to pressure, sure I’d like more.   

If the Colts have a new DL coach, and he is said to be great and a new DB coach, isn’t that a good thing?   I see things getting better, yet your post was entirely negative.  I didn’t understand it.   Still don’t.  

Look, you don’t need my permission to talk Colts football.  But I thought your post was unduly harsh.   I see things differently.   Sorry, if I was too harsh in my comments to you.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

but in your metric, he’s never spent money on cb1 either. And the Will doesn’t even have as much importance in Bradley’s system. The Will was the most important along with the 3 tech in eberflus defense, which is where Leonard thrived and why they brought buckner in. With that argument, they need to bring Burns or Allen in for Bradley’s Leo position. Do you see Ballard paying $30 million to replace Kwity Paye this season, or do you see him paying $10-13 to put a stud at a weak spot? Perhaps I’m wrong on safety, maybe he goes after someone like Snead that is versatile, but isn’t McKinney that guy too? He can play up, he can cover, he is an ideal free safety. 

When Ballard picked Bradley as the DC,  he said at the time that his system was the closest he could find to Flus.  Not a match, but CB thought the players would be able to pick it up quickly and play fast.  That was key for Ballard, to play fast.  

Burns and Allen will either stay with their teams, or, if they go elsewhere, will be paid more than CB would pay.   As for paying someone $10-13m to improve a position if weakness, my answer is going to frustrate you…. Not if the position is one that Ballard has demonstrated for his entire 7 years that he doesn’t value as much as other positions.  And his record about safety is as clear as he can make it.  

Sorry….  Not trying to yank your chain here.   

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ballard had one of his best drafts last year.  Ballard had a solid free agent period last year.   

maybe by some on this forum, but not by many outside of here. I just saw an article that said we had one of the most unproductive, which is true. Mostly due to injury, but the best ability is availability…

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

And I said over and over that the team was playing the kids to give them experience.   And how many name free agents did the Colts sign?  Zero.  We played the kids.   The Colts went 9-8 because Steichen proved to be a tremendous head coach.  

And I hope they got the experience they need. I believe the corners did in Ballard’s eyes based on his comments… I do not feel that way about safety. If Blackmon isn’t retained, it’s going to be overhauled. You may be right on how, but it will definitely look different next year… and relying on a rookie that tore his acl is not going to happen. 

we won 9-8 because Steichen was great and we had one of the easiest schedules in the league… 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m not certain I understand ANY of this.   I don’t see why you think your view HAS to happen.    From my view, it doesn’t.  

To me, you think this roster is bad.  I disagree.   Our problems stem because we haven’t gotten the QB right.  For example, had Wentz worked out we’d have been in the playoffs in 21, 22, and 23.   

I don’t understand your comment about relying on R’s 4-7.  Huh?   What do you think he’s doing with R’s 1-3?   No mention of them.   Every GM does less well in R’s 4-7.   The odds of success drop with every round.  GM’s find fewer game changers in R 4-7.  He’s not drafting JAGS deliberately.  I’d guess Ballard has done as well on Day 3 as any other GM.   

Sorry, I don’t find anything to agree with here.   Wish it wasn’t so. 

I don’t think this roster is bad. I think we’re average and we have been average for too long. And again that’s disregarding the QB situation. Our defense is nowhere near championship level and it fails on both playcalling and talent. 

I think our offense is closest to getting there, but that’s assuming AR pans out and we get more explosive talent. 

Ballard has drafted trenches or traded back almost exclusively and he still hasn’t landed a great pass rusher. We still don’t have a playmaking CB or Safety. Our LBs can’t cover. To his credit he finally landed our LT after Castonzo retired in 2020. 

I know you defend Ballard through anything, but how can you look at the Colts roster vs. the Chiefs or 9’ers and think we’re fine? Again, disregard the QB. We’re still far behind. And Veach and Lynch have been their respective GMs for as long as Ballard has been with the Colts. 

The average GM tenure is 5 years. We’re heading into Ballard’s 8th and we still don’t have a competitive roster - QB or not. 

