Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NBA, Pacers and all NBA talk

Everyone is getting a glimpse of how good Dallas is as they are up 26 tonight on the road. Doncic and Irving both have 36 points apiece and their Big's are physical and dominate down low. Boston fans think they are going to beat Dallas easily, I don't see it. Dallas in 6. Dallas will definitely not go down 0-2 like the Pacers did and the Pacers only went down 0-2 because they gave away Game 1. Doncic is better than Tatum, Irving and Brown are a wash but Irving is a proven champion. Tatum has choked in the biggest moments in the past and their Big's fall in love with 3 way too much. I also think Kidd is a better coach compared to Boston's coach. 

• Like 1

NBA is full of parity, there has been a different World Champion every year since the 2018 season:

2018:

West Finals = Warriors over Rockets

East Finals = Cavs over Celtics

World Champion = Warriors

2019: 

West Finals = Warriors over Blazers

East Finals = Raptors over Bucks

World Champion = Raptors

2020: (Covid Bubble Season)

West Finals = Lakers over Nuggets

East Finals = Heat over Celtics

World Champion = Lakers

2021:

West Finals = Suns over Clippers

East Finals = Bucks over Hawks

World Champion = Bucks

2022:

West Finals = Warriors over Mavericks

East Finals = Celtics over Heat

World Champion = Warriors

2023:

West Finals = Nuggets over Lakers

East Finals = Heat over Celtics

World Champion = Nuggets

2024:

West Finals = Mavericks over Timberwolves

East Finals = Celtics over Pacers

World Champion = ? to be determined.

Italic = Symbolizes Conference Champion

Bold = Symbolizes World Champion

Underline = Pacers made a Final 4

• Like 2

Boston is a -225 to win the series. I am putting $200 on Dallas to win $450 = total payout $650. If I lose, I just lose $200. 

-225 is mindboggling. I expected something like -100. I have to take Dallas and those ridiculous odds.

@NFLUp, you said Tatum is better than Doncic. On what planet? Doncic is better and it isn't even debatable, take your green glasses off Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV. Tatum is a top 10 player in the league, but Doncic is top 5. Also, as great as Holiday is on defense, there is no 1 guy in the league that can stop Uncle Drew. Good luck with that. If Boston wins, Tatum will have to play like an MVP - I don't see it, Brown won MVP of the East Finals. It will also be because of players like White, Horford making 3s out of their butt - that is possible. Brown will get his and Dallas will be fine with that, can't stop everyone. Porzingis is good but inconsistent - look at his history on every team he's been on, relying on him to be hero is a stretch. Dallas will win this in 6. Mark Cuban also said this his last year owning the team, he will go out in style. The narrative is there.

I have been pretty good at predicting these playoffs before each series started. I had the Celtics beating the Heat and Cavs, had the Mavs winning every series they have been in. I had the Pacers beating the Bucks and Knicks as well. The only series that surprised me, I had Denver over Minnesota, that still even went 7. Originally, I even had Boston beating the Pacers but switched it at the last second just because I am a Pacer fan. I didn't bet on it though because I knew Boston had the better team.

• Like 1

2006Coltsbestever, does your bet on the Mavericks allow for a certain number of games, or just a win no matter how long it takes? 

I might bet on Dallas just because the odds are so high, but less than $200. Maybe I'll go with points or player stats instead. Have some time to think about it.

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

2006Coltsbestever, does your bet on the Mavericks allow for a certain number of games, or just a win no matter how long it takes? 

I might bet on Dallas just because the odds are so high, but less than $200. Maybe I'll go with points or player stats instead. Have some time to think about it.

The site I go through (I am not allowed to mention in here because of Forum rules even though legal of course) is Boston is a -225 to win the series. So, to answer your question, it is for all marbles, not just 1 game. I knew Boston would be favored but I was thinking more on the lines of -100 to maybe -130 at most. Boston is a tad deeper and they have HCA is why I understand them being favored but at -225, I can't pass on that. Luka Doncic has the been the best player period during the playoffs and on any list he is a top 5 player with Joker and Giannis factored in. This will be the 1st series that Tatum has played in where he isn't the best player. IMO, Brown just is great as Tatum is, he has proved that time and time again every year during the playoffs. No one player can stop Irving from scoring either. Where Dallas is being overlooked by the media and Boston fans is, their Big's are more physical than Boston's in Lively and Gafford where the Pacers were a finesse team. To beat Boston, you have to get physical. Pj Washington can match anything Al Horford does as well from 3. Dallas has played great defense the whole playoffs, I have watched them close. I also think Kidd is the better coach.

