Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Jags post game reaction

GoColts8818

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

They aren’t going to give up on AR after five games regardless of what happens with his injury.  What this offense needs badly is a WR who can stretch the field.  There are couple of those guys in this draft.  Marvin Jr is clearly the one every one knows but there is a FSU kid in this draft that can as well that might be a more realistic target.

Yeah, but right now there's no way we will be drafting high enough to get Marvin Jr, unless the team really goes into a horrible tailspin.  He's been projected as high as #2 in some of the draft charts.  Even with Minshew at the helm, I don't see that happening.  I know you agree, was just saying this for some of the people that think that Jr will somehow be available for us.  What's the name of the FSU kid? I don't really follow college football.  

4 minutes ago, Aaron86 said:

If you were hoping for a playoff run or even to just make the playoffs with a rookie QB and HC. You set yourself up for this disappointment. Sure making the playoffs would be sweet but at least be realistic. 

That’s a big ask lol. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, a06cc said:

Only WR on this team getting any type of separation is Downs 

I love Downs.  He reminds me of a T.Y. lite.  But yeah, he's the only one that I see getting consistent separation.  Often times with the other WRs, it seems like the DBs are right on them, even when they catch the ball.  

Just now, kymd82222 said:

Yeah, but right now there's no way we will be drafting high enough to get Marvin Jr, unless the team really goes into a horrible tailspin.  He's been projected as high as #2 in some of the draft charts.  Even with Minshew at the helm, I don't see that happening.  I know you agree, was just saying this for some of the people that think that Jr will somehow be available for us.  What's the name of the FSU kid? I don't really follow college football.  

Keon Coleman.  That’s why I said he’s probably more realistic because baring some massive trade I don’t think they will be in position to get Marvin Jr.  Coleman is being mocked in the middle of round one.  There is also Malik Nabers from LSU and Marvin Jrs teammate Emeka Egubka being projected in the middle of round one.

• Like 1

You realize Minshew threw 8 interceptions today. The first got wiped off by a penalty, the Jags dropped three gimmes including the last one which may have been dropped on purpose since it was a 4th down play, there were the three they did catch and there was the one they should have had if not for a superhuman effort at a one-handed catch by Pierce that the Jags #5 was headed the other way with if Alec doesn't snag it.

I told my wife after the first three, including the penalty wipe-off, that I wondered if Minshew forgot he wasn't still playing for the Jags because he kept throwing the ball right to them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, colts89 said:

Game one was like two snaps

Game two was the concussion. I'll also add that he could have played through that game, but was taking care of himself long term as he self reported. Love seeing that tbh.

Game four was nothing. Players get nicked up in every NFL game. He didn't miss any snaps and played great at the end of the game. That doesn't count at all.

Game 5 was the shoulder.

Maybe it's bad luck.  You may well be right, but there's a reason people are concerned, and for good reason.  Hopefully he comes back, plays at least 16 games every year, and this is all a distant memory.  Most people aren't writing off AR, but there's a reason they're concerned.  We've seen stuff like this happen with people like Bob Sanders.  Different types of injuries repeatedly kept him out of games.  Then, for awhile, it was his shoulder.  When it wasn't his shoulder, it was some other random injury.  After awhile, we all knew it wasn't "bad luck".  He was injury prone.  It's way too early to know if AR is injury prone, but to say this isn't cause for some concern is ridiculous.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am beginning to think colts are not going to win again in my lifetime lol. Just flat out jinxed.

We weren't going to win anything major this year anyways, no matter who the starting QB was. I'd say the fact that the 2nd/3rd round rookies (Juju/Downs) that were drafted this year played as well as they did is a great sign for the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am beginning to think colts are not going to win again in my lifetime lol. Just flat out jinxed.

Recently watched some of the 2006 Super Bowl.  Man, that footage is starting to look old.  Lol.  Felt like I was watching WWII footage.  