Last offseason was incredibly important for Ballard, but in my opinion this one is even more important, because now he needs to prove he can build a competitor which he hasn’t done so far…

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You see a lot of JAGS.   I don’t.   I see young players learning.   

You see our pass rush as subpar, and I don’t.   I think the Colts were roughly top-5 this year.   You’re going to point to pressure, sure I’d like more.   

If the Colts have a new DL coach, and he is said to be great and a new DB coach, isn’t that a good thing?   I see things getting better, yet your post was entirely negative.  I didn’t understand it.   Still don’t.  

Look, you don’t need my permission to talk Colts football.  But I thought your post was unduly harsh.   I see things differently.   Sorry, if I was too harsh in my comments to you. 

But “young guys” is always the excuse. When is it this team will start winning? Other teams are overtaking us while we’re waiting on Ballard’s delayed gratification. 

I definitely don’t agree with you on the pass rush - at all. I think we’re bottom half at best. 

I HOPE the coaching change makes a difference and like I said I think Ballard does too, but if it doesn’t it’s looking even more like his drafting is the problem. I want to see the improvement before I crown them - sort of like AR. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

But “young guys” is always the excuse. When is it this team will start winning? Other teams are overtaking us while we’re waiting on Ballard’s delayed gratification. 

I definitely don’t agree with you on the pass rush - at all. I think we’re bottom half at best. 

I HOPE the coaching change makes a difference and like I said I think Ballard does too, but if it doesn’t it’s looking even more like his drafting is the problem. I want to see the improvement before I crown them - sort of like AR. 

This is exactly why I want them to go get proven talent in the secondary. Just because they are young doesn’t mean they have a high ceiling. They  can’t keep using they are young as an excuse. Outside of Brent’s they need some experience. Offense really could use one more WR or an explosive TE and they are set.  Also need to make plans for Kelly eventual retirement. Q and smith still are a little ways off to have to worry about them yet.

The pass rush issue is because that position is hard to find. Almost as hard as QB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is exactly why I want them to go get proven talent in the secondary. Just because they are young doesn’t mean they have a high ceiling. They  can’t keep using they are young as an excuse. Offense really could use one more WR or an explosive TE and they are set.  Also need to make plans for Kelly eventual retirement. Q and smith still are a little ways off to have to worry about them yet.

I have took a few days off from posting but just read some of your prior posts. I am saying this as a friend, you should find a way to relax. It is the offseason, relax and enjoy Free Agency and the Draft :thmup:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have took a few days off from posting but just read some of your prior posts. I am saying this as a friend, you should find a way to relax. It is the offseason, relax and enjoy Free Agency and the Draft :thmup:

What the heck are you talking about. Relax I am relaxed. It’s just my thoughts. Jesus you people are weird sometimes.  We are discussing what we want. Not that I am anxious or nervous. Stop projecting someone’s emotions from a message board. You going to go the Solid poster the same thing because he just basically said what I said.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What the heck are you talking about. Relax I am relaxed. It’s just my thoughts. Jesus you people are weird sometimes.  We are discussing what we want. Not that I am anxious or nervous. Stop projecting someone’s emotions from a message board. You going to go the Solid poster the same thing because he just basically said what I said.

Ok, that backfired. I apologize. Didn't mean anything by it. I wasn't saying you were do anything wrong, I was just trying to say don't worry. I should just take a break until the season starts. I can't win for losing in this place.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ok, that backfired. I apologize. Didn't mean anything by it. I wasn't saying you were do anything wrong, I was just trying to say don't worry. I should just take a break until the season starts. I can't win for losing in this place.

I have  barely even posted since the season ended because nothing is happening. All we were doing was discussing what we would like to happen. Of course we can’t control what they do.  

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

I don’t think this roster is bad. I think we’re average and we have been average for too long. And again that’s disregarding the QB situation. Our defense is nowhere near championship level and it fails on both playcalling and talent. 

I think our offense is closest to getting there, but that’s assuming AR pans out and we get more explosive talent. 

