Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brock Bowers

28 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Tenn. desperately needs to rebuild its O-line. There are top OTs for the taking; foundational ones. That’s where they will likely go. I’m not arguing that Bowers will be there at 15; only that Tenn won’t be the team to take him. That said, I’m all in on the guy if he’s available. Right now, the TE position is a dead zone for the Colts with many question marks. Bowers would change that immediately. 

Tenn. does need to rebuild its OL but they also have the 2nd most cap space in the league and a quarterback in Levis.  I would expect them to address the OL in FA maybe with a couple of serious signings.  Drafting a tackle is certainly a possibility but if they do upgrade in FA then I wouldn’t consider it a sure thing.  Either way I’ve read it’s a weak TE class and Bowers is the main guy.  Expecting him to fall to 15 is a stretch I think.  If Ballard wants to strengthen the TE room I think it’s more likely he turns to FA this year.  I can see him cutting Moe and signing one of the TE’s available.  I’m thinking Noah Fant but Hunter Henry is available as well as Dalton Schultz.  Woods and the others will be coming back too.  Again it’s too early for all teams to make a serious draft projection until we see what happens in FA. 

25 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Tenn. does need to rebuild its OL but they also have the 2nd most cap space in the league and a quarterback in Levis.  I would expect them to address the OL in FA maybe with a couple of serious signings.  Drafting a tackle is certainly a possibility but if they do upgrade in FA then I wouldn’t consider it a sure thing.  Either way I’ve read it’s a weak TE class and Bowers is the main guy.  Expecting him to fall to 15 is a stretch I think.  If Ballard wants to strengthen the TE room I think it’s more likely he turns to FA this year.  I can see him cutting Moe and signing one of the TE’s available.  I’m thinking Noah Fant but Hunter Henry is available as well as Dalton Schultz.  Woods and the others will be coming back too.  Again it’s too early for all teams to make a serious draft projection until we see what happens in FA. 

It will be very interesting to see how the other teams in our divisions build their rosters the next few years

You wonder if Tennessee steps small, or big in offseason they have the cap space so they MIGHT be active.

They have many holes, their OL is mostly shambles. Their defense has a few good players, but many holes

My personal belief (I dont know much)  is that they use their early picks on fundamentals (OL and DL)

They arent a FA or two away from becoming a contender this year........ A TE would seem to be a luxury

(But who knows)

I know this thread is about Bowers, and I think he is 50/50 on being there at 15. IF he is there I give a 50/50 shot that CB doesnt trade the pick for more picks

The bigger question is what does Houston do ?

They have a playoff team today.  I can see them being very aggressive on filling any remaining holes in FA

They also have been enjoying the 3 first round picks that they received from Cleveland for the

RIDICULOUS trade for D Watson - Cleveland is doing the OH CRAP morning after headslap.

The Jags are a threat, but our new enemy number 1 is the Texans........

If we don't step into FA, or get extremely lucky with our drafting the Texans are going to go past us

• Like 1

On 1/23/2024 at 10:57 PM, Defjamz26 said:

I’ll say this. Even if we did end up drafting Bowers, I’d still take a receiver in the 2nd round. Even if you bring Pittman back. Create competition and make everyone work for targets. If you had an offense that had Bowers, A.D. Mitchell, Pittman, Downs, and Pierce, then the offense would have multiple options. Let the best man win at that point.

i still have high hopes for dulin to be a deep threat

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I would be surprised if Bowers is there when we pick.  He said he would like to play for the Titans and they pick seventh.   They also could use a TE for Levis.  Seems like a perfect match and a good spot for him to be picked.  I would bet the Tennessee media is all over his wishes just like how Colts fans would be if Harrison Jr. came out and said he wanted to play for the Colts.  No guarantees it happens of course but the seed has been planted and they have the need.

Theres zero chance the Titans take Bowers over an OT or WR. Zero. Their OL is the worst in the league.

This is circulating online. There are some size concerns with Bowers. Theres a few sites that had him listed at 225-235. He might show up at the Combine closer to 240 though. Also he’s probably closer to 6’3” than 6’5”. Not saying it’s a red flag, but he’s probably closer to Sam LaPorta than Kittle or Kelce.

