Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tony Sparano Jr

compuls1v3

3 minutes ago, Farns01 said:

True, but I think the stress Ryan Kelly had to deal with has had a major impact on his play.  Now it looks like his life is improving hopefully he can back to his Pro Bowl form.  

There’s zero doubt what he’s been through in the last two years took it out of him mentally. Can’t blame the guy at all. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

There’s zero doubt what he’s been through in the last two years took it out of him mentally. Can’t blame the guy at all. 

And physically.  Look at the weight he said he played at last year vs this year.  That’s a huge deal.  I am glad Kelly is back and I hope fans appreciate what he means to this line now.  He was always kinda mad after thought when Nelson got here and some thought him playing good was because of Nelson.  Now we saw the line without him at pro bowl level and there is no doubt Kelly is just as much a pro bowl level player that Nelson is and the two of them together are special.

• Like 2

I said this in another thread yesterday already, but Sparano Jr has these dudes playing tough ! 

Kelly coming back had much more of an impact than I thought it would. 

I was also super worried about LT when Raimann went down, but Freeland walked in and didn't miss a beat. You didn't hear about him, and that's the best compliment you can give him.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I said this in another thread yesterday already, but Sparano Jr has these dudes playing tough ! 

Kelly coming back had much more of an impact than I thought it would. 

I was also super worried about LT when Raimann went down, but Freeland walked in and didn't miss a beat. You didn't hear about him, and that's the best compliment you can give him.  

I think the drafted freehand to be the swing but ultimately replace Braden 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

He had an elbow injury in 2020 and couldn't lift as needed, likely for more than a year. With a weak arm and not being to do all of the needed lower body power work, he got bullied.

So he is healthy now. 

• Thanks 1

Bring this over here from the week 5 PFF scores thread.

OL as a whole through week 5:(Thank you Tony Sparano)

• Raimann (#9/72) been grading out around top 10 all year

• Nelson (#17/78) steadily been playing good all year, grade probably would be a little higher, if not for a few questionable penalties

• Kelly (#1/37) The anchor, has been grade in top 8 all season and #1 for the last 4 weeks

• Fries (#22/78) steadily putting together a solid season

• Smith (#12/72) outside of week 3 has graded out well all season 

• Lowest rank on OL started is #22, with (2) top 10 in positional groups

• Freeland showed improvement from first action. This will only help his development

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, w87r said:

Bring this over here from the week 5 PFF scores thread.

OL as a whole through week 5:(Thank you Tony Sparano)

• Raimann (#9/72) been grading out around top 10 all year

• Nelson (#17/78) steadily been playing good all year, grade probably would be a little higher, if not for a few questionable penalties

• Smith (#1/37) The anchor, has been grade in top 8 all season and #1 for the last 4 weeks

• Fries (#22/78) steadily putting together a solid season

• Smith (#12/72) outside of week 3 has graded out well all season 

• Lowest rank on OL started is #22, with (2) top 10 in positional groups

• Freeland showed improvement from first action. This will only help his development

Which Smith is Kelly?

On 10/9/2023 at 9:00 PM, compuls1v3 said:

I say give this man some props.  Haven't had our starting 5 the past few games, and the o line has been getting it done.   I'm happy with this hire thus far.

For sure. Hard to explain the turnaround on this o-line any other way than just better coaching.

• Like 2