Ballard has drafted trenches or traded back almost exclusively and he still hasn’t landed a great pass rusher. We still don’t have a playmaking CB or Safety. Our LBs can’t cover. To his credit he finally landed our LT after Castonzo retired in 2020. 

I know you defend Ballard through anything, but how can you look at the Colts roster vs. the Chiefs or 9’ers and think we’re fine? Again, disregard the QB. We’re still far behind. And Veach and Lynch have been their respective GMs for as long as Ballard has been with the Colts. 

The average GM tenure is 5 years. We’re heading into Ballard’s 8th and we still don’t have a competitive roster - QB or not. 

Last offseason was incredibly important for Ballard, but in my opinion this one is even more important, because now he needs to prove he can build a competitor which he hasn’t done so far…

Did you think this team would win 9 games this past season? I'll bet not.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I see you added to your post which I don't understand your last sentence at all that you added, I already apologized for what I have no idea?? I didn't even mean anything negative or bad by my original post. Was just giving advice. I will just mind my own business and move on, no big deal.

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

There are hundreds of posters here and I don’t pretend to know everyone’s view of Ballard.  So I’m going to guess you’re not a fan of Chris Ballard?   And that you’d be happy if Irsay announced he was firing CB today.   Would that be close to your view? 

Because there there was barely an ounce of optimism in that post.   More like a rant.  

Hey, you’re entitled to any view you want, and you’re certainly not alone, there are plenty of posters here who would pop champagne bottles the day Ballard is fired.   I’m just trying to clarify your position.  You’d think a 9-8 season last year would make you at least a little optimistic about the future,  but apparently not.  So be it.  

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

My comments about tanking had nothing to do with either the draft or free agency.  

It had to do with comments made throughout the season that the team should sign more free agent help every time some “name” player became available.   And I said over and over that the team was playing the kids to give them experience.   And how many name free agents did the Colts sign?  Zero.  We played the kids.   The Colts went 9-8 because Steichen proved to be a tremendous head coach.  

Hope that clarifies. 

There was a ranking of the 2023 draft classes on NFL.com a few days ago. The Colts were ranked 22nd. Some of that had to do with injuries, but because of that, we have no idea if it was one of Ballards best draft classes. Other teams classes performed while we had a few good performances (Downs, Freeland, Jones) with a few players that showed potential (Richardson, Brents, Mallory). You are heavily overrating our draft class as of now. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

There was a ranking of the 2023 draft classes on NFL.com a few days ago. The Colts were ranked 22nd. Some of that had to do with injuries, but because of that, we have no idea if it was one of Ballards best draft classes. Other teams classes performed while we had a few good performances (Downs, Freeland, Jones) with a few players that showed potential (Richardson, Brents, Mallory). You are heavily overrating our draft class as of now. 

And of course you’ve already forgotten drafting 101.   You don’t know the quality of the class for three years.   NFL.com does it to feed the fans with instant analysis.   You want to buy in to it, fine.   Not me.   

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

And of course you’ve already forgotten drafting 101.   You don’t know the quality of the class for three years.   NFL.com does it to feed the fans with instant analysis.   You want to buy in to it, fine. 
Not me.   

I didn't forget, but you are saying this is one of Ballards best draft classes with limited information at best, and at worst, we don't even know if Richardson is a hit yet and you making that statement. There's still more questions than answers right now about our draft (which isn't the case about a lot of draft classes last year). After one year, 22nd is accurate. It makes me wonder if Ballard is drafting injury-prone players and we aren't aware of it. Cause it's seeming like we get worse injury-luck than anyone with draft picks specifically.

I'm going to start looking at injury history in college and even before that with Ballards picks from now on. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You're fine. Don't take a break lol. The forum is much better with you here than without you here. Honestly, missing the playoffs makes the end of the season much worse than it could have been. Even a 1st round playoff exit would have been better for morale. I'm still not recovered from that Texans game, and I have to wait 7 months for the season to start again for the Colts to avenge that and see Richardson play again. That's true torture. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

I didn't forget, but you are saying this is one of Ballards best draft classes with limited information at best, and at worst, we don't even know if Richardson is a hit yet and you making that statement. There's still more questions than answers right now about our draft (which isn't the case about a lot of draft classes last year). After one year, 22nd is accurate. It makes me wonder if Ballard is drafting injury-prone players and we aren't aware of it. Cause it's seeming like we get worse injury-luck than anyone with draft picks specifically.

