2023 Week 15 All Around the NFL game thread

NFLfan

Denver @ Detroit  

1. 1. Who are you rooting for?

• The Lions
    • The Broncos
    • Neither

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/17/2023 at 02:00 AM

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Even though I like the Bengals, I can’t stand Collinsworth… 

I don't mind him but he talks a little too much.

Are you old enough to remember Bruce Coslet? Boomer Esiason was a big supporter of Coslet.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There is no room for error to make playoffs or win the division. 

If we're gonna drop any game and still make the playoffs, it would almost have to be against the Falcons (who suffered a crushing loss at Carolina today) because the other 2 are conference games but if we win both of them, we'd have 10 wins and a superior conference record - with that said, I highly doubt that we'll lose at Atlanta!

• Like 1

Just now, Lancer1 said:

If we're gonna drop any game and still make the playoffs, it would almost have to be against the Falcons (who suffered a crushing loss at Carolina today) because the other 2 are conference games but if we win both of them, we'd have 10 wins and a superior conference record - with that said, I highly doubt that we'll lose at Atlanta!

Bills are going to win out. The way Cincy is playing don’t count them in on a loss. 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Bills are going to win out. The way Cincy is playing don’t count them in on a loss. 

Teams typically go on a 4 or 5 game streak. Very hard to win 6 in a row in this league.

Bengals will lose to the Chiefs after winning 4 in a row. Then, possibly lose to the Browns. 10-7 at best, their record will be, or 9-8 and out of the playoffs in the last week.

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don't know about that, they've had some "questionable" losses this year and can drop one at any time, 2 of their final 3 are on the road and their last game is at Miami.

7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I did not see that. Where did you read that?

Browning showed nothing with the Vikings but then again, Zimmer probably did not give him a chance.

https://www.twincities.com/2023/12/17/ex-vikings-quarterback-jake-browning-they-never-should-have-cut-me/

When the game winning FG hit uprights, Jake Browning sought out a camera, screaming "they should've never cut me".

When asked about it in the press, he said he didn't say a word until then because he didn't want to say beforehand, then lose the game and look like an *. :)

Yeah, that was the time Zimmer wanted back-up QBs to be only backups and not be any competition to Kirk Cousins! He wanted those Trevor Siemian type to be subservient to QB1. 

He should look at all around the league this year, and should understand the importance of finding QB talent in all places at all times, whether you've a franchise QB or not.

We at least got out of those old traditional methods now, that was what I hated about Zimmer. And, being a defensive coach, he couldn't identify talent at QB, or CB for that matter. 

• Like 1

So the Jets HC said Zach Wilson is their best shot at winning Sunday's game. The Jets scored no points. To add to New York's woes the Giants racked up 6 points.

Texans have Cleveland and Tennessee. Colts have Atlanta and Las Vegas before they play each other.

The Colts helped the Ravens when they beat the Steelers, so I like to think that the Ravens returned the favor last night. (They probably don't care about the Colts, but it's a nice thought.) 

It would have been better if the Jaguars didn't sweep the Colts, but have to take what we can get. We control our own destiny.