Look at the path that Dallas had to take to get to the Finals compared to Boston's path. Best team Boston beat was our Pacers and 3 of those games could have gone either way, also Haliburton was out in Games 3 and 4. Boston beat Miami and Cleveland, arguably the 2 worse teams in the playoffs. Dallas beat a talented Clippers team, beat #1 seeded OKC without HCA, and just beat Minnesota without HCA who beat Denver.

17 hours ago, w87r said:

In 6 hours? Lol

Fight Ooo GIF

It seems like Luka and Kyrie are on a mission. Might become the first No.5 seed to win it all?? We will see. 

I place a small bet on Dallas to win the series. If I lose, I'm blaming certain people on the forum who encouraged this.😁

Not really, but I couldn't pass up the high odds if Dallas does win. 

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Boston is a -225 to win the series. I am putting $200 on Dallas to win $450 = total payout $650. If I lose, I just lose $200. 

-225 is mindboggling. I expected something like -100. I have to take Dallas and those ridiculous odds.

@NFLUp, you said Tatum is better than Doncic. On what planet? Doncic is better and it isn't even debatable, take your green glasses off Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV. Tatum is a top 10 player in the league, but Doncic is top 5. Also, as great as Holiday is on defense, there is no 1 guy in the league that can stop Uncle Drew. Good luck with that. If Boston wins, Tatum will have to play like an MVP - I don't see it, Brown won MVP of the East Finals. It will also be because of players like White, Horford making 3s out of their butt - that is possible. Brown will get his and Dallas will be fine with that, can't stop everyone. Porzingis is good but inconsistent - look at his history on every team he's been on, relying on him to be hero is a stretch. Dallas will win this in 6. Mark Cuban also said this his last year owning the team, he will go out in style. The narrative is there.

I have been pretty good at predicting these playoffs before each series started. I had the Celtics beating the Heat and Cavs, had the Mavs winning every series they have been in. I had the Pacers beating the Bucks and Knicks as well. The only series that surprised me, I had Denver over Minnesota, that still even went 7. Originally, I even had Boston beating the Pacers but switched it at the last second just because I am a Pacer fan. I didn't bet on it though because I knew Boston had the better team.

Tatum is just as good as Doncic.  He doesn’t have to do quite as much because he has a better team, but he’s been on two straight All-NBA teams for a reason.  and please don’t dismiss that, or you’d be a hypocrite; you claim Peyton’s MVPs used to make him as good of a player as Brady.

Go back and watch the last Celtics/Mavericks game from March.  
Celtics play outstanding team defense.  Brown and Tatum can lock down Doncic.  White and/or Holiday (you know, the best defensive backcourt in the NBA) will lock down Kyrie.  The rest of Dallas doesn’t concern me at all.

this will go 5 at most.  Celtics easily over the Mavs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NFLUp said:

Tatum is just as good as Doncic.  He doesn’t have to do quite as much because he has a better team, but he’s been on two straight All-NBA teams for a reason.  and please don’t dismiss that, or you’d be a hypocrite; you claim Peyton’s MVPs used to make him as good of a player as Brady.

Go back and watch the last Celtics/Mavericks game from March.  
Celtics play outstanding team defense.  Brown and Tatum can lock down Doncic.  White and/or Holiday (you know, the best defensive backcourt in the NBA) will lock down Kyrie.  The rest of Dallas doesn’t concern me at all.

this will go 5 at most.  Celtics easily over the Mavs.

Tatum is a great player but Doncic is better. Both teams basically will have a week off and should come in healthy so there really can't be any excuses for the losing team. Unless a key player gets injured during the series. I still like Dallas in 6. If I am wrong I will be here and tip my cap to you, and say I was wrong.

Regarding football, if you look my top 5 QBs of all-time, I have Brady #1 and I am a diehard Colts fan. I have Brady 1, Montana 2, Peyton 3, Mahomes 4, Unitas 5. The League MVP is the 2nd best thing a QB can win, only winning the Championship is better. So I put a lot of weight on League MVPs. Peyton is top 5 at worse just because of that alone combined with winning 2 Championships. At the end of the year, if a QB doesn't win the Championship, but wins League MVP, most say, he still at least won MVP and was the best player the whole regular season.

Celtics have beaten the Mavs 4-0 over the last two seasons by an average score of 19.

Celts with the gentleman’s sweep in 5.

seriously, this won’t be close.

