Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Around the league (Coaching News)

Happy2BeHere

I was hoping Jim would stay in college, I didn’t want us fans to deal with the drama that comes from him. He also still has pending issues with the NCAA which I’ve heard the league may choose to enforce against him should he be punished further.

1 hour ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I was hoping Jim would stay in college, I didn’t want us fans to deal with the drama that comes from him. He also still has pending issues with the NCAA which I’ve heard the league may choose to enforce against him should he be punished further.

Ehh.   they didn't do anything to "Pete the Cheat".  Doubt they do anything to Harbaugh.    He's good for the league IMO 

17 hours ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Ehh.   they didn't do anything to "Pete the Cheat".  Doubt they do anything to Harbaugh.    He's good for the league IMO 

Respect your opinion. The league is much more strict these days and they clearly want to send a message…so if the NCAA were to punish him I do believe the league would cooperate in following suit to some degree to ensure he pays his penalty whatever that may be…fines/suspensions/all of the above. I don’t think he’s necessarily good for the league but I hope I am wrong.

In other news when will the falcons announce the hiring of BB?? Seems like it will be any day IMO…assuming they are just hammering out details regarding contract and control that BB wants.

3 hours ago, #12. said:

Guess the title of Frank's book.   

Climbing the mountain... How to get rich by digging out of a huge hole, year after year..     

lol Love Frank as a person...but as a coach, he is too afraid or unwilling to fit his scheme to his players. He is the personification of square peg /round hole, as a coach.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

With a QB like Herbert and the speed they have on defense, Harbaugh will have the Chargers at 9-8 in his 1st season IMO. I am still not sold on Herbert being great, but he is good, Harbaugh may be able to get Herbert to play at a great level. 

Yeah, think about this - you have 3 coaches who have been to SBs and 2 that have won SBs in Andy Reid, Sean Payton and Jim Harbaugh all in 1 division.

AFC West became just as tough as the AFC North where you have the same situation - both Mike Tomlin and John Harbaugh have won SBs while Zac Taylor has been to a SB.

Falcons have interviewed both Belichick and Vrabel, surprised how things turned out there. I think Vrabel would do well with the Commanders, IMO. Very winnable division and they will get the 2nd best QB in the draft. IMO, it can be turned around faster in the NFC East just like the NFC South

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Looking like Slowik might be staying in Houston. Commanders and Seahawks are the only ones left.

Word is Mike Vrabel is going to bring Arthur Smith with him as OC based on their Titans days together, wherever he lands as HC.

Just now, chad72 said:

Apparently, Ben Johnson, OC Of Lions, is a strong front runner for HC of Commanders, according to the reliable messenger :) Boomer Esiason (j/k):

https://www.si.com/nfl/commanders/news/washington-commanders-hire-coach-ben-johnson-detroit-lions-boomer-esiason-reports

This also means Chiefs will probably get Eric Bieniemy back as OC.

The Chiefs have an OC.

Ben Johnson to the Seahawks??

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know I wanted it, so I could go 0-6 and get fired on a 3 year 21-million-dollar deal. Retire for life after coaching 6 games and getting fired, and kick back drinking Crown Royals pulp fiction drinking GIF.

You should've applied for the job.

If you're good at throwing beer at a Jaguars fan, you're hired, I heard! 

Job applications seldom come with easier expectations. 

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Where is BB and Vrabel going? 

I still think the Commanders will be the place one of them will go. Belichick might be long in the tooth for some GMs because his former coaching staff folks haven't done well at other places and at this point in his career, GMs are looking for more offensive minded guys over defensive minded ones as a ratio, and younger ones too.

Greater chance Vrabel gets hired with Arthur Smith as OC than Belichick, IMO. It is time for Belichick to hang it up.

On 1/25/2024 at 6:13 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I guess no one wants the panthers job lol.

I mean, can you blame them? If what is being reported about Tepper is true he's a cancer. No one should want to deal with that.

I'm surprised that the Panthers owner would sign a head coach with no head coaching experience to a six-year deal, given the owner's penchant for impulsively firing coaches. 

All the best to Dave Canales. I hope the owner can show some.patience and self-control and allow his football people to do their jobs.

@HOZERDo you know Dave Canales? You and he have something in common. :D

• Like 1

The AFC is going to be packed with talented, competitive teams. I heard that the Chargers may hire Joe Hortiz as GM! That is who I wanted the Vikings to hire two years ago. I love those the Ravens personnel staff and Hortiz is one of them. You combine Herbert with Jim Harbaugh and Hortiz -- that will be a winning combination.

I'm disappointed that the Vikes had not hired Hortiz.

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I'm surprised that the Panthers owner would sign a head coach with no head coaching experience to a six-year deal, given the owner's penchant for impulsively firing coaches. 

All the best to Dave Canales. I hope the owner can show some.patience and self-control and allow his football people to do their jobs.

@HOZERDo you know Dave Canales? You and he have something in common. :D

Honestly had not heard about him until now, seems like a promising young coach if he was able to help Mayfield turn it around. He doesn’t look old enough to have been in the league as long as he has, crazy! Wonder what Riverboat Ron thinks of him?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Cowboys, especially Prescott-Lamb, did very well after he left.

Moore must have had the best transition from undrafted player in '12 to finishing NFL career as player in '17 to becoming OC for three different teams with 5 years of coordinator experience by the end of '24. 

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Ben Johnson is returning to the Lions.

He's holding out for Mike McCarthy or Nick Sirianni to be fired, not impressed by Commanders or Seahawks job, I guess.

Good for Lions and their supporters on this forum, like @2006Coltsbestever and @JoeyBlueSkies

Don't know about the other, but @2006Coltsbestever must be excited 😆

On 1/29/2024 at 5:00 AM, NFLfan said:

Browns are hiring Ken Dorsey as OC.

He didn't utilize run game well with Bills, and he's going to a run first offense. Maybe, they want his passing concepts installed and Stefanski could enforce lot of runs still. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Ben Johnson is returning to the Lions.

I wonder who will coach the Commanders and Seahawks. Bieniemy improved the Commanders' offense and the Chiefs' offense seemed to struggle at times this year. One would think Bieniemy had some part in the Chiefs offense. But Washington is not even considering him..