I'm going to start looking at injury history in college and even before that with Ballards picks from now on. 

Well….   There’s barely a word here that I agree with.   So I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree.   Sorry. 

Just now, Yoshinator said:

You're fine. Don't take a break lol. The forum is much better with you here than without you here. Honestly, missing the playoffs makes the end of the season much worse than it could have been. Even a 1st round playoff exit would have been better for morale. I'm still not recovered from that Texans game, and I have to wait 7 months for the season to start again for the Colts to avenge that and see Richardson play again. That's true torture. 

Yeah, when we didn't get that 4th and 1, I was in shock and couldn't move for a few seconds and knowing the season was over at the same time as well. That was a sick feeling after such a fun season. I stared at the TV in disbelief for 10 minutes. Then I kept thinking what we could do different or if this would have happened instead, etc.. That was a bad night. 

• Like 3

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, when we didn't get that 4th and 1, I was in shock and couldn't move for a few seconds and knowing the season was over at the same time as well. That was a sick feeling after such a fun season. I stared at the TV in disbelief for 10 minutes. Then I kept thinking what we could do different or if this would have happened instead, etc.. That was a bad night. 

Yeah I was * off. Still * off. I finally watched Ballards end of season presser a few days ago and it was the same old excuses and garbage. The only thing that can probably satisfy me before the season is something unrealistic. In FA, sign Sneed or Burns to a long-term deal (don't see that happening). Something like Saquon Barkley for a double duo of dominant destruction at RB would be a lot of fun. Obviously re-signing Pittman and also signing a big WR like Higgins, Evans, or Ridley would be huge. 

None of this is realistic, but I want to make a big splash (as the Browns owner says in the movie Draftday). You can't build Rome in one day, but you can slack and slack and take 10 years to build it. I want to win, and I'm running out of patience. Seeing what the Texans did, in the amount of time it took them to do it, really makes me hate Chris Ballard. 

I don't want to hear him run his mouth anymore. I want a big splash, I want to win the division and win in the playoffs. As I said, some of it is injuries, but this team has choked twice in the last 3 years, and sandwiched in between is a debacle with Jeff Saturday tanking the season (which I wouldn't mind if Colts fans rightfully called it a "tank job" and didn't deny that fact). 

It's just like competing in the WSOP Main event and being the bubble boy. Except you only play in that one event every year, you win nothing, and have to wait until next year knowing you barely didn't cash (or make the playoffs). 

4 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Yeah I was * off. Still * off. I finally watched Ballards end of season presser a few days ago and it was the same old excuses and garbage. The only thing that can probably satisfy me before the season is something unrealistic. In FA, sign Sneed or Burns to a long-term deal (don't see that happening). Something like Saquon Barkley for a double duo of dominant destruction at RB would be a lot of fun. Obviously re-signing Pittman and also signing a big WR like Higgins, Evans, or Ridley would be huge. 

None of this is realistic, but I want to make a big splash (as the Browns owner says in the movie Draftday). You can't build Rome in one day, but you can slack and slack and take 10 years to build it. I want to win, and I'm running out of patience. Seeing what the Texans did, in the amount of time it took them to do it, really makes me hate Chris Ballard. 

I don't want to hear him run his mouth anymore. I want a big splash, I want to win the division and win in the playoffs. As I said, some of it is injuries, but this team has choked twice in the last 3 years, and sandwiched in between is a debacle with Jeff Saturday tanking the season (which I wouldn't mind if Colts fans rightfully called it a "tank job" and didn't deny that fact). 

It's just like competing in the WSOP Main event and being the bubble boy. Except you only play in that one event every year, you win nothing, and have to wait until next year knowing you barely didn't cash (or make the playoffs). 