6 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

This is circulating online. There are some size concerns with Bowers. Theres a few sites that had him listed at 225-235. He might show up at the Combine closer to 240 though. Also he’s probably closer to 6’3” than 6’5”. Not saying it’s a red flag, but he’s probably closer to Sam LaPorta than Kittle or Kelce.

Kylen Granson is listed as 6’3” 242lbs. 

After a year in S&C Bowers will be around that weight too. 

6 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

It will be very interesting to see how the other teams in our divisions build their rosters the next few years

You wonder if Tennessee steps small, or big in offseason they have the cap space so they MIGHT be active.

They have many holes, their OL is mostly shambles. Their defense has a few good players, but many holes

My personal belief (I dont know much)  is that they use their early picks on fundamentals (OL and DL)

They arent a FA or two away from becoming a contender this year........ A TE would seem to be a luxury

(But who knows)

I know this thread is about Bowers, and I think he is 50/50 on being there at 15. IF he is there I give a 50/50 shot that CB doesnt trade the pick for more picks

The bigger question is what does Houston do ?

They have a playoff team today.  I can see them being very aggressive on filling any remaining holes in FA

They also have been enjoying the 3 first round picks that they received from Cleveland for the

RIDICULOUS trade for D Watson - Cleveland is doing the OH CRAP morning after headslap.

The Jags are a threat, but our new enemy number 1 is the Texans........

If we don't step into FA, or get extremely lucky with our drafting the Texans are going to go past us

they are already past us and so is jax, remember we finished third in our division, ballard needs to get us some game changers and they are hard to get just using  the draft

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

they are already past us and so is jax, remember we finished third in our division, ballard needs to get us some game changers and they are hard to get just using  the draft

I don’t know.  Maybe. We need QB health,  a pass rusher and a FS that can play this year (FA) and we will be ok  And can compete

If we can get a LB and WR in the draft it’s icing on the cake

I guess I am glass half full with this team

4 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Kylen Granson is listed as 6’3” 242lbs. 

After a year in S&C Bowers will be around that weight too. 

He’s actually only 6’1” though. Those are his combine measurements. I expect Bowers to be closer to 6’3” which is fine. It’s the weight that has to get up there. There are people that say he probably played close to 225 at Georgia, which won’t work for in-line blocking in the NFL.

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

He’s actually only 6’1” though. Those are his combine measurements. I expect Bowers to be closer to 6’3” which is fine. It’s the weight that has to get up there. There are people that say he probably played close to 225 at Georgia, which won’t work for in-line blocking in the NFL.

I’m fine with that. Granson isn’t

much of an in-line blocker either and Bowers will essentially play as an elite Granson (hopefully). 

• Like 1

So I did some research to put the picture into context. Gronk’s combine measurements have him listed at 6’6” 1/2. That could be why Brock looks so small compared to him. He also may come in lighter to run faster at the combine. He’s apparently got 40’s in the 4.48 range at Georgia.

26 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

So I did some research to put the picture into context. Gronk’s combine measurements have him listed at 6’6” 1/2. That could be why Brock looks so small compared to him. He also may come in lighter to run faster at the combine. He’s apparently got 40’s in the 4.48 range at Georgia.

A small reminder on that 4.48 time at Georgia.   That’s a hand time, a stop watch.  At the combine they use the same computerized timing that’s done in the Olympics.   So those two timing methods produce slightly different results at 40 yards.  I suspect you know this, but wanted to remind others who might not. 

• Like 1

Question for you Colts fans - if a team like the Ravens or Packers came up to us and Brock Bowers is available at No.15 somehow, and told us, we will give you a future 1st, current 1st swapped and a 3rd rounder this year for the rights to Brock Bowers, would you take it? 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Question for you Colts fans - if a team like the Ravens or Packers came up to us and Brock Bowers is available at No.15 somehow, and told us, we will give you a future 1st, current 1st swapped and a 3rd rounder this year for the rights to Brock Bowers, would you take it? 

That would be high compensation and I would personally grab it

I think a later first And a 2nd this year and maybe a 4th would be a decent compensation

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Depends on who else is available I think, but I'd definitely consider it.

• Like 1

The offseason has started off really fast immediately after the Super Bowl.  Players already are being released and contracts are being restructured as the race to be at the cap gets underway.  A big offseason is now underway for the Colts and Ballard.

• Like 1