My Mt Rushmore of the Celtics, Jason Tatum can't even sniff this:

Larry Bird

Bill Russell

John Havlicek

Paul Pierce - I had to flip a coin between Pierce and Kevin McHale. Bob Cousy is also mentionable.

-Also, Kevin Garnett was better than Jason Tatum. Garnett played for the Celtics for 6 years (2008-2013) so he can be considered a huge part of their franchise, and he went 2 Finals, winning 1. 

As a Clipper fan if Dallas wins it all Id feel a lot better because with Leonard healthy think they bounce the Mavs BUT I agree with most Boston the better squad and not even close. Porzingas will make his old squad pay....

18 minutes ago, NFLUp said:

Yeah, Porzingis is only the best player on the court tonight.

they have no one to guard him.  
Celts in 5. 
Probably less.

LOL, it's 1 game and Boston is making everything, Dallas is ice cold. Dallas will win Game 2 and when that happens the whole narrative will change.

8 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

As a Clipper fan if Dallas wins it all Id feel a lot better because with Leonard healthy think they bounce the Mavs BUT I agree with most Boston the better squad and not even close. Porzingas will make his old squad pay....

Nah, I actually had Boston winning tonight. I had Dallas winning games 2 and 3, Boston will win Game 4. Dallas will win Game 5 and 6. Dallas in 6. Boston is on fire, it happens. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Leonard hasn't been healthy since the 2019 season when he played for Toronto, and they won it all lmao . Dude is washed up and done. He plays 1 game and looks normal, then the next day, Clippers say he is out for a week haha 

If you guys think Dallas will play this bad in Game 2 you are in denial and Boston won't make everything they are throwing up. They are making 30 footers. Luka and Kyrie both have played bad, usually home teams do win Game 1. Pacers had Boston beat in Game 1 and gave it away. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LOL, it's 1 game and Boston is making everything, Dallas is ice cold. Dallas will win Game 2 and when that happens the whole narrative will change.

Hilarious.

There’s literally no answer to Porzingis, Holiday, or White.

Dallas, as is proven this evening, is two players.

You are so off it’s hilarious.  

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Boston is shooting 40% from 3, Dallas 20% chuckling homer simpson GIF. That difference won't happen again. Dallas has made 5 3's, Boston 16. That is the game right there. It's a make or miss league, Game 2 could easily be the opposite and I think it will be. 

nonsense. 
It comes down to defense.

How many blocks do the C’s have tonight? 
Has Kyrie done a thing?

Please.  This is embarrassing.  
C’s in 5.

Just now, NFLUp said:

Hilarious.

There’s literally no answer to Porzingis, Holiday, or White.

Dallas, as is proven this evening, is two players.

You are so off it’s hilarious.  

See above, you actually think Dallas will go 5-24 from 3 again? Boston is making everything. Celebrating being up 1-0 is a bit premature. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

See above, you actually think Dallas will go 5-24 from 3 again? Boston is making everything. Celebrating being up 1-0 is a bit premature. 

You think the Celtics’ defense will get worse?

They have the SECOND best defense in the NBA this season for a frickin’ reason.

Shut down either Doncic or Kyrie, and that’s it.

4 minutes ago, NFLUp said:

You think the Celtics’ defense will get worse?

They have the SECOND best defense in the NBA this season for a frickin’ reason.

Shut down either Doncic or Kyrie, and that’s it.

I have watched the whole game and Dallas has missed like 10 open 3's. It wasn't Boston's defense. Boston played good inside defense, but Dallas had a bunch of open looks that they normally make and just missed. I wouldn't get to happy yet, if you go up 2-0 you should feel good about it, but Dallas hasn't played 2 bad games in a row the whole playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have watched the whole game and Dallas has missed like 10 open 3's. It wasn't Boston's defense. Boston played good inside defense, but Dallas had a bunch of open looks that they normally make and just missed. I wouldn't get to happy yet, if you go up 2-0 you should feel good about it, but Dallas hasn't played 2 bad games in a row the whole playoffs. 

Dude, I seriously question your basketball knowledge.  Almost every 3 was contested.  
By the way, the Celtics haven’t lost to Dallas in 5 straight games.

Average win margin?  Now up to 21 points per game.

Oh, by the way, how many road losses do the Celts have in the playoffs this year?

Zero, correct?

Yeah, not worried at all about playing in Dallas.

You still haven’t told me who is going to step up for Dallas beyond Kyrie and Doncic.

