Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Wild Card Weekend Games Thread

Happy2BeHere

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That was my pick to win the NFC. I had them and the Ravens with Ravens winning. Lions will win their next game with that crowd behind them. That crowd reminds me of how the Salt Palace used to be when the Jazz had Stockton and Malone. Your ears would be ringing and if the Jazz didn't get a call, they would boo for a minute straight. Lions are for real at home. 

I remember. I would love that Super Bowl.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That was my pick to win the NFC. I had them and the Ravens with Ravens winning. Lions will win their next game with that crowd behind them. That crowd reminds me of how the Salt Palace used to be when the Jazz had Stockton and Malone. Your ears would be ringing and if the Jazz didn't get a call, they would boo for a minute straight. Lions are for real at home. 

Wow someone who knows the salt palace! Amazing. Born and raised and live here in the beehive state UTAH!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Wow someone who knows the salt palace! Amazing. Born and raised and live here in the beehive state UTAH!

When they had Stockton and Malone, they won 85% of their home games during the 90's. They were awesome. They would have won a Title but nobody could beat Jordan unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Just now, adubb84 said:

No one is pulling for them! Manifesting a BIG loss. Hopefully lol. 

I'm pulling for underdogs. The Bucs are underdogs. I will be rooting for the Bills but I don't dislike the Steelers the way Colts fans do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When they had Stockton and Malone, they won 85% of their home games during the 90's. They were awesome. They would have won a Title but nobody could beat Jordan unfortunately. 

I don't remember the Salt Palace. Lol. I remember the late Jerry Sloan, Stockton, Malone. They had a player who would later coach the Knicks. His name escapes me (I keep thinking "Havlichek" lol).

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't remember the Salt Palace. Lol. I remember the late Jerry Sloan, Stockton, Malone. They had a player who would later coach the Knicks. His name escapes me (I keep thinking "Havlichek" lol).

Jeff Hornacek. Horny was his nick name lmao . He was a great 3 point shooter. Jazz were loaded but the Bulls were just Elite.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jeff Hornacek. Horny was his nick name lmao . He was a great 3 point shooter. Jazz were loaded but the Bulls were just Elite.

That's right. Hornacek, not Havlichek. Lol.

Yes, the Jazz were great. I used to watch the NBA then but I was never a big fan of the NBA.

• Like 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

That's right. Hornacek, not Havlichek. Lol.

Yes, the Jazz were great. I used to watch the NBA then but I was never a big fan of the NBA.

Other than the Bulls, the best teams were the Rockets, Jazz, Pacers, and Knicks during the 90's. Pistons won it in 1990 but got old after that. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I would like that one too, but I would rather the Ravens.

Not me.  Bills, Houston, KC and Ravens would be my hopes in order.  

Detroit, Packers, San Fran, Philly/Tamps winner is my order in the NFC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I'm pulling for underdogs. The Bucs are underdogs. I will be rooting for the Bills but I don't dislike the Steelers the way Colts fans do.

Remaining teams I’m rooting for:

- Bucs (only for the eagles game) Bills, Ravens, lions

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Myles said:

Not me.  Bills, Houston, KC and Ravens would be my hopes in order.  

Detroit, Packers, San Fran, Philly/Tamps winner is my order in the NFC.

It would be cool to see the Bills make it. They have a great/wild fanbase. They went to 4 straight SB's from 1990-1993 and lost them all, so if they win it all, it would be different.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No doubt. For our Jazz to reach the finals twice and be killed by the bulls sucked

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

In 1997 when the Jazz got it 2-2, I thought there for a second the Jazz had them. Jazz had all the momentum, were 39-2 at home and 9-0 in the playoffs at home.

Stop bringing up painful childhood memories for me…total forum abuse right here 😭 

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

In 1997 when the Jazz got it 2-2, I thought there for a second the Jazz had them. Jazz had all the momentum, were 39-2 at home and 9-0 in the playoffs at home.

You have a great memory for this stuff. :hat:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NFLfan said:

You have a great memory for this stuff. :hat:

If you were a Jordan fan, you will not forget the flu game that he gutted out with IVs before and after the game, to help get the series to 3-2. :) 

His legend became greater after that game.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If you were a Jordan fan, you will not forget the flu game that he gutted out with IVs before and after the game, to help get the series to 3-2. :) 

I honestly hated the Bulls because they kept winning every season. I was hoping either us (Pacers) or the Jazz would take them out. Came close but no Cigar.

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I honestly hated the Bulls because they kept winning every season. I was hoping either us (Pacers) or the Jazz would take them out. Came close but no Cigar.

