Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Boise State QB Kellen Moore

oldunclemark

It seems obvious that Boise's QB Kellen Moore will be around very late in the draft...

50-3 in Divison 1......................142 TDs and 24 interceptions...

The all-time leading high school passer in the state of Washington...67 TD passes as a senior.

5-foot-11....a dart thrower.....but an all-time great at both the high school and college level

....we obviously have other needs but do we protect ourselves against an injury to Luck?

BPA advocates......your thoughts?

BPA advocates......your thoughts?

Don't know if he's BPA until you have a better idea of who's A.

(Also, even most BPA advocates recognize the need to fill holes late in the draft, particularly special teams, etc. and accept deviating from BPA to do so)

Don't know if he's BPA until you have a better idea of who's A.

(Also, even most BPA advocates recognize the need to fill holes late in the draft, particularly special teams, etc. and accept deviating from BPA to do so)

I didnt know there were BPA (best player available) rules.

:stats:

I should have studied last night.

you dont draft a qb number 1 to go ahead and draft another qb. we have needs we need to fill. we already have a backup qb who has started and won games. we'll be fine.

so since we signed Avery and Reggie...as free agents...

we also dont need a WR...right..?

..The BPA thing just seems wrong to me..

Moore's successs is undeniable. He has a laundry list of non-typical NFL QB attributes though.

I will say I like the idea of not dismissing the position just because a team has an entrenched starter. ESPN had a decent article about the Packers approach to drafting QBs in the last 20 years, while Favre, and now Rodgers have been on the roster. They have drafted 11 QBs in the last 20 years, more than any team. They valued that position highly, obviously, even with proven, exceptional starters (who didn't and haven't missed games). Many of those picks turned into additional draft picks through trades, one, Rodgers, obviously turned into an incredibly valuable pick, and others, as you'd imagine were useless.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/42669/packers-qbs-not-just-favre-rodgers

All that said, not this draft, not now. A couple years from now I think it's a great idea. I would prefer to never again watch what I did last year. There is no more important position in the sport, so I think it has to rank in every draft. Later rounds for sure. Once a team can afford that luxury.

Moore would be an interesting pick with the last pick.

His biggest question mark is his arm and whether it is an NFL arm. Some of his measurable's are equal to anybody in the draft. Some obviously aren't.

A worse selection could be made.

I agree.

I dont think its a comment on Luck to take another college QB who has flaws and understands he would be the 2nd or 3rd string...

There ARE questions about Moore but if you are grooming him as a backup..we get time to answer all his question marks.

he's a winnng player..His record is overwhelming

..and you need 3 QBs....quarterbacsk get hurt.....

.Luck..Stanton....and a 'project'

Like a Kellen Moore.

I agree.

I dont think its a comment on Luck to take another college QB who has flaws and understands he would be the 2nd or 3rd string...

There ARE questions about Moore but if you are grooming him as a backup..we get time to answer all his question marks.

he's a winnng player..His record is overwhelming

..and you need 3 QBs....quarterbacsk get hurt.....

.Luck..Stanton....and a 'project'

Like a Kellen Moore.

Agreed