You haven’t told me who’s gonna to stop Porzingis, or White, or Holiday, if the focus is on Tatum and Brown.

Please, show me how that’ll happen.

9 minutes ago, NFLUp said:

Dude, I seriously question your basketball knowledge.  Almost every 3 was contested.  
By the way, the Celtics haven’t lost to Dallas in 5 straight games.

Average win margin?  Now up to 21 points per game.

Oh, by the way, how many road losses do the Celts have in the playoffs this year?

Zero, correct?

Yeah, not worried at all about playing in Dallas.

You still haven’t told me who is going to step up for Dallas beyond Kyrie and Doncic.

You haven’t told me who’s gonna to stop Porzingis, or White, or Holiday, if the focus is on Tatum and Brown.

Please, show me how that’ll happen.

Go back and watch the game, Dallas had many open looks and just missed. It happens to teams in games in every series.

PJ Washington and Lively will play much better in Game 2. Irving will go for 30 next game, he played bad tonight, remember I said that. Doncic had 30 but didn't shoot well either. I get it, you are on cloud 9 after a nice blow out win and you should be. Knicks fans and the media were talking smack when they were up on the Pacers 2-0, and that was 2-0, not 1-0 and look at what happened. I don't want to hear about injuries because the Knicks were favored to win Game 7 and after Game 2 by ESPN statistics had a 94% chance of winning the series. It's the 1st one to 4. 

I picked Boston to win tonight, I figured they would win Game 1 being at home

@NFLUp

I have been wrong before in picking series and champions, but I am right more than I am wrong over the years. I have great knowledge of the game, that won't change even if my Dallas pick crashes. 

I have nailed the last 4 Finals before the series started:

In 2020 I had the Lakers beating the Heat in 6. Was 100% correct there.

In 2021 I had the Bucks beating the Suns in 6. Was 100% correct there.

In 2022 I had the Warriors beating the Celtics in 7. They won in 6, I got the winner right.

In 2023 I had the Nuggets beating the Heat in 6. They won in 5. I got the winner right.

• Like 1

Didn’t watch the game last night but I’m going to chime in anyways. We have been discussing these playoffs at work and we were all unanimous picking the Celtics to win it all from the beginning. Nothing I saw in the playoffs has changed my mind. They are the best team this year and I think it will work out for them.

One thing that works out to their advantage is how spread out the Finals are. They are just too good to be given extra time to rest and prepare.  It is their year.  Still, we have seen some terrific basketball and the runs the Pacers, Wolves and Mavs have made should put the league on notice. There will always be super teams but hopefully we see a change where bench depth is emphasized and more focus on having a complete team over a 3 headed monster. Celtics are able to have both this year and it will prove to be too much for the Mavs. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Go back and watch the game, Dallas had many open looks and just missed. It happens to teams in games in every series.

PJ Washington and Lively will play much better in Game 2. Irving will go for 30 next game, he played bad tonight, remember I said that. Doncic had 30 but didn't shoot well either. I get it, you are on cloud 9 after a nice blow out win and you should be. Knicks fans and the media were talking smack when they were up on the Pacers 2-0, and that was 2-0, not 1-0 and look at what happened. I don't want to hear about injuries because the Knicks were favored to win Game 7 and after Game 2 by ESPN statistics had a 94% chance of winning the series. It's the 1st one to 4. 

I picked Boston to win tonight, I figured they would win Game 1 being at home

No, go back and read my earlier posts. 
I predicted that this would only go 5 at the most.

Mavs have NO answer for Porzingis.  
None.

None for White or Holliday.

Brown will get his 25 a night.

This series will be short.

Logic is what fuels my posts.  You still haven’t answered a single question about who will stop this loaded team.

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Leonard hasn't been healthy since the 2019 season when he played for Toronto, and they won it all lmao . Dude is washed up and done. He plays 1 game and looks normal, then the next day, Clippers say he is out for a week haha 

He reminds me of the song " Not as good as I once was BUT as good once as I ever was".......

2 hours ago, NFLUp said:

No, go back and read my earlier posts. 
I predicted that this would only go 5 at the most.

Mavs have NO answer for Porzingis.  
None.

None for White or Holliday.

Brown will get his 25 a night.

This series will be short.

Logic is what fuels my posts.  You still haven’t answered a single question about who will stop this loaded team.

