Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Exciting times ahead. Key dates to know for Colts fans (MERGE)

csmopar

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Zach hicks has a story and from what he heard at the combine he expects colts to go after a safety or two in FA. Mentioned it’s a good class there.

Let’s hope it’s guys worth a darn and not Dunn Bupkis and Ha Ha No-sho. 

28 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Zach hicks has a story and from what he heard at the combine he expects colts to go after a safety or two in FA. Mentioned it’s a good class there.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I have always thought safety was going to be a major target.  Xavier McKinney would be my first choice but I could easily see Jordan Fuller or Jeremy Chinn signing with the Colts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Dan Patrick was talking this morning about buyer beware of what you hear at the combine. A LOT gets said at the combine and it turns into a giant game of telephone where a lot doesn’t end up being close to what is really going on.

Not saying the Colts won’t go after a safety or two just be cautious with taking it as absolute fact not that you are saying it is absolute fact.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Dan Patrick was talking this morning about buyer beware of what you hear at the combine. A LOT gets said at the combine and it turns into a giant game of telephone where a lot doesn’t end up being close to what is really going on.

Not saying the Colts won’t go after a safety or two just be cautious with taking it as absolute fact not that you are saying it is absolute fact.  

Except colts are weak there so there is a very good chance they do. Especially after Ballard said it needs upgraded.

24 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Except colts are weak there so there is a very good chance they do. Especially after Ballard said it needs upgraded.

Which is why I said I am not saying they won’t.

The draft is not good at safety, but there are some talented guys in FA.

But, I expect we'll pick up a guy like Rayshawn Jenkins. Average as can be, but he'll be cheap and he has experience with Bradley. Incidentally he also had a RAS of 9.42.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

The draft is not good at safety, but there are some talented guys in FA.

But, I expect we'll pick up a guy like Rayshawn Jenkins. Average as can be, but he'll be cheap and he has experience with Bradley. Incidentally he also had a RAS of 9.42.

I think Jeremy Chinn had a RAS score of 10.0.  He would also be a great addition.

If we give up Pitt, AR won't have a reliable, consistent target to throw to. We can't bank on drafting a #1 WR at 15. The Atlanta game last season told us everything we needed to know about this offense without him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I think Jeremy Chinn had a RAS score of 10.0.  He would also be a great addition.

It may not have come across clearly, but I don't think Rayshawn Jenkins is a good get for the Colts. I think he's a JAG. A RAS-y JAG, but Ballard will pick-up on the Bradley connection. 

Don't know Chinn. Just looking at his stats though he seems to have had one good season in 4. Don't know if that's someone to get excited about.

This seems to be taking this a step further.

Edit:

A source also shared that the Colts have had their eyes on Sneed for a while now, and they shared the following.

"If he (Sneed) hit free agency, he would have been our top priority at CB and free agent altogether to pursue." 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

This seems to be taking this a step further.

Edit:

Wow this could happen. I don’t like the draft compensation it might take but having a bet QB who is still pretty young to go with Brents would have me very excited. Hopefully it wouldn’t cost us our second round pick.

That speed trade could even happen before next week too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Wow this could happen. I don’t like the draft compensation it might take but having a bet QB who is still pretty young to go with Brents would have me very excited. Hopefully it wouldn’t cost us our second round pick.

That speed trade could even happen before next week too. 

I read multiple times a 2nd is what it would take, but I not sure if that's just the Chiefs' way of opening trade discussions.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I read multiple times a 2nd is what it would take, but I not sure if that's just the Chiefs' way of opening trade discussions.

Guess it would depend if Sneed  wants out and he forces his hand. If he wants to leave and forces it probably won’t cost as much. If we go pass catcher at 15 I am perfectly fine giving up the second.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

This is not the original tweet I was thinking of, but this mentions a price:

That’s not the only time I’ve seen the day 2 pick being sought. NFL dot com had it a day or so ago at that as well

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I would give up a second round pick for him. And I would look to bring a free safety in to pair. We would be flexible to do whatever at 15, including trading down to make up for the pick given. Sneed and an upgrade at free safety gives versatility on the back end of the defense, and would be major upgrades. It gives the option of drafting d-line early, and using a strong receiver pool to round out the roster. If they are committed to Pittman, then drafting a receiver at 15 is probably not in the cards. Bringing in Sneed cans the idea of a corner as well. A Brock Bowers or Jared Verse? Possible. 

