Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Season Week 18 Around the NFL game thread

NFLfan

Just now, NFLfan said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2023/12/27/qb-ranking-2024-nfl-draft/72041412007/

@2006Coltsbestever  I was also looking at JJ McCarthy. I guess we can watch the two QBs tomorrow.

McCarthy is good and I think Michigan will probably win because they have a great run game and defense. Penix is a better QB though. Washington has beaten several good teams this year and Penix is a huge reason why. They beat Oregon and Nix twice. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

McCarthy is good and I think Michigan will probably win because they have a great run game and defense. Penix is a better QB though. Washington has beaten several good teams this year and Penix is a huge reason why. They beat Oregon and Nix twice. 

Penix is 3 years older, as is Nix. McCarthy is 20

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Penix is 3 years older, as is Nix. McCarthy is 20

When it comes to age, why does it matter if both are young? Many bring age up, just not you. If someone is 21 or 24 in the long run, I don't think it matters. QB's can play until they are 35 now days and be good. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When it comes to age, why does it matter if both are young? Many bring age up, just not you. If someone is 21 or 24 in the long run, I don't think it matters. QB's can play until they are 35 now days and be good. 

McCarthy can sit behind someone for a few years and will still be young when ready. Penix and Nix will have to start right away or within a year. They will both be 24 before June.

Just now, NFLfan said:

McCarthy can sit behind someone for a few years and will still be young when ready. Penix and Nix will have to start right away or within a year. They will both be 24 before June.

I think Penix is starter ready. He's that good. 

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Bengals 21, Browns 0

Burrow have 300 yards yet (Joking)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bigger fail, Colts or Jags. That is an easy answer. Jags by a mile. Just think, we get a 4th and 1, we could have won the South. 

Jags for sure. The Colts were not expected to win more than 6 or so games. The only fail for the Colts is that they lost the opportunity to continue the development of their rookie QB.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@Zoltan  You liked Daniels. What do you think of McCarthy and Penix?

McCarthy will be a bust in the NFL, Penix I'm not a fan of as well, I just don't trust a QB who has played 6 years in college. Although in his defense he has looked very good and accurate when throwing deep, he'll be a 1st rounder and since he's older and has played alot of snaps will transition very easily to the NFL.

• Thanks 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

Jags for sure. The Colts were not expected to win more than 6 or so games. The only fail for the Colts is that they lost they opportunity to continue the development of their rookie QB.

AR will be fine. He looked good when he played. I am sure he learned a lot too this season about injuries and from Minshew and Shane.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

McCarthy will be a bust in the NFL, Penix I'm not a fan of as well, I just don't trust a QB who has played 6 years in college. Although in his defense he has looked very good and accurate when throwing deep, he'll be a 1st rounder and since he's older and has played alot of snaps will transition very easily to the NFL.

Penix had some injuries when he was at IU, hence the 6 years. He has been healthy this season. 

2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I think these kind of quarterbacks make good mid round picks and are good to have as a backup. They generally have a high floor.

11 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steelers are like a cat with nine lives 

Every year people count them out and every year they find a way to make it in.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If colts had won jags would win this game lol.

I don't know about that. If Jags don't win, they may not make the postseason. If they lose, the Steelers will make it in.

Just now, NFLfan said:

I don't know about that. If Jags don't win, to get may not make the postseason. If they lose, the Steelers will make it in.

The Steelers positive influence would outweigh the Colts negative.

25 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Thanks. Do you still like Daniels? Looks like our GM wants Daniels.

1 minute ago, coltsva said:

The Steelers positive influence would outweigh the Colts negative.

You're rooting for the Steelers?

2 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

Let’s go Tennessee! Hold onto this lead 😤

Hey there, Qwiz. We see you after a Texans win? This Vikings fan is still active here. Too bad we won't be joining you in the postseason.

(So many typos. Lol)

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks. Do you still like Daniels? Looks like our GM wants Daniels.

For me, this QB class its all about where you have to pick them and what you have to give up to get them. I still like Daniels, I think he carried a bad LSU team this year but I really like him as a late 1st rounder like pick 32

• Thanks 1

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

Yea it is a bummer to see jags losing by double scores right now after the loss last night…we almost coulda shoulda woulda won the south title. Sad for us 😢 

This actually makes me look forward to the future. We were this close to winning the AFCS with AR out and so many injuries. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You're rooting for the Steelers?

Good gosh NO!!!!

Just saying Steelers need Jags to lose, so we know they will lose. 

if Colts won they would need Jags to lose to win division, so we know Jags would win(as a pessimistic Colts fan). 

Since both Jags win and loss can’t happen, the Steelers get what they need and the Colts get the benefit of the Steelers never ending luck.