Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Q B's

ColtsD

I want to see painter do well I really do & feel it's time 4 him to do so. Other than that I would like the ballstate kid(was with the 49ers can't think of his name at the moment)he was with us last pre season & did well right ! :1colts::huthut:

I want to see us develop and hype up Nate Davis like the Eagles did with Kolb, then trade him away. I think Manning would really help Davis improve and we can really turn him into some good trade bait. He has all the physical tools and all the tangibles, his weaknesses lie with things like reading defenses and going through his progression. Working with Peyton would (theoretically) improve those and we have some pretty good trade bait on our hands. If we like him and think he can lead the franchise, we can keep him. If we choose to go in another direction, we trade him. With all of this said though, we probably release him before the regular season starts.

I want to see us develop and hype up Nate Davis like the Eagles did with Kolb, then trade him away. I think Manning would really help Davis improve and we can really turn him into some good trade bait. He has all the physical tools and all the tangibles, his weaknesses lie with things like reading defenses and going through his progression. Working with Peyton would (theoretically) improve those and we have some pretty good trade bait on our hands. If we like him and think he can lead the franchise, we can keep him. If we choose to go in another direction, we trade him. With all of this said though, we probably release him before the regular season starts.

I could only see this possibly happening is if Peyton would be injured at some point during the regular season or miss some time somewhere and Davis were to come in and perform OK. Otherwise I just don't see that happening at all.

I would love to see Painter make significant strides in the pre-season just in the hopes that we go 14-0 and we rest our players and he has to come in. I would still like a shot at going undefeated if, and I mean if (that's a big if), that situation ever arises again.