19 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

A day two pick could also be a 3rd pick and maybe another later pick.  I have read where that also could get it done.  I can’t remember who but an elite corner was traded for that price a couple of years ago.

5 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I would give up a second round pick for him. And I would look to bring a free safety in to pair. We would be flexible to do whatever at 15, including trading down to make up for the pick given. Sneed and an upgrade at free safety gives versatility on the back end of the defense, and would be major upgrades. It gives the option of drafting d-line early, and using a strong receiver pool to round out the roster. If they are committed to Pittman, then drafting a receiver at 15 is probably not in the cards. Bringing in Sneed cans the idea of a corner as well. A Brock Bowers or Jared Verse? Possible. 

I'd pay a 2nd for him too. My worry is a team like the Patriots with their 34th or the Titans with their 38th would come along waving those picks. Then we're looking at throwing more picks at it or swapping 1sts with the Chiefs and I'm not sure I'd be ready to do that, when we also have to pay him close to $20m.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I'd pay a 2nd for him too. My worry is a team like the Patriots with their 34th or the Titans with their 38th would come along waving those picks. Then we're looking at throwing more picks at it or swapping 1sts with the Chiefs and I'm not sure I'd be ready to do that, when we also have to pay him close to $20m.

you don’t think he is going to have influence? Whatever team is trading for him would have to work out a signing agreement too. So it’s not as simple as the chiefs just taking the highest bidder. It has to work out for all parties. 

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

you don’t think he is going to have influence? Whatever team is trading for him would have to work out a signing agreement too. So it’s not as simple as the chiefs just taking the highest bidder. It has to work out for all parties. 

True, but I guess that depends on how flexible the Chiefs want to be for him.

17 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Patriots are going to have a rookie QB and are rebuilding. I doubt that would happen. Vikings unless they bring back cousins are in the same situation. Lions defiantly could land him as they are ready to contend. Jags could be too.

10 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

True, but I guess that depends on how flexible the Chiefs want to be for him.

I would say they’ll have to be flexible to an extent for it to work best. I don’t see it being a win-win for all parties if he isn’t involved to an extent and satisfied with the end result. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

A day two pick could also be a 3rd pick and maybe another later pick.  I have read where that also could get it done.  I can’t remember who but an elite corner was traded for that price a couple of years ago.

You don’t see corners being traded for much higher than a 3rd. So I doubt it will be higher than that. The fact a team has to also sign him to an extension could lesson the compensation too.  Chiefs would probably like to have a higher round pick in the 2nd or 3rd. It’s a win win if colts draft a pass catcher at 15 and then trade for sneed giving up their second. Get 2 game changers there.

11 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You don’t see corners being traded for much higher than a 3rd. So I doubt it will be higher than that. The fact a team has to also sign him to an extension could lesson the compensation too.  Chiefs would probably like to have a higher round pick in the 2nd or 3rd. It’s a win win if colts draft a pass catcher at 15 and then trade for sneed giving up their second. Get 2 game changers there.

I’m finding it hard to believe we would be interested in Snead after investing and playing all of the young corners last year.  Flowers will be coming back too.  Now if we lose Kenny that would change my view.  If Kenny returns I would think we would sign a FA safety which wouldn’t cost as much as Snead.  

10 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I’m finding it hard to believe we would be interested in Snead after investing and playing all of the young corners last year.  Flowers will be coming back too.  Now if we lose Kenny that would change my view.  If Kenny returns I would think we would sign a FA safety which wouldn’t cost as much as Snead.  

I think it’s pretty telling on Kenny Moore that there are reports of serious interest for the Colts. He would not be back with Sneed brought on the roster… 

I don’t think it’s hard to believe. He’s a legit player. I think they realize they need to upgrade the secondary both at corner and safety to be competitive with Houston, who is no doubt going to make some moves this offseason. There are some that think Houston can be the biggest threat to KC this year with the right moves. We have to play this offseason right. 

• Like 1