Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Braden Smith returns

AustexColt

It is good  to hear that RT Braden Smith is returning to the lineup, after missing half of the season due to injuries. I hope he plays to his starndard and not just make a token appearance. We need to revisit his contract and Ryan Kelly in the offseason. We need more younger and reliable players. This draft should produce a number of great candidates. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

It is good  to hear that RT Braden Smith is returning to the lineup, after missing half of the season due to injuries. I hope he plays to his starndard and not just make a token appearance. We need to revisit his contract and Ryan Kelly in the offseason. We need more younger and reliable players. This draft should produce a number of great candidates. 

Part of me thinks Kelly is done after this season. 

48 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

Smith is the 8th rated tackle in the league and Kelly is the 7th rated center.  And with AR returning you want to replace them with rookies because we need younger and reliable players.  I think you should be counting your blessings they are playing for the Colts and hopefully Kelly wants to return next year.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Part of me thinks Kelly is done after this season. 

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Part of me does as well. I’m thinking he retires.

as for Smith, until this season, he’s been fairly reliable. 

both will be hard to replace 

There was a thread about this exact topic a few weeks ago.   Posters said they thought Smith and Kelly would retire.   

At the time, there were comments from both saying they had no plans to retire.  None.  That they plan to play as long as they can.   

Hopefully that clarifies.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

There was a thread about this exact topic a few weeks ago.   Posters said they thought Smith and Kelly would retire.   

At the time, there were comments from both saying they had no plans to retire.  None.  That they plan to play as long as they can.   

I mean, yeah I know what they said. It still wouldn’t surprise me if Kelly did decide to call it quits though. 

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Smith is 27 why would he retire?

Health reasons.

Tearing his body up over the next couple seasons with little probability of winning a SB sounds sucky. 

He is wealthy.

He has a brain and wants to pursue other interests.

The primary reasons.

24 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Health reasons.

Tearing his body up over the next couple seasons with little probability of winning a SB sounds sucky. 

He is wealthy.

He has a brain and wants to pursue other interests.

The primary reasons.

He played 16 games last season. He had bad injury luck this year. Lmao His brain? 

17 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Doesn’t mean they can’t change their minds.