Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoff football this weekend (Divisional Round)

Arodgers12

Who are you pulling for?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Texans @ Ravens

2. 2. Packers @ 49ers

3. 3. Bucs @ Lions

4. 4. Chiefs @ Bills

This poll is closed to new votes

I did not realize there was a "Brock Purdy Can't" group. It seems that he was so popular.

https://sports.yahoo.com/after-brock-purdys-clutch-comeback-moment-vs-packers-what-are-his-doubters-going-to-say-now-075723944.html

Purdy continues to bust narratives about him, including his perceived inability to lead a comeback. Now his naysayers will have dig for something new in their ...

16 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Ravens defense impressive. Fast, aggressive. Bringing pressure to Stroud from all angles, playing receivers tight. 

Gus needs to put this game on repeat all offseason.

Gus is incapable, and the players Ballard and Dodds supply for the back seven are as a unit, 2nd class or lower. Year after year. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Stroud's excellence wasn’t diminished in the least, and Lamar isn't a run first QB. 

Stroud's o-line got destroyed and he could use another quality receiver.

AND, if one can comprehend what went on, we witnessed in that game and the San Fran game what it takes to mix zone, with constant disguise and aggression to be a Championship caliber defense. Pretty much the Opposite of the lazy "coaching" scheme with so much questionable talent that Ballard and Dodds outdated vision brings to the table.  

Mahomes has repeatedly killed his opponents from day 1 with his legs.

Our poor Andrew would have been a below .500 loser without his running.

Lamar is exceptional because he demands an extra defender to contain his escaping the pocket. When the defense leaves an open lane... it is punished

The Ravens would have beaten us 47-0.  

The Ravens would not have come close to beaten us 47-0. As a matter of fact, I think we would have kept the game within 7 points. Taylor alone would have help us control the ball a lot. Plenty of people on here have said a running QB gets injured too much, and it will never work, the same people that say that about AR. Lamar's key to being to be great besides being a good passer is he is a great runner. He ran for 2 TD's yesterday and a bunch of yards running. Face it I was right and you are wrong. Just admit it and move on.

Also, Andrew Luck was a great passer when it mattered, he is a lot like Josh Allen. Your hate for Andrew Luck is sad in my book.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Also, Andrew Luck was a great passer when it mattered, he is a lot like Josh Allen.

That is a very good comparison.

I think there are fans here that wanted more from Luck. They may never let him live that down. Best to ignore.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That is a very good comparison.

I think there are fans here that wanted more from Luck. They may never let him live that down. Best to ignore.

People can be upset all they want about the way he retired (I get it) but anyone that doesn't think Luck was a great QB is insane. 

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Plenty of people on here have said a running QB gets injured too much, and it will never work, the same people that say that about AR. Lamar's key to being to be great besides being a good passer is he is a great runner. He ran for 2 TD's yesterday and a bunch of yards running.

He was responsible for almost all the offense. Lamar's dual threat skills made a big difference. Their defense is great too. But Jackson's ability to sustain drives with his legs as well as his arm allows their defense to rest. And in holding the ball, that prevents the other teams from having more chances to score.

Years ago, folks used to say, "You cannot stop Peyton Manning; you can only try to contain him." That approach is what I believe is best with all offenses. Contain them. Reduce the amount of times they touch the ball on offense. I don't like quick strike offenses because it then gives the ball back to the opponent's offense. Anyway, the Ravens are clicking on all cylinders and playing great complementary football.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

He was responsible for almost all the offense. Lamar's dual threat skills made a big difference. Their defense is great too. But Jackson's ability to sustain drives with his legs as well as his arms allows their defense to rest and in holding the ball, that does not give the other teams more chances to score.

Years ago, folks used to say, "You cannot stop Peyton Manning; you can only try to contain him." That approach is what I believe is best with all offenses. Contain them. Reduce the amount of times they touch the ball on offense. I don't like quick strike offenses because it then gives the ball back to the opponent's offense. Anyway, the Ravens are clicking on all cylinders and playing great complementary football.

Baltimore should win the SB, only guy that stands in front of them is Mahomes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Before the season started, I wanted the Colts to go after Lamar. Most in here was laughing at me, who is laughing now. Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV

You absolutely did. There were a few others that did. I think @richard pallo did too.

I thought Lamar was asking for too much. I was wrong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To me the Texans are a good team, Stroud had a good rookie year, their coach is fiery. Having said that, they don't scare me. We can beat them with a healthy AR. Teams that are scary to me are teams like the Chiefs, Ravens, 49ers. Even the Lions now.

Just now, NFLfan said:

You absolutely did. There were a few others that did. I think @richard pallo did too.

I thought Lamar was asking for too much. I was wrong.

Yep, Pallo and I were the only 2 that I can recall. 

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This was my lock of the week. It was even worse than what I thought it would be. On our Playoff contest thread, I had Ravens winning by 7-10, Thinking they would win by 10. Had it not been for a Punt return, this would have been even a bigger blowout.

Stroud 19-33/175 Yards/0 TD's/Offense accounted for 3 points, he only had 9 yards rushing as well. Stroud will win ROY, he deserves it but he isn't a great QB yet, he is good - big difference. The media was hyping him up like he was the best QB remaining in the playoffs, there for a while it was a Stroud lovefest. I am still convinced had we had Richardson we would have beat them. Their weakness is, they can't stop the run. Taylor ran all over them and imagine had we had AR and Taylor, Lamar was running wild.

Lamar Jackson proved he was elite today when you factor in his rushing yards to go with his passing yards. I picked the Ravens vs Lions before the season started to be in the SB with Ravens winning it all. I am on way there. The Chiefs are the elephant in the room because they have Mahomes, but the Ravens have the QB and defense to beat the Chiefs as long as they play a clean game. 

Interesting fact:

Only 4 QB's have made an AFC Championship Game from the AFC South over the past 20 seasons. (2004-2023),

1. Peyton 2006, 2009, Colts went on to win the Conference both years and won the SB in 2006.

2. Andrew Luck 2014, Colts lost to the eventual SB Champion Patriots.

3. Blake Bortles 2017, Jags lost to the Patriots, Patriots lost in the SB.

4. Ryan Tannehill 2019, Titans lost to the eventual SB Champion Chiefs.

To follow this up, I have Lions and Chiefs today. Enjoy the games everyone. 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lions are going to go to the SB, book it! I just felt it from day 1. 

You definitely have! But I just can't seem them winning outside. Lol I feel like they'll win today. But they'll my shocked to play outside. On grass. Next Sunday night 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ArmchairQB said:

I think Jordan Love is proving to be a better QB than Stroud this year. Dude is really balling out and as a Chicago native it is a bit sickening the way they continue to replace great QB’s with great QB’s

ballard passed on love in the 2020 draft

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is not true. Yes he traded the 13th pick but he could have moved back up. He had two second early round picks that year.

But he didn't pass on love.   He was drafted before any of the Colts picks in that draft

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

But he didn't pass on love.   He was drafted before any of the Colts picks in that draft

I think if he had really wanted him he wouldn’t have traded the 13th pick and would have did everything to get him. Truth is he probably wasn’t sold. But he could of still gotten him even with the Buckner trade if he really wanted too.

• Like 1