Yeah, when Jordan retired for good after winning in 1998 season , and said it is likely the Pacers are going to be the next best, the loss to the Knicks and the Larry Johnson 4-pointer (bogus call) really hurt, we could have taken on The Spurs, IMO, that was the shortened season. Then Phil Jackson came over for the Shaq/Kobe saga and another big market team to get calls happened, just like the Bulls.

Actually, I moved to Indianapolis in 1999 while all this was happening, been a Colts fan only since the Peyton era (if others don't remember me telling). I was a fan of the Bulls and had several arguments back in Albuquerque where I was in grad school with my friends, some of whom supported The Jazz, lol :)  Those friends did say "hey, they got a good young QB drafted out there in Indianapolis you are going to". Little did I know I would fall in love with the Colts and Peyton then.

The sharp shooters with Jalen Rose, Chris Mullin and Reggie Miller did go cold for a little stretch vs the Lakers and that game 4 vs Pacers cost us when the Lakers jumped out to 3-1 when the Pacers did make the NBA Finals in 2000. I visited Market Square arena then, and like the RCA dome, could see why it was built to be so loud. That choke sign from Reggie is still legendary to Spike Lee. :) 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I remember that.

11 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@DEColtsLover36 you should join us during the games.

Are you pulling for the Eagles?

Thanks :) I was purposely avoiding wild card weekend, still was upset about the way the Colts game ended and needed a breather before jumping back into football lol.

For the games today, it doesn’t really matter to me who wins, I think they could both go either way. As a Philly girl, part of me will always be happy for any Eagles success, but I wouldn’t say I’m rooting for them necessarily. It’s more like oh well, whatever happens happens haha. But I always love seeing the few other posters on here that give them credit or predict them to win a game (like my homeboy @2006Coltsbestever:D

If anything I would love to see the Steelers lose, can’t stand them. Really mad that the chips fell their way for them to even be in this position, and we aren’t. I wasn’t even expecting us to get that far, but once we were there I was all wrapped up in it haha. Not losing sleep over it or anything, it is what it is, but just hate seeing the Steelers do anything besides losing lol. So I would say that’s the one thing I would care about today.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Good morning/afternoon/night, all. We have two more games schedule for today. Can't wait!

Looks like a lot of work is need to get the stadium in shape for football.

@richard pallo How's the weather out there in the western part of NY?

We, Rochester,  didn't get the heavy snow like Buffalo but we did get the strong gusty winds and freezing temperatures. What a difference 70 miles east of Lake Erie makes.  We have our own issues with Lake Ontario though.  Beautiful sunny blue sky this morning but temps in the teens zero overnight.  A lot of Rochester fans will be making the trip today.  Thanks for asking. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We, Rochester,  didn't get the heavy snow like Buffalo but we did get the strong gusty winds and freezing temperatures. What a difference 70 miles east of Lake Erie makes.  We have our own issues with Lake Ontario though.  Beautiful sunny blue sky this morning but temps in the teens zero overnight.  A lot of Rochester fans will be making the trip today.  Thanks for asking. 

Thank you. I hope they are able to clean out and no more snow falls.

While I was rooting a lot for the Lions, I have to say that this guy Kirby Joseph is a dirty player. He took out TJ Hockenson and almost knocked out JJ a few weeks ago. I believe he did the same to another player on another team. Yesterday, his hit caused Tyler Higbee to suffer a knee injury. All his teammates are coming to his defense. The NFL needs to do something about him.

https://sports.yahoo.com/lions-defend-low-hit-injured-152736996.html

Rams tight end Tyler Higbee suffered what is believed to be a serious knee injury when he took a low hit from Lions safety Kerby Joseph on Sunday night, and Jo...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Joseph also hit Justin Jefferson helmet to helmet. JJ was not injured but it was a scary moment. Vikings fans are still talking about It.

Yep, this is Kareem Jackson level dirty stuff. A negative for the Lions in my book if they keep encouraging this stuff. That was one reason Sean Payton and the Broncos soured on me at the beginning of the season. 

T J Ward of Cleveland Browns did the same to Gronk. Just because the guy is bigger than you doesn't mean you go for the knees, you can still go for the quads and he was launching too. It was not even a bang bang play, he is just dumb saying the QB shouldn't put the guy in harm's way. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Superman said:

A lot of people liked Stroud. We did a poll before the draft, and Stroud was the #1 vote getter.

So far, those people have been proven correct.  Right now, almost anyone would take Stroud first out of the 2023 QB draft class.

2 hours ago, Superman said:

A lot of people liked Stroud. We did a poll before the draft, and Stroud was the #1 vote getter.

I don't recall that. I remember many people being down on him because of the results of the S2 test and something he said about who he admires or who he looks up to (something like that).

Who was second?