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Keep making excuses to excuse away the fact he’s been hurt in every game he’s played which is only four games and already has a serious and perhaps a season ending injury.

Even if I took your stance that some how only two of these injuries count the fact he’s had two of them in four games and had two different ones that resulted in missed games should concern anyone.  It doesn’t mean you panic and give up on him but it should make you concerned.  

Exactly.  Cause for concern.  Most fans aren't writing him off.  And yeah, saying certain injuries somehow "don't count"....I don't even know how to address that.  

1 minute ago, kymd82222 said:

Maybe it's bad luck.  You may well be right, but there's a reason people are concerned, and for good reason.  Hopefully he comes back, plays at least 16 games every year, and this is all a distant memory.  Most people aren't writing off AR, but there's a reason they're concerned.  We've seen stuff like this happen with people like Bob Sanders.  Different types of injuries repeatedly kept him out of games.  Then, for awhile, it was his shoulder.  When it wasn't his shoulder, it was some other random injury.  After awhile, we all knew it wasn't "bad luck".  He was injury prone.  It's way too early to know if AR is injury prone, but to say this isn't cause for some concern is ridiculous.  

Exactly injuries don’t happen in a vacuum they add up.  I agree it’s too soon to say he’s injury prone but it’s reasonable to go hey this is concerning.  The NFL has about three or four rookie QBs every year give or take, how many after five games have finished one game and already had two injuries that caused them to miss time and maybe the season with the second one.  This isn’t normal and shouldn’t just be blown off that’s all I am saying.

1 hour ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

maybe a 2 running back set since we are weak at qb

I’m not a fan of Sam but I’m warming up to the idea of playing him instead of Minchew.  I like the idea of him back there in a two back set.  He is more elusive and can run like AR.  I’m thinking Pierce might miss some time as well.  So a more unpredictable offense might work.  No one has really seen Sam play in Shane’s offense.  The only film on him is from last year in Reich’s offense.  So I think it might work until there is enough tape to counter his versatility.  Hopefully AR comes back before then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Never_Quit said:

Lol at thinking this is a good argument for the future of AR5. The dude is made of glass.

This season is a Jacoby-ball 2019 repeat. I dont think I can bring myself to watch a boring team lose for the rest of this season. We'll luck into 3-4 more wins and draft middle of the pack. If we do end up with a top pick, you HAVE to consider drafting a QB. Completely wasted season.

The Colts are cursed.

I think it's too early to make that assumption that he's made of glass.  Way too early to know that.  It COULD be "bad luck".  I'm not all diminishing the fact that he's been constantly hurt so far, or that it's no big deal.  It is a major cause for concern.  I just think it's way too early to write him off.  

Lots of over reaction in this thread and some flat out panicking.  It’s one bad game.  Teams have these for the most part in a 17 game season.  Don’t let it undo what you saw the first five weeks.  This team is better than last year.  That doesn’t mean I think they are going to the Super Bowl or even the playoffs for that matter but I didn’t think that before today either.  There will be better Sundays than today the rest of the season.  

• Like 1

I think it's too early to make that assumption that he's made of glass.  Way too early to know that.  It COULD be "bad luck".  I'm not all diminishing the fact that he's been constantly hurt so far, or that it's no big deal.  It is a major cause for concern.  I just think it's way too early to write him off.  

If he returns next year and immediately gets injured, I don't know what you do with him.  

It's a shame.  None of it was too big for him.  It wasn’t like watching Jacob Eason or whoever hit the field for the first time.  He belongs.  

Just now, #12. said:

If he returns next year and immediately gets injured, I don't know what you do with him.  

It's a shame.  None of it was too big for him.  It wasn’t like watching Jacob Eason or whoever hit the field for the first time.  He belongs.  

You cross that bridge when and if it happens.

11 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

That was what I was afraid it would be. Minshew off the bench Vs Minshew starting makes a difference. It just does. 