Football is such a game of inches. That 1 game makes Ballard's legacy look 100% better if we beat Houston and win the Division. Just like this years SB, Purdy goes from a guy that beat Mahomes to now not even being a top 10 QB in the league by how most media is talking post SB. Imagine had that kid beat Mahomes and the Chiefs? He only lost by 3 points in OT but nobody looks at that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Football is such a of game inches. That 1 game makes Ballard's legacy look 100% better if we beat Houston and win the Division. Just like this years SB, Purdy goes from a guy that beat Mahomes to now not even being a top 10 QB in the league by how most media is talking post SB. Imagine had that kid beat Mahomes and the Chiefs? He only lost by 3 points in OT but nobody looks at that.

I'd of been ecstatic with making the SB and losing. Obviously losing the SB would hurt in the moment, but something like that would be looked back on with a positive light if we were to accomplish it, Yes, if we win the division, Ballard's legacy would have looked much better. Unfortunately, we didn't though. It was another choke job. Purdy will get another shot or two. He may never win a SB, but he'll keep the 49ers competitive. 

As I said, worst thing about this (besides missing the playoffs) is that we have to wait until September to watch again and hope Richardson is the guy. We don't even know. The Texans know Stroud is the guy. We have this cliffhanger after choking based on hope and it's absolutely frustrating and infuriating. Even when we get our QB, it's endless torture.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fan duel has Brock Purdy rated the 17th best QB in the league in their early ratings. Had he won the SB, he would have been top 5. 

This is also in fantasy I bet, and not in reality. Purdy is an average fantasy QB.

1 minute ago, Yoshinator said:

I'd of been ecstatic with making the SB and losing. Obviously losing the SB would hurt in the moment, but something like that would be looked back on with a positive light if we were to accomplish it, Yes, if we win the division, Ballard's legacy would have looked much better. Unfortunately, we didn't though. It was another choke job. Purdy will get another shot or two. He may never win a SB, but he'll keep the 49ers competitive. 

As I said, worst thing about this (besides missing the playoffs) is that we have to wait until September to watch again and hope Richardson is the guy. We don't even know. The Texans know Stroud is the guy. We have this cliffhanger after choking based on hope and it's absolutely frustrating and infuriating. Even when we get our QB, it's endless torture.

I often wonder how Stroud's season would have gone had the Panthers drafted him. A lot of people like to jump on me for when I said saying Bryce Young would be good, but I think a lot of Young's problems were the team he got drafted by = coaching, owner, and players pretty much sucked. I wanted Richardson to begin with even over Stroud, so I guess I get to see if AR proves me right. I damn sure didn't want Levis. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I often wonder how Stroud's season would have gone had the Panthers drafted him. A lot of people like to jump on me for when I said saying Bryce Young would be good, but I think a lot of Young's problems were the team he got drafted by = coaching, owner, and players pretty much sucked. I wanted Richardson to begin with even over Stroud, so I guess I get to see if AR proves me right. I damn sure didn't want Levis. 

Stroud would have done better than Young on the Panthers, but not as good as on the Texans. Young is a bad QB. His lack of height was evident in the games he played, his arm strength is extremely poor, he was taking too long to get rid of the football. However, he had a horrible coach in Frank Reich and a terrible owner in David Tepper. The O-Line and players weren't as terrible as you may think. Evero was a great defensive coordinator and really kept them in games. Young was just laughably bad and never took advantage of it. Theilen, Chark, and Mingo aren't the worst WR core (though the TEs were terrible). 

I was on Levis for a little while, but jumped off the bandwagon. Eventually settled on Richardson because of the high risk/high reward factor. Glad we got him still. 

I remember saying I wanted Harbaugh as head coach going into the process of choosing a new coach and I did think Young would be good. Harbaugh went on to win the National Championship so that aged well, the Young part not so much lmao . Having said that I am so happy we have Shane and AR, because I think both are the real deal! I would not say that If I didn't mean it. I really liked AR better than Young and Stroud before the draft but was just too afraid to post it figuring I would get mocked. Had we taken Levis, I would have puked.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I remember saying I wanted Harbaugh as head coach going into the process of choosing a new coach and I did think Young would be good. Harbaugh went on to win the National Championship so that aged well, the Young part not so much lmao . Having said that I am so happy we have Shane and AR, because I think both are the real deal! I would not say that If I didn't mean it. I really liked AR better than Young and Stroud before the draft but was just too afraid to post figuring I would get mocked. Had we taken Levis, I would have puked.