To answer your question, it's simple. Dallas knows they have to win Game 2 so their defensive energy will be much higher guarding the perimeter. If you actually think Boston is going to shoot like that from 3 again, I have swamp land I will sale you for 1 million dollars. Porzingis was launching 30 footers lmao . Also, Dallas won't shoot near as bad from 3 as they did. I don't think Dallas has had a game all year where they shot 5-24 from 3 and Irving had a rear stink up the joint night, that won't happen again. We will talk after Game 2. 

52 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

He reminds me of the song " Not as good as I once was BUT as good once as I ever was".......

He was a great player from 2014-2019. He deserved to be on that top 75 list of greatest ever players as well. He is on my list as well. Since he joined the Clippers, he just hasn't been able to stay healthy. Clippers seem to have the worse luck. Paul George is better than he is at this point. Harden is like Westbrook, they are chemistry killers.

Hats off to Doris Burke being the 1st women to be an analyst in NBA Finals game. Having said that, my nick-name for is Doris 'Knicks-Celtics lover' Burke. She is way over the top with her East coast bias. She was heartbroken when we beat NY and she loves the Celtics. Every time the Celtics do something great, she acts like slice bread was invented lmao .

I did put money on Dallas to win the Championship but if I lose, I lose. Pacers beating NY in Game 7 at NY to advance to the Final 4 was my Championship. Watching Stephen A. Smith cry like a baby was priceless. Nobody picked us, the media raked us through the coals, said we were nothing. Their fans were chanting 'we want Boston after going up 2-0', so to break that city's heart and all those celebrities made my whole summer. Next season I will expect more from the Pacers, to be back in the Final 4 again and I will expect them to be more competitive, but we way overachieved this season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To answer your question, it's simple. Dallas knows they have to win Game 2 so their defensive energy will be much higher guarding the perimeter. If you actually think Boston is going to shoot like that from 3 again, I have swamp land I will sale you for 1 million dollars. Porzingis was launching 30 footers lmao . Also, Dallas won't shoot near as bad from 3 as they did. I don't think Dallas has had a game all year where they shot 5-24 from 3 and Irving had a rear stink up the joint night, that won't happen again. We will talk after Game 2. 

Again, you prove that you really don’t know the NBA that well this year.

Who was the #2 offense this season?

Who was the #1 defense?

The Celtics are the best team in the NBA this season, and it hasn’t really been close.

You still haven’t refuted anything, and claiming that Porzingis hasn’t shot like that before is HILARIOUS.  Again, clearly you know nothing about this Celtics team. 

9 hours ago, NFLUp said:

Again, you prove that you really don’t know the NBA that well this year.

Who was the #2 offense this season?

Who was the #1 defense?

The Celtics are the best team in the NBA this season, and it hasn’t really been close.

You still haven’t refuted anything, and claiming that Porzingis hasn’t shot like that before is HILARIOUS.  Again, clearly you know nothing about this Celtics team. 

I never once said that the Celtics weren't great. On paper they have the most talented team. I just won't believe they will win it all until I see it. They had the best record last season and lost to the Heat. They even had Marcus Smart. I have just seen them fail to much when the stage is at its biggest. The only negative thing I have said about the Celtics is, Tatum tends to choke in the playoffs. It's been true. All the media even says it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I never once said that the Celtics weren't great. On paper they have the most talented team. I just won't believe they will win it all until I see it. They had the best record last season and lost to the Heat. They even had Marcus Smart. I have just seen them fail to much when the stage is at its biggest. The only negative thing I have said about the Celtics is, Tatum tends to choke in the playoffs. It's been true. All the media even says it. 

Fair points .

However, Holiday is a HUGE upgrade over Marcus Smart. A far better point guard, a MUCH better shooter, and a better defender.  
I don’t miss Smart and his *ic shot taking at all.  
Tatum chokes in the playoffs ?  So when he went off for what, 46 against the Bucks two years ago in the way to the finals, that was choking?  
He’s been fine in the playoffs.  They’ve been missing a good third option.  They have that now. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NFLUp said:

Welp.

Celtics play mediocre and still win.

Will this even go 5?  I do think the Mavs take one, but that’s it.

Hats off, congrats being up 2-0. I don't think the Mavs played well either. They played better tonight but still shot like dog doo from 3. So far Brown is the MVP, the Celtics aren't winning because of Tatum. Holiday and Brown both have had a better series so far. Doncic had a TDB tonight = 31/11/11, he needs more help. I am a surprised Irving has played 2 bad games in a row, that is really rare. The games in Dallas will be interesting. As of now, the Celtics have an 86% chance of winning the series.