I’m disappointed, but losing Richardson makes a dramatic difference in the trajectory of this team. 

This. The lost game experience for AR is a huge setback. 

Just now, #12. said:

I don't know.  Might be better to have a plan.

The plan is you keep your high end backup in Minshew or get another high end back up.  If he gets hurt during the season you play the back up and see how things fall out after that and make a decision then.  That’s all they can really do.  

• Like 1

AR needs to stop trying to win with his legs and work on his arm. Yes, he is a big strong guy, but compared to the guy's hitting him, he is not THAT big and strong. This was predictable based on the history of running QB's. Designed QB runs in the NFL is asking for trouble. JMO

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

You just compared ARs injury history with Bob Sanders. Bob Sanders missed 82 games in his career and only played in 59 games across 7 seasons. AR has had two injuries. We'll see if the unlucky start continues, but the 'injury prone' label has to be earned for way more than two injuries (at least, for myself)

3 minutes ago, jaxjag said:

AR needs to stop trying to win with his legs and work on his arm. Yes, he is a big strong guy, but compared to the guy's hitting him, he is not THAT big and strong. This was predictable based on the history of running QB's. Designed QB runs in the NFL is asking for trouble. JMO

First of all agree.  Second hard to do when a guy has gotten where he is by playing this way his whole life and the running ability is a big part of why you drafted him.  Still this is part of why I wasn’t a big fan of drafting him in the first place but he’s here so as a Colts fan I hope he figures it out.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jaxjag said:

True, but many of the plays that he was injured on were run of the mill NFL tackles.  Like others have said, this is one of the reasons why his injuries are so concerning.  Yeah, the hit where he injured his shoulder was a pretty big hit, but those hits are going to happen.  Still, it's not like there have been any hits on him where people were like "Oh my God, he may not get up from that".  I dunno.  It's early.  

• Like 1

True, but many of the plays that he was injured on were run of the mill NFL tackles.  Like others have said, this is one of the reasons why his injuries are so concerning.  Yeah, the hit where he injured his shoulder was a pretty big hit, but those hits are going to happen.  Still, it's not like there have been any hits on him where people were like "Oh my God, he may not get up from that".  I dunno.  It's early.  

It’s also unrealistic to expect him to get down before the hit EVERY time.  I mean he did slide early in the Titans game as an example.  He knows he needs to limit his hit and even before the Texans games he was getting out of bonds rather than leaning into linebackers like Luck would do for an extra yard.  So he understands he has to protect himself, however if you are going to be a runner in the NFL sooner or later you are going to get hit.  Heck just being a QB in the NFL sooner or later you are going to get hit.  What’s so concerning is that through four games (which is all we have to go on) Richardson has shown an inability to take routine hits.  

i agree it’s far to soon to say he’s injury prone or give up on him and start over.  It could just be really bad luck I can’t see the future.  What I can do is look at what’s happened not just with AR but other QBs in general.  I can’t think of another one that in the first five games of his career had only finished one of them because he had been knocked out of the others and forced to miss one due to an injury and then suffered a significant injury in another that might cost him the season.  

If it was just a fluke injury in the Titans game and that was it as much as it would suck you’d just go bad luck let’s get him next year.  It’s not that alone, it’s everything he’s taken in basically 2 1/2 games of action (when you account for all the time he’s missed) that makes you go hey this isn’t a good sign we should pay attention to this.  It’s even more troubling when you go it’s not like the line isn’t protecting him or he is taking extra hit likes Luck would that he doesn’t need to take and go we can fix that.  For the most part these are run of the mill NFL tackles with the exception of maybe the Titans one.  

Again, don’t over react to it and give up on him or write him off but also don’t put your head in the sand go go everything is fine because the alternative isn’t what you want to happen.  I don’t want Richardson to get hurt either but the reality is that he is at an alarming rate.  If you don’t think that’s getting Chris Ballard and the Colts attention you have another thing coming.