Don't ever be afraid to post your opinion. There's a lot of people who will only post an opinion that's the majority opinion so that if they're wrong, they can say it was the most likely outcome. It takes a real man or woman to post a minority opinion. When he or she is right, they look like a genius (and in real life, they get ahead). As long as there's logic behind it, be willing to have a minority opinion sometimes. The rich are the 1% because they think and act different from the general population. Be willing to be different and have different opinions from the majority.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yoshinator said:

Don't ever be afraid to post your opinion. There's a lot of people who will only post an opinion that's the majority opinion so that if they're wrong, they can say it was the most likely outcome. It takes a real man or woman to post a minority opinion. When he or she is right, they look like a genius (and in real life, they get ahead). As long as there's logic behind it, be willing to have a minority opinion sometimes. The rich are the 1% because they think and act different from the general population. Be willing to be different and have different opinions from the majority.

Sometimes I feel like in here I will hurt someone's feelings if I say what I really thought. Or I might break a rule in here. I have spoken my mind at times, but I try and watch what I say. It happened to me earlier with Chloe. To some I may come off as a Mr. know it all and tough guy, but I have a soft heart too Homer Simpson Smile GIF

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Some rumours on Twitter/X that were interested in Packer's safety Darnell Savage.

This would be awesome for me personally, his parents live across the street from my wife's Aunt, they graciously gave my wife (a Packers fan) a nice assortment of photos and Packer items for her birthday this past January! 

• Like 1

Just now, NJFanatic said:

This would be awesome for me personally, his parents live across the street from my wife's Aunt, they graciously gave my wife (a Packers fan) a nice assortment of photos and Packer items for her birthday this past January! 

That's pretty awesome! Would be a sentimental favorite for you to root for! :thmup:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sometimes I feel like in here I will hurt someone's feelings if I say what I really thought. Or I might break a rule in here. I have spoken my mind at times, but I try and watch what I say. It happened to me earlier with Chloe. To some I may come off as a Mr. know it all and tough guy, but I have a soft heart too Homer Simpson Smile GIF

Yeah, I understand. I more meant don't be afraid to have a minority opinion on players, predictions, signings, draft picks, stuff like that. However, if someone makes you feel uncomfortable, make sure to say something as well, even if that person is a popular member of the forum. Sometimes only you can speak up for yourself. 

I feel I get a bad rap on the forum a bit because of the way the team has been playing. Being bipolar, I have extreme ups and downs, and when the team is losing, I overreact probably in a negative way. However, when the team wins, I overreact in a positive way, and a lot of people here have really never seen me be really positive, and that's how I prefer to be. So much more fun when we win. 

I'm guessing people don't like my views on Ballard right now for the most part, but that's where I'm in the minority. I felt Reich wasn't a top 20 coach on the Colts, and I feel Ballard should already be fired. I'm the guy who is a year early on things, will get bashed for it, and then a year later I'll end up being right more often then not. My honesty doesn't make me many friends in life lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Football is such a game of inches. That 1 game makes Ballard's legacy look 100% better if we beat Houston and win the Division. Just like this years SB, Purdy goes from a guy that beat Mahomes to now not even being a top 10 QB in the league by how most media is talking post SB. Imagine had that kid beat Mahomes and the Chiefs? He only lost by 3 points in OT but nobody looks at that.

Andy Reid just commented that “the margin between winning and losing in this league is tiny.” 

I agree. Doesn’t take much to look at how close we have been in games that could have gone our way but didn’t and vice versa. Two of the last three seasons could have been postseason runs but we didn’t even have a chance because we lost the opportunity by the tiny margin Reid speaks of… Beyond ready for that script to flip and be back in January